Cooking School

NinaCO

I'll be in New Orleans for two days prior to the cruise. I'm thinking of attending a cooking school for a few hours on Saturday. The one I'm most interested in is the New Orleans School of Cooking at the Louisiana General Store. Anyone have feedback on it? From the description on their web site, it sounds like fun.

I know there's a place at Riverwalk that has cooking classes too. But, it doesn't look like it would be as much fun.

Nina, you'll LOVE it! The one you're thinking about is the best one, I think. It's hands-on, and then you get to eat the meal! I believe it's about two hours? Haven't been in a long time, but a fun time will be had, I ga-ron-teeeeeee! The General Store is a really cute place, too. You'll find 'way too many cajun specialties that you'll want to take home with you.:)

Thanks, Cotton! The school has a 2 hour class & a 3 hours class. I'm signing up for the 3 hour class because it's earlier in the day, and I want to be plenty hungry for dinner at Malute's Saturday night. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the two hour classes were not hands on. I had looked into this for hubby for our visit in Sept. Take a look at the wording on the site it appears that they classes are a demo with "generous sampling", you have to call for a different schedule for a hands-on class.

There have been so many cooking schools over the years, and quite awhile since I attended one - I may have them mixed up. :o Some are hands-on, some not. (I've attended probably a dozen in the past 20 yrs.) They've all been fun experiences.

The New Orleans School of Cooking (at the Louisiana General Store) has demonstration classes too. They've got hand-on classes available, but only by special arrangement. I'm sure I'll have fun just watching and sampling.

Archived