How do you arrange a cc meet and greet?

stray

There will be several of us on the Jan 6th sailing of the Veendam. We would like to get together for a meet and greet. I have offered my suite for the location, and someone suggested meeting after life boat drill. I was wondering how to arrange for some refreshments and drinks, and perhaps one of the ship's officers to chat. Anyone know?

I set our group Meet & Greet up. The e-mail included my name, the sailing date and the following:

We would like to set up a Meet N Greet for our group during our first day at sea, December 7th, for mid afternoon, in the Crow's Nest (not to interfere with any Mariner events as many are Mariners in our group). We would like to extend an invitation to the Captain and Hotel Manager. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to provide.

This is what I received:

Dear Bob,

We are pleased to confirm the following for the above group.

REQUEST HISTORY: Original request received: 11-07-06

Request sent to ship: 11-07-06

Request confirmed by ship: 11-07-06

Confirmation sent to agent: 11-08-06

HOSPITALITY DESK: No Hospitality Desk requested

COCKTAIL PARTY: No cocktail party requested

MEETING SPACE: Date: 12-07-06

Time: 2:00-3:00pm

Room Setup: reception

A/V Needs/Rates: None

*If A/V Tech support/assistance is required; there is a charge of $100.00per hour, per staff member involved.

Food and Beverage Needs: Coffee, tea, water and cookies

Request: Hotel officer/staff to attend meet and greet briefly. *Should the vessel's operational or situational circumstances permit, at the staff's discretion an appropriate officers' delegation will attempt to partake for a portion of this duration. At no time will this be guaranteed.

Form of payment: N/A

Number of guests attending: 75

Confirmed

*Venue confirmations are subject to change per ship discretion.

Merchandise Sales: All onboard sales of group related merchandise will be processed through the onboard purchasing system and be subject to a 20% processing fee. Please see the Purser upon embarkation to set this up.

If you have any questions regarding the aforementioned, please feel free to contact me. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your group requests while onboard, please contact the Beverage Manager onboard for assistance.

The captain, Hotel Manager and Cruise director all came to the get together.

I don't know---January 6th is coming up mighty fast. If I were you I would rather call Ship Services than e-mail. That way you are in contact with a live person on the very day you reach out. It should get the ball rolling faster.

If you want to use a public room for the get-together Seattle has to contact the ship, then the ship has to check availability, then get back to Seattle, then they get back to you, then you get back to the group on your roll-call, then.... :rolleyes:

You get the idea---this can take some time.

I set up a "Meet and Greet" for the February 4, 2007 sailing on the Veendam. Contact Angie Bowman - Coordinator, Onboard Event Services for the MS Veendam and MS Statendam. Her email is abowman@hollandamerica.com

Phone number: 206-262-5963

She will email the form back to you and fax back to her. Ours is scheduled for the first full sea day at 1 PM in the Crows Nest.

Hope this helps.

You may have a point Ruth but when I went that route, the only thing they did was give me the name of the coordinator. I sent the e-mail on the 6th of November and got the responce on the 8th of November.

I had the same experience on the Oosterdam. Contacted Ship Services and they forwarded my e-mail to the Events Coordinator. So if you have the Ships Coordinator info I would contact him or her directly.

Really doesn't take long to set things up.

I was wondering about a meet and greet for our cruise. We leave on the 13th on the zuiderdam. Right now we have about 30. Glad to know they do this. I'll pass the word on and see if we want to do this.

Thanks for the information

michelle

Archived