Cabin Door Dimensions/Info - Legend

brendaisbored

This is probably going to come across as slightly odd...but does anyone have the dimensions for the cabin doors on the Legend? How about pictures? About how far away do you think it is to the outlet? We'll be staying on the Main deck, in a balcony cabin overlooking the Atrium (category 8A I believe).

I know the door is metal, but is the door frame? What about the surrounding wall? Is there gap enough for a wire/string to go between the door and floor/ceiling?

I'm leaving in two weeks (eee!) for a cruise on the Legend and have been put in charge of our entry for the door decorating contest. I'm thinking about going all out...lights, music, etc. I want to know what I should bring and not have to worry about damaging anything or it falling down.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :D

This is probably going to come across as slightly odd...but does anyone have the dimensions for the cabin doors on the Legend? How about pictures? About how far away do you think it is to the outlet? We'll be staying on the Main deck, in a balcony cabin overlooking the Atrium (category 8A I believe).

I know the door is metal, but is the door frame? What about the surrounding wall? Is there gap enough for a wire/string to go between the door and floor/ceiling?

I'm leaving in two weeks (eee!) for a cruise on the Legend and have been put in charge of our entry for the door decorating contest. I'm thinking about going all out...lights, music, etc. I want to know what I should bring and not have to worry about damaging anything or it falling down.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :D

Lights sound cool, but I don't think the music will go over well if it's audible outside your door. Remember you have neighbors to think about ;)

I don't know what the dimensions are. Sorry.

The doors are metal BUT they have a "decorative coating" and my magnetic paper for example did not stick and needed tape (I always travel with duct tape:)) I think the frame trim around the outside of the door (maybe 1 1.2 -2 inches?? thick) is pure exposed metal.

The outlet is not near the door. It is by the desk/vanity sort of in the center of the room. You would definetly need an extension cord of considerable length to pass theough the room. I have no idea what the gap between is but I am fairly sure it is wuite thin on all sides.

Sorry I don't have better news or more info but I hope this helps somewhat!

I have admitted to taking down stuff off peoples doors in the past and weighing down my suitcase so much I had to pay an extra weight fee at the airport for that bag. So please use light weight things so if your door decorations end up missing I can still get through the airport.

Seriously, I guess everyone has their own shipboard hobbies... but do spending your precious ship board moments decorating the door to this extent ... maybe some form of an aphrodesiac I should try some time!

I would suggest only using inexpensive items that can be put on with regular tape. Some things tend to disappear so don't put anything you don't want to lose. Duct tape is too sticky & leaves a mess behind.

You can make door signs or get party cutouts at your local party store.

The gap around the door-- there is none. THese are fire doors..so if there is an emergency these doors will shut tight.

Use the battery operated one. (I think your cabin steward will be unplugging your lights if you go that route. ) very long extension cord to go from the vanity to the door.

you can get some great ideas on cabin door decorations by going to webshots and doing a search on cabin door decorations.

Electrical lights might be considered a fire hazard and they may be taken down.

Serene, I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the doors being fire doors. Do you mean if there is a fire each person will be locked in their cabin?? (I hope not!) I have to disagree with you. I don't think the cabin doors are fire doors. They usually have a large gap at the bottom for the steward to slide your Capers/bill under.

All that being said, I have never sailed on anything but Holiday or Fantasy class. I can't say for sure about the Legend.

IF there is a fire-- the doors wont lock-- they will be close to keep the fire from spreading. (thats why they are metal.)

They dont close by themselves--2 people will be incahrage of that particualr area on the ship-- will close all doors while making sure no one is in the cabin

I am not seeing a large gap on the bottom of the door either.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/1085603469046179758SLZgdC

http://family.webshots.com/photo/1518880667082386201WIlnMo

some doors have these vents.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1189772175059484428VHcUXZ

some doors wont even do the gap on the floor since there is a rubber thing-- (notice the mail box outside.

First let me say thank you for all of the responses so far. They're definitely helping me decide what to do.

I asked about the gap because I'd like to put some speakers outside the door. They're really cheap ones (cost me under a dollar) and I'd use them only on the day of the contest (and be aware of the sound so not to disturb anyone). The theme of the contest is "Name that Tune" so I figured having actual music might help. :)

The outlet was more of a wild idea, I didn't think it would work. Worth a thought though. I'm going to see if I can find some more powerful magnets that will stick even through the decorative coating. Thanks for telling me, I wouldn't have thought about it.

Battery operated lights are a great idea. I remember some people having lights last year, that explains how they were able to get them up there without too much issue.

The pictures from webshots also helped a lot. I'd never been to that website. There is a lot of great stuff there.

Thanks again. I'm still looking for any information/ideas that will help. My cabinmates and I already have some ideas...but Name That Tune is a pretty big category. :)

I also say forget the speakers.. the cabin stewarts are out and about with their carts--plus parents with strollers-- and people in wheelchairs and or scooters.

Since you cruised before you are aware of how narrow the halls are to begin with

Archived