Anyone Coral World in St. THomas?

soohoo

We are looking at a Coral World trip in St. THomas which will consist of several things to do there including Sea Trekkin, Parasailing, Snorkeling, Stingray and Turtle pool etc. The cost is $52 for a family of 4 (not bad) plus activities such as Sea Trekkin / Parasailing.

Anyone experienced this park? I don't think it is on the shore excursion list and have searched the internet for things to do. I think based upon the boards I've read, I'll wait and do the shopping in St. Maartin.

Thanks for your help.

Stacy

Did this in December on the Destiny. We loved the Sea Trek! Only wish we had more time in Coki World. The took the first bunch to Sea Trek and we walked around and looked at everything but after we were done with ST we didn't have much time. You are responsible for your own trasnsportation back if you stay later. We should have checked on price to get back but we didn't. We did book it through the ship but you can go to http://www.cokidive.com/cruise_pax.htm

Becky

soohoo..definitely do Coral World. I have been to St.Thomas several times now and back in March went to Coral World for the first time. My family and I enjoyed it very much. Our cruise line (HAL) did offer it as a shore tour however, we chose to do this on our own and it was much cheaper that way. Plus we enjoyed a nice abbreviated tour by our cabbie who even stopped at a couple places for us to have some photo ops!! the admission is $18 for an adult but you can go to their website http://www.coralworldvi.com click on park info and at the bottom of that page there is a $3 off coupon for adults. We did this and it was honored!! all the prices are listed as well as all park info and other pricing as well. the seatrekkin is $50 in addition to the park costs. sorry cant advise on that as we didnt do it. The aquariums are really nice we watched a feeding in one that was awesome and after touring on our own the grounds we walked next door to Coki Beach. Very nice area to relax and take your time enjoying some sun. There they offer snorkeling (didnt do) and chairs for rental but overall it was a very nice beach to enjoy some time on. We were able to take our time and not feel as if we were being hurded like cattle from place to place. getting a cab back was not hard to do from there either.

Dont forget to check out the website. I hope you decide to go there and enjoy!!

Thanks for the info about coral world. Was thinking of going there, but didn't know how interesting. How long did it take you to go through it? What is that thing you were talking about that cost $50?:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. I saw online that a family of 4 = $52.00, not bad! I would like to sea trek and my son is saying he would like to try parasailing. I think we will do this on our own. Now to decide between America's Cup or Rhino Riders in St. Martin?

We spent about three hours at Coral World (didn't do Sea Trekking or any other extra activities), had lunch at their snack bar, and walked over to Coki Beach for a couple of hours.

We had the cab driver drop us off kind of up the hill in Charlotte Amalie, and had time to do a self-guided walking tour.

we paid $7pp-that of course was one way! but it still wasn't bad. We spent less than 2 hours browsing around Coral World grounds ourselves-didnt do any of the extras there. Then headed next door to Coki Beach, rented a chair and chilled for a couple hours. nice relaxing day and much much cheaper than booking something from the ship

You should be able to get a taxi for $15 each way. That's total and not per person. We had a great time at Coral World. The highlight for me was hand feeding the sting rays! Check the schedule for feeding times.

Plan to go swimming, or snorkeling, on the beach. Coral World also has change rooms, showers and lockers for rent. For $3 you get a good sized locker to store your clothes and valuables while at the beach. Your Coral World admission gives you in and out privileges.

Archived