Where is the Laundry on the Pacific Sun?

I think it is next to M128. We were in 120 and it was a few doors up. Very convenient for us. I also thought there was one on another deck too, or am I thinking of the Sky.

I'm having the same dilema ADF... I thought that there was a second one on Sun too, but I couldn't see it on the ship map card that's in my collection. So you might be right, it might have been Sky that had two.

I know i only went in March on the Sun and I can't remember! I am positive there was a laundry on upper deck, which we were on up front near the lifts?? i remember having to walk a long way to check if there were machines free, and most times there weren't, but I don't remember taking the lift?? and that would have been before the cocktail of the day:D .

Cheryl

I know i only went in March on the Sun and I can't remember! I am positive there was a laundry on upper deck, which we were on up front near the lifts?? i remember having to walk a long way to check if there were machines free, and most times there weren't, but I don't remember taking the lift?? and that would have been before the cocktail of the day:D .

Cheryl

We were on Upper deck & I don't remember one being on there. Mind you, I may have had too many cockatils at any given time to remember that. I remember the one on Main deck. Went there once or twice but was always busy so didn't bother. Managed to get through 11 days without the laundry.

Karen

Just a question though - if there are 2 laundries aboard the sun why don't they show them on the deck plans?? In the latest brochure and on the web it shows the self service laundry onboard the Pacific Dawn but not the Sun. I think I will email P & O just to make sure.

Rach

Just a question though - if there are 2 laundries aboard the sun why don't they show them on the deck plans?? In the latest brochure and on the web it shows the self service laundry onboard the Pacific Dawn but not the Sun. I think I will email P & O just to make sure.

Rach

Ahh.....glad it wasn't the cocktails! thought I walked up that way, not that I went there often!! once to iron the boys shirts for the formal night and once to do a load of washing. Not bad for a ten night cruise with four of us, two of them teenagers. My daughter took enough clothes to last her for three cruises:eek: We washed lots of stuff out in the shower/basin and hung them around, everything dried well!!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

Main and upper decks are where the laundries are. there are not many w/m 's and dryers ,so the place can get hectic. especially when there are a lot of children on board....

and like others have mentioned , no laundries show up in the deck plans.

I have to say. I just wash out our underwear in the hand basin, and send the rest out. that way, I don't have to take a real lot of changes. except for formals. They have specials sometimes for a bag full of washing for $25.00 (I think)

when we go on holiday, it is just that...no more washing, ironing, cooking or cleaning.....makes you want to live on board doesn't it......ha ha.

happy cruising. kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi All

I emailed P & O and the reply is:

In regards to your query of laundry services offered onboard, please refer to the below information for further details:

Pacific Sun

There are 2 self service laundries onboard Pacific Sun for the convenience of passengers. These are located on Main Deck 5 Aft (adjoining to M128 and M135) and Upper Deck 6 Midship (adjacent to U78). The washing machines and dryers are about $1.00 each per load and sachets of laundry detergent are available at about $1.00 per sachet. Free laundry is not available for any age group.

Rach

Hi,

Travelling as a family of 5, we found there was plenty of washing to be done, particularily on the second half of our cruise. My wife does 90% of our washing at home so I did most of ours on the cruise :)

I think we started to go through clothes more as we hit the ports. We worked out the trick was to get to the laundry between 6:30 - 7:30 AM and load up a machine, go have breakfast, come back and put a second load through. Once you have a machine if you come back before the end of it's cycle, it's still yours. Be aware of 'Laundry wars' when someone will be tapping their foot waiting for your machine to finish and will literally dump your clothes on the sorting table and take your machine! I saw quite a few arguments over this...

The looks you get when you come back to your machine when it is 90% done and someone is hovering waiting for it... I usually promised them they could have it in 40 minutes when my next one was done and then made sure THEY got it then.. some people get VERY heated over this stuff... Interestingly it was always the same faces each day and towards the end most people got comfortable with the limitations of 4 washers & dryers per room (so 8 in total) - which when you think about it is pretty limited for 1,300 people !!!

Don't forget to take a decent amount of your regular washing powder as the cheap stuff they sell was pretty ordinary! You might have a skin reaction to their stuff (we didn't but it could happen).

From about 8:30 on, most machines are running flat out all day, best to get in early or wait someone out on their machine - ask first though, don't presume a machine 90% through it's cycle will be free when it ends. We also had 1 machine either washer or dryer broken down in both rooms so only 6 working washer and dryer combinations.

The laundry bags for $25 are good if you only have a reasonable amount of laundry, we had heaps and would have gone through 2 bags a day which would get a bit pricey.

Be smart and get in early, that way the day is free to enjoy the ship or ports and don't waste time in the Laundry.. I can remember popping down to the laundry and seeing people standing there waiting the 40 mins for their wash or waiting for the dryer to finish... get a life peoples - haha

Enjoy your cruise!!! :)

Don't forget that there is no laundry facilities on the Star. We have decided that we are not washing on the cruise anymore anyway. We don't want to waste any time sitting in a hot laundry!!

My hint to those who don't want to wash is get some Febreeze. It helps take out the smokey smell out of your clothes and stops the cabin smelling like an ash tray!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Hi All

I emailed P & O and the reply is:

In regards to your query of laundry services offered onboard, please refer to the below information for further details:

Pacific Sun

There are 2 self service laundries onboard Pacific Sun for the convenience of passengers. These are located on Main Deck 5 Aft (adjoining to M128 and M135) and Upper Deck 6 Midship (adjacent to U78). The washing machines and dryers are about $1.00 each per load and sachets of laundry detergent are available at about $1.00 per sachet. Free laundry is not available for any age group.

Rach

This answers my question about whether kids laundry was still done for free - as it was on last cruise we took young ones. :mad:

Archived