Kids Running Wild

ihhk2

Yeah, I know! Don't know why, either... Only posted once, but the "clicking" and load status went nuts there for a minute.

The pic won't show up for me... it's a handmade sign that says "Unattended children will be given an espresso and free puppy."

Yeah, I know! Don't know why, either... Only posted once, but the "clicking" and load status went nuts there for a minute.

The pic won't show up for me... it's a handmade sign that says "Unattended children will be given an espresso and free puppy."

Don't click refresh is you get a white screen... refreshing will just give you multiple threads/posts...

but if they're unattended, that's just making your problem worse. not a problem for the missing parent whosse kid is now on a caffeine high buzzin' around the ship like a top w/ a dog in his hand.:p

I didn't refresh, just clicked once and the status bar went nuts. Again, sorry all.

Hey, Rusty! How'd you do that???

QUALIFIER: Kid only gets espresso and puppy as parents are approaching, with enough time to down the espresso and "attach" to the puppy!

And our revenge for the parents who allow it:

Sit down and have story time with the kids :D

OK, so all the stories tell about when THEIR parents were younger and all the wild things they used to do because you're an old friend :eek:

Sit down and have story time with the kids :D

OK, so all the stories tell about when THEIR parents were younger and all the wild things they used to do because you're an old friend :eek:

Great! Give them new ideas on how to misbehave and be annoying. THAT will solve the problem! :D

However, if these stories included severe and dire consequences that make the kids' eyes bug out, maybe they would calm down. Or... better yet, when they get older, they can embarrass the parents with the stories!:D

I still like punishing the parents with the espresso and puppy. They would never lose sight of their kids again!

Great! Give them new ideas on how to misbehave and be annoying. THAT will solve the problem! :D

However, if these stories included severe and dire consequences that make the kids' eyes bug out, maybe they would calm down. Or... better yet, when they get older, they can embarrass the parents with the stories!:D

I still like punishing the parents with the espresso and puppy. They would never lose sight of their kids again!

But you have to have the espresso an puppy with you!

Stories you can make up on the spot. Like the time mom got that tattoo where her bathingsuit covers. Or their wild drug use. Or the time dad got arrested whatever.

Or you can do what DW did to some poor kid. She saw him later with his parents and turned to me and loudly said "isn't that the guy that shared his joint with us? I wonder if he's got any more, that was good stuff".

Sadly I'm of the view that unruly children are the product of undisciplined parents. I fear your solution will only result in a neglected pup and a lawsuit against Starbucks.

Sadly I'm of the view that unruly children are the product of undisciplined parents. I fear your solution will only result in a neglected pup and a lawsuit against Starbucks.

Poor pup.

It's OK about Starbuck's though, aren't they owned by Dr Evil?

Evidently, Rusty googled it. When it comes up, save it to your computer to use later. I just copy/pasted it from where I got it and then the dreaded red x came through.

Poster is right... we'd end up with one neglected puppy, if the kids are unruly. Unruly kids are ALWAYS the product of ineffective parents. If they let the kids run wild, what will the puppy be allowed to do?

However, nothing says "annoying" like a kid with a puppy it already loves, begging to keep it! How about a "gift certificate" for a cute little puppy (with LOTS of photos of the little puppy being adorable) that the kid can beg the parents for the rest of the voyage?

Would that work?

Can I ask how you got that, I just saw a red X. In the past I have been able to copy & paste into word but it would not work.

:p I just googled for the image I knew they were talking about, and copy/pasted it from that page. From the looks of the properties of the original poster's image, it looks like they may have been trying to copy/paste from an email they received on their Yahoo mail account. So, since they're logged into their account, they can't see the image in the post, but we can't. It needs to be hosted on a non-password protected server somewhere. (No, what I typed didn't make any sense either.:D)

Teenagers “running wild” and chairhogs are the perennial favorite complaints that I have noticed.

Guess what? Parents pay for those kids, so they are also fellow customers. Carnival caters to parents and kids (with Camp Carnival) so you should expect to see a bunch of kids when you select Carnival.

Bottom line, a cruise is what you make of it. If you want to complain and moan about every little annoyance, then you will not enjoy yourself.

Carnival is supposed to be a “fun” ship, remember? Kids run and yell sometimes. They are on vacation too.

Of course if some kid runs into you, knocking you down or spilling your wine, and doesn’t apologize, then you have every right to reprimand him and his parents if they seem complacent. However, if it is just kids being kids, then relax and smile.

Teenagers “running wild” and chairhogs are the perennial favorite complaints that I have noticed.

Guess what? Parents pay for those kids, so they are also fellow customers. Carnival caters to parents and kids (with Camp Carnival) so you should expect to see a bunch of kids when you select Carnival.

Bottom line, a cruise is what you make of it. If you want to complain and moan about every little annoyance, then you will not enjoy yourself.

Carnival is supposed to be a “fun” ship, remember? Kids run and yell sometimes. They are on vacation too.

Of course if some kid runs into you, knocking you down or spilling your wine, and doesn’t apologize, then you have every right to reprimand him and his parents if they seem complacent. However, if it is just kids being kids, then relax and smile.

I suppose this depends on your definition of "running wild". Running, playful yelling, general playing I don't consider running wild. I do consider tossing food on the deck as you walk, going to the adult areas when you are clearly under age, petty vandalism (or major), climbing on stuff that you really shouldn't climb on (like the mast), spitting from the rail inside the ship onto the decks below to be signs that a child might just be "running wild". If it's just children being children then by all means let them play, as long as it's safe.

Do you think 6 & 7 year olds running thru the promanade shops chasing each other unsupervised is kids being kids? Some parents think that the entire ship is a chucky cheese that they can turn thier kids loose and not have to worry about then untill the week is over..Im sorry to inform these people that parenting is a full time job..there is no vacation from it. :rolleyes:

Archived