Jeans Are Allowed...

sneakerstud

Every time I read about the snow out there I can't help but wonder if you ever got your lettuce.
LOL We did get lettuce 5 days after the big snow. We had to fight for it because supplies were low; no deliveries made it.

Oh, that's just the start.... how about the teenage girls with the "how low can you go" jeans that show their thong underwear?

And the "rapper gangsta" two sizes too big pants some of the teen boys wear with their wadded up checkered boxer shorts showing over the top?

Ah.. and let's not forget "do-rags!"

Yo! We be stylin' on NCL!

(not going to post the pix here.. but if you want to know what I mean... go here:)

http://www.gazette.uwo.ca/.%2F2005%2F02%20february%2F10%2Fscans%2F01b%20thong.png

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38040000/jpg/_38040325_baggytrousers.jpg

http://www.firstlinemfg.com/images/SportsDoRag.jpg

I find it a bit frightening how you manage to judge so many!

The "young" people do keep up with current styles whether we like the styles or not.

And, I've seen many older people dressing in the current young styles...so what?! Live and let live.

I remember my mom being upset when some of us came home with "hip huggers"...she adjusted, it was the style.

Piercing our ears? We told her AFTER we did it.

While I may not agree with the current trends, I certainly will NOT judge anyone by what they wear.

I believe behavior is much more important than dress.

That being said...I have seen minimal bad behavior on NCL ships...and not all of it from "casual dressed" guests;)

So' date=' with the announcement that jeans are now allowed in the diningroom, you would think this argument would go away.

[b']Not!![/b]

PE<---thinks some people simply thrive on argument...

Would denim overalls with an oxford shirt and rep tie make the cut?

You guys can come here in the Northeast........73 today and sunny with a light breeze:D And, everything is starting to bloom:eek:

Thanks Ann, you just convinced me I lost even when it involves the weather!

-Monte

LOL...why can't just everybody be relaxed??? If you can not wear what you want, people are complaining...NOW you can wear waht you want and all of you still complain!:eek:

Enjoy your vacations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is really a market for everybody on NCL...from the GUCCI/Prada cruiser to the Wallmart Person...which is wonderful! All and everybody tries to make the best out of the couple realxing days left in a busy year!

You can never make it everybody right! So accept it and learn and enjoy...

King Marcus

LOL We did get lettuce 5 days after the big snow. We had to fight for it because supplies were low; no deliveries made it.

They were interviewing your supermarket employees on TV and they said they did not have enough time for deliveries before the second snow hit:eek:

Avalanche news today is pretty scary.

Stay safe!

You DO need this vacation:)

Going on my first NCL cruise in a few weeks. It's my 22nd cruise overall. The only time I ever wore jeans in the dining room was when my luggage wasn't delivered before dinner and I had flown in on the day of the cruise. I always dressed up for *formal night*, but... I have to say that I am somewhat in favor of this *new rule*. DH hates wearing a suit, and was thrilled when I told him he didn't have to pack one, but I did tell him not to pack any jeans. Now he can bring his black jeans, or his *good* blue jeans and be comfortable, and I can wear my $150 embroidered jeans from the Gap, or my $200 jeans that I bought in Verona (Italy), without being glared at or dissed... Hell.. I can even wear my cheapo Levi's and a nice blouse and feel comfortable. Geez... Who cares what you wear... Ok.. The guy with the tank top and hairy pits at dinner on my med cruise was over the top (and he was asked to leave and change), but if someone wears jeans with a nice shirt or blouse and is clean and presentable, I don't see the problem... Especially on a *freestyle* cruise...

I don't think that a person who is dressed in a nice pair of jeans and shirt, (Not torn or faded) looks less glamorous, tidier, or better. I think that is a matter of opinion. I think the way someone acts, if they are neat and clean and how they present themselves looks more tidier, better, and more glamorous.
I'm sure that it is a matter of opinion.

But just try going to a black tie dinner, or to Glyndebourne, wearing "a nice pair of jeans and shirt".

Do you think your food will taste different if you were dressed in a formal compared to a pair of jeans?
I think you misunderstand what I wrote.

My overall pleasure in the dining experience, if it is a formal night and I'm dressed in formal dress, is increased if my surroundings are populated by other people also dressed in formal dress.

If it is not to be, on NCL, then it is not to be. We can have just as much fun when it's not formal night. But there's an undercurrent of opinion here along the lines of "Why do you care what I wear?" This is the answer.

Thanks Ann, you just convinced me I lost even when it involves the weather!

-Monte

The ski slopes in Ohio are now closed and they are looking at opening up the swimming pools.....:D

We were all hopeful for a snowday on Tuesday to recover from the big game late on Monday night, but we have changed that to hoping for a power outage on Tuesday morning...lol

My overall pleasure in the dining experience, if it is a formal night and I'm dressed in formal dress, is increased if my surroundings are populated by other people also dressed in formal dress.

My overall pleasure in the dining experience is the food that I am eating and the company that I am sharing my table with, not even who is sitting across the room and especially not what that person is wearing! (I could care less!)

The Texaribbean cruise aboard Dream seems to be the trendsetter for the future of cruising: the hostesses were allowing shorts in the main dining rooms on the Christmas cruise this past year.

The term "dress code" made its appearance in the 1960s coincident with the introduction of universal credit cards. Prior to that, invitations bore the notice "Black Tie" or even "White Tie" when something more formal than a business suit was called for.

Now we debate the cost of designer jeans. Get out the Visa or MasterCard.

LOL...why can't just everybody be relaxed??? If you can not wear what you want, people are complaining...NOW you can wear waht you want and all of you still complain!:eek:

Enjoy your vacations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is really a market for everybody on NCL...from the GUCCI/Prada cruiser to the Wallmart Person...which is wonderful! All and everybody tries to make the best out of the couple realxing days left in a busy year!

You can never make it everybody right! So accept it and learn and enjoy...

King Marcus

Because wearing jeans in the dining rooms ruins the ambiance for fellow diners.

Now... what style were those Prada $500 Jeans?

why do we teach kids to walk? It's so much more work! :eek: I was happy when he just layed there being cute. LOL

Toilet training is worse. My son is 16 and about to get his license and I will never forget this. He was toilet trained. I was so happy that this had been accomplished until we were driving somewhere and he had to go to the bathroom. There was nothing nearby and suffice to say I didn't do a good job teaching him to use the great outdoors. A diaper would have been so much neater.

Hi,

I don't recall reading about that Jeans now allowed on NCL. Having sailed on both the Star and the Dawn, women were never questioned.

But last spring on the Dawn, my brother wore blue denim to one of the main rooms and was asked to change. He asked if Black Jeans were ok and the answer is yes.

Remember, Jeans come in different colors these days.

synet165

ncl star June 2005

ncl dawn April 2006

NCL Sun 4/8/2007:)

jeans were allowed in main dining rooms on Pearl on 12/22 and we saw people turned away for wearing shorts.

We were pleasantly surprised at the number of people wearing cocktail and formal clothes. Many more than we expected.

Whether it is formal, resort casual, or relaxed, the attire should be situationally appropriate.

Seems the jeans debate will continue, regardless of what guidelines the cruise lines set.

How about blue denim tux or formal for all!;) ;)

I care about the difference, especially if the company is the same in either case.

People in formal dress look better, tidier, more glamorous - particularly if it's a special occasion like the one formal night on a cruise (optional or not). So what other people wear is an important part of a restaurant's ambience. Ambience is an important background to the pleasure one derives from an experience. Why do you think that so many restaurants have dress codes? Why do so many formal dinners specify formal dress?

You may not want to participate, which is what freestyle is all about. But you should also see why some people like to wear and see others wearing formal dress.

I agree, we like to dress up once, at least to some degree, and I am surprised so many really don't want to at all. I don't think it is necessary to wear tux or even dark suits, but certainly a sport jacket for the gents and a nice dress for us. As for Jeans, as I said I don't wear them, but I know many who think it is they are the height of style and would even tell us God told them so. LOL

jeans were allowed in main dining rooms on Pearl on 12/22 and we saw people turned away for wearing shorts.

We were pleasantly surprised at the number of people wearing cocktail and formal clothes. Many more than we expected.

I appreciate your first hand report which confirms what some others have said. Do you know if this dress code was also in effect at some of the alternative rooms (such as LeBistro and Cagneys)?

thanks

-Monte

I actually like big and small ships. I just like to say that I'm going to Las Vegas in 6 days. :p

Monte...we've had snow 3 weekends in a row and are expecting snow again on Friday. I hope you don't get stuck. But if you do, I'm sure between PE and I, we could put you up. ;)

I am thinking about you Cecilia, we live in NM and though not hit as hard as you, we certainly have had our share. Yes, we have the same storm coming in the end of this week as you are expecting. Are you leaving on Friday or Thursday? I will pray Mr Winter takes a little detour for a few days. I knew you are staying downtown, it's our favorite place to hang out even though we always stay in our Time Share on the Strip and yes, I think I would say Go Saints; John, have fun at the Mandalay. We won't get our Vegas fix until the end of May.

Nita

Archived