Carnival Credit Card

WERA

Okay, I'm hooked on cruises. So I figure I may as well try to get some money off by using their card vs the one I've got. Anyone have a link to the bank putting it out?

I saw that you later found your answer, but if you are seeing the Carnival SeaMiles MasterCard as being issued by Juniper Bank. . . that has recently changed. Now being run (or is in transition) by Barclays. My personal opinion is that Juniper did a piss-poor job with the card, so I'm hoping to see some improvement with the new bank holder. The current points program (with all its hidden regulations) may not be your best bet of all the rewards cards. I suggest you do a lot of comparision. Have a great start to the New Year!!

Yeah I read through it all and wasn't too impressed with it. I went with the Royal Caribbean one for now and will take another look at Carnivals in the future.

I've already got the company AmEx singed up for points too so having one that is one company specific isn't too big a deal for now.

Unless something drastic happens, this card remains a major ripoff! Just for starters, it takes twice as many points to earn the same reward as, for example, the MBNA Cruise Rewards card. Then, when you call to redeem points, they inflate the cruise price; will not honor cruise line pricing. They should issue a jar of Vaseline along with the card!

i agree w/ the above posters. i too, am very unhappy w/ this card. and i'm not even holding out hope w/ the bank switch b/c the travel agency that has to book the cruises will stay the same i believe. if they get dumped...well then maybe there's hope.

I too am not happy with the card. I think when I have enough points for 2 free inside short cruises. I will dump the card. Course by the time I get to that point they will raise the amount of points it takes.

Guess I will keep using the Airline Card

i agree w/ the above posters. i too, am very unhappy w/ this card. and i'm not even holding out hope w/ the bank switch b/c the travel agency that has to book the cruises will stay the same i believe. if they get dumped...well then maybe there's hope.

I too am not happy with the card. I think when I have enough points for 2 free inside short cruises. I will dump the card. Course by the time I get to that point they will raise the amount of points it takes.

Guess I will keep using the Airline Card

I saw that you later found your answer, but if you are seeing the Carnival SeaMiles MasterCard as being issued by Juniper Bank. . . that has recently changed. Now being run (or is in transition) by Barclays. My personal opinion is that Juniper did a piss-poor job with the card, so I'm hoping to see some improvement with the new bank holder. The current points program (with all its hidden regulations) may not be your best bet of all the rewards cards. I suggest you do a lot of comparision. Have a great start to the New Year!!

And now they have a Chase Sea Miles visa card. I think the points are the same as the Juniper/Barclays.

Had it, hated it, used the last 50,000 points and cut it up!

For example:

You are "suppose" to get $500.00 for 50,000 points. However, if you get a lower cruise rate through Carnival and then transfer it to them to get the $500.00....they reduce the $500.00 by the amount of your past cruisers discount. We ended up only getting $375.00 for our 50,000.

Plus (and this is a biggie to me) they LIED and tried to convince us that cruise insurance is REQUIRED. In fact, they had already charged the $70.00 to our credit card without even mentioning it. When we questioned the $70.00 charge, they said "oh that just for the cruise insurance. You have to have that to cruise." Hubby politely (ok not so politely at this point) told this jerk that he had been cruising longer than this con man had been alive and he knew full well that cruise insurance was NOT required.

Bottom line, if a company will lie to you...then why would you want to do business with them? But then, this is the same travel agency company that runs the CVC...so what else do you expect!

Had it, hated it, used the last 50,000 points and cut it up!

For example:

You are "suppose" to get $500.00 for 50,000 points. However, if you get a lower cruise rate through Carnival and then transfer it to them to get the $500.00....they reduce the $500.00 by the amount of your past cruisers discount. We ended up only getting $375.00 for our 50,000.

Plus (and this is a biggie to me) they LIED and tried to convince us that cruise insurance is REQUIRED. In fact, they had already charged the $70.00 to our credit card without even mentioning it. When we questioned the $70.00 charge, they said "oh that just for the cruise insurance. You have to have that to cruise." Hubby politely (ok not so politely at this point) told this jerk that he had been cruising longer than this con man had been alive and he knew full well that cruise insurance was NOT required.

Bottom line, if a company will lie to you...then why would you want to do business with them? But then, this is the same travel agency company that runs the CVC...so what else do you expect!

Yep, I agree.

Archived