Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Shan9700,

ROFL re: "bath water girl"

:)

Donna.

That's so funny. I am such a bath water girl. I have about a Zero pain tolerance and cool water pains me.:confused:

I am wondering about something??? Have any of you ever joined a roll call for your ship on the "regular boards" lol, and had any kind of negative reaction to it?

PA

I am wondering about something??? Have any of you ever joined a roll call for your ship on the "regular boards" lol, and had any kind of negative reaction to it?

PA

We have joined the roll calls on 2 of our 4 cruises and we are currently on the roll call for our June, 2007 cruise.

We haven't encountered any negative reaction. Our first names are usually displayed in our posts and we often refer to each other as "life partners".

On our last cruise's roll call, we formed a friendship with a few of the other cruisers. We are set to sail with some from our Dec, 2006 cruise friends on our Dec, 2007 cruise. We are always respectful of others' relationships (straight, gay, whatever) and we expect (and receive!) the same in return.

Donna.

We are on the roll call for our Transatlantic in April and haven't had any negative reaction at all, kind of the opposite. Everyone is very friendly. Actually, the only reason I mentioned "partner" was because there are a few male couples who were also greeted quite warmly.

I had mentioned that I was going to upgrade to a balcony as a surprise for my partner and I had many responses saying what a great idea that was and how a bottle of champagne would be a romantic touch, etc.

So definitely not a problem with us.

paddy Anne,

On our last cruise we join roll call and we met up only for a few minutes. The roll call was right be before the not so newly wed game and we didn't want to miss it. So we stopped by roll call and the there was only one couple there. For a month of chatting with her and calling Missy my partner she still thought we we're friends. So when we all got back she posted that only two people stop by the roll call...one being a young lady and her friend...lol But we still had a nice time chatting with everyone before the cruise.

But we have always been treated well by everyone on cruises. Once we we're place at a table four other women. The other couple were lesbians and the other girls were co-workers. Everyone got along great and dinner conversation was excellent.

paddy Anne, now if we ever cruise together and the water is cold you and Missy can chat on shore. Since your a bath water girl too.

Shan9700:D

What is the Cabo sail? I haven't heard of that one yet (but I'm just starting my research). I've already planned on Vallarta Adventures for the zip line. Our cruise is skipping Ixtapa and going to Mazatlan instead. Any advice for that port? Mazatlan Frank looks good, but he requires 6 people minimum and there's only going to be 3 of us. My mom just can't pass up a cruise to anywhere :rolleyes:.

Frchteaze....We booked the sail/snorkle thru NCL in Cabo, but I'm sure your line will have something similiar. After all, a good day sailing is better than almost anything.

paddy Anne, now if we ever cruise together and the water is cold you and Missy can chat on shore. Since your a bath water girl too.

Shan9700:D

Sounds like a plan. My partner, Mary, isn't fond of the water so we can all sip fru fru drinks on the beach and watch out for you.

Keep me posted if you find a good deal for September.

cheers,

PA

I'm told that the Carribean waters are much warmer & clearer than what you'll find on the Mexican Riveria. That said, you'll be fine but Missy not so. lol We're not big on the snorkle (like the sail part best) but others that we've met have told us that Cabo has the better water for clear/fish/etc. We enjoy the Cabo beachs better than most others, but thats not to say there aren't nice beachs in your other stops.

OCLadies,

Hey there Missy and I have always wondered about the Mexican Riveria cruises. We have only cruised the caribbean and love it. Is the water on the mexican coast as clear and warm as the caribbean?? We love to hangout on the beach and relax. I like to snorkle and Missy likes to wade in the water. Only if the water is warm though. She's kinda like a bath water girl...if it not warm...she won't go in.

So any tips on the Mexican Riveria would be greatly appericated.

Also to all of our new Texas friends.....how is cruising out of Galveston?? I've seen some good cruise deals but wasn't sure about flying through IAH or HOU airport and getting to the cruise terminal. We usually cruise out of Miami, Tampa or Fort Lauderdale since it's so easy to get to the cruise terminal.

Thanks guys,

Shan9700:)

Shan9700.....why don't you join my friends and me on Olviia's Mexian Riviera cruise October 2007?

Gator83,

I would love to but we're trying to plan a cruise Aug/Sept 07 and then Jan/Feb 08. We usually take a family cruise and a couples cruise so I probabally won't be able to plan an Oct. cruise unless I hit the powerball! WoooHooo and then we'll all go! But as soon as we set dates you love to have anyone come along with us.

Diane and Lori,

Have you ever considered the Circle Hawaii cruise out of LA on Princess? We're considering going back next year in Feb or Mar. Different ship (Diamond), we sailed this year on the Island. Diamond is bigger with more anytime dining room options.

Gator83,

I would love to but we're trying to plan a cruise Aug/Sept 07 and then Jan/Feb 08.

What are you looking at for Jan/Feb 08. We are booked on the Miracle and it looks great. 8 days...love that extra day!:)

PA

paddy Anne,

That cruise is our family cruise and Missy is going to try and get her bother's family and Aunt and Uncle to join us. My folks might also go too. So Missy is trying to figure out when everyone is available. What is the date of your cruise and what is the itenerary??. Hey you never know we maybe able to work something out. We haven't been on the Miracle yet either.

I think our familys would hit it off.

Hi paddyAnne,

I started a Roll Call on the "regular boards" for our last cruise and never had any negative comments. We met some really nice folks. I also did a "Live Post" throughout the cruise and had lots of people asking questions prior to their own cruises. No one ever seems to mind that we're a lesbian couple. I don't actually come out and say we're lesbians (I don't think it's necessary), but I discuss us as partners and treat my comments, questions and answers from that point of view. I think cruisers generally care more about cruising than they do about personal/sexual preferences.

Forgot one funny story on this subject. One of the straight couple we met throught the Roll Call Boards joined us for lunch ashore one day and then came to our cabin to have drinks on the balcony. The DW told me that she had read one post I had sent to a gay gentleman on our cruise regarding FOD meetings. She said she asked her DH:"are we Friends of Dorothy" (she didn't have a clue what that was)? Her DH replied "No dear, but we're friend of friends of Dorothy!" Enough said. They're a great couple from Sacramento.

;) Hi All,I too am very glad that i found this thread... i enjoy hearing about all the cruises everyone has gone on. Well i have 17 more days till i cruise into the sunset.LOL We are getting so excited and can't wait to feel the warmth and to see the beautiful waters.This will be very interesting to see tho.... I've been on cruises before but my girl has'nt.This is her first on any type of boat or ship.I even picked up the dramamine for her just in case.I know that we will have a blast!!:D

We are sailing on Royal caribbean's Navigator.April 7-14th

paddy Anne,

What is the date of your cruise and what is the itenerary??. Hey you never know we maybe able to work something out. We haven't been on the Miracle yet either.

I think our familys would hit it off.

We are sailing Jan 5, 8 night, San Jaun, Nassua, St, Thomas, Tortula, and Antigua. Not in that order..

We have 7 so far and might have 4 more.

cheers

paddy Anne,

I'll tell Missy and see what see says. But I got to tell you I saw the Triumph does a 7 day and goes out of Miami to Half moon cay, St Thomas, San Jaun, Grand Turk. Now that is a cruise that I would want to cruise on. We've sailed on the Triumph twice and had a blast.

Chat with soon

Have any of you ladies done a South America cruise? We are seriously looking into one and would like to hear any info that anyone has. My partner wants to see penguins, so I have to take her to see her penguins!

candies, I am sure you will have a great time, and barring really rough seas, i'm sure your g/f will be fine on the ship. You'll be having too much fun to think about getting seasick!!

mithryl, love the "friends of friends" story. Too cute!

Blondy, my in-laws are taking a LONG (I think 2 months?) South America cruise on HAL next year. So I don't have any information now, but if you wait until 2008...nah, you should probably ask someone else :)

Hello Ladies-

My partner and I, I'm 38 and she's 48, went on our first cruise last year. It was an Olivia Cruise to Tahiti and we had a great time BUT we did book all our excusions separate instead of with the girls and explored on our own with the Natives instead of with the girls. We are getting ready to do our second Olivia cruise here in a couple of weeks. Yes, as everyone else who has cruised with Olivia has said, it is a great experience but I do not think it is worth the price. Why do I keep doing it....bottom line, they come to me with great itineraries. Takes a lot of the effort of planning out of it. I think we're going to try our first hetero cruise in October, but it's with the softball girls, so I'm not sure that's really considered hetero cruising. Has anyone had any problems with snide comments or passenger outright anti-gayness on the Regent, Seaborn, Silversea, etc.??

Thanks!

RKW

Has anyone had any problems with snide comments or passenger outright anti-gayness on the Regent, Seaborn, Silversea, etc.??

Thanks!

RKW

We have cruised on Carnival, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean. We have never encountered any negative comments. As a matter of fact, at our last cruise's Meet and Mingle party, everyone was EXTRA nice.

We had been on a Roll Call on this board before the cruise so most people at the party knew that we are a couple and not JUST two nice, single women. (hehe)

Having said all of that, my partner and I aren't "in your face" kind of women but we do occasionally hold hands up on deck. Also, it's a safe bet that my arm is going to be around her while watching some of the ship's fine entertainment during the shows. We are still very much in love and we make no effort to hide that. In public, we act just like most 40-something-year-old hetero couples act.

I really think the tide is turning in how gay/lesbian couples are perceived in our culture. Of course there will always be those who feel it necessary to ridicule gays....just as there are people who ridicule people of other races, handicapped people, etc.

But for the most part, I think people almost feel compelled to like gay/lesbian couples. It's almost as if they are thinking to themselves, "Hey, I'm progressive and cool so therefore, I need to LIKE gays and lesbians!"

Sorry for getting off on a tangent...

Donna.

Hello Ladies-

My partner and I, I'm 38 and she's 48, went on our first cruise last year. It was an Olivia Cruise to Tahiti and we had a great time BUT we did book all our excusions separate instead of with the girls and explored on our own with the Natives instead of with the girls. We are getting ready to do our second Olivia cruise here in a couple of weeks. Yes, as everyone else who has cruised with Olivia has said, it is a great experience but I do not think it is worth the price. Why do I keep doing it....bottom line, they come to me with great itineraries. Takes a lot of the effort of planning out of it. I think we're going to try our first hetero cruise in October, but it's with the softball girls, so I'm not sure that's really considered hetero cruising. Has anyone had any problems with snide comments or passenger outright anti-gayness on the Regent, Seaborn, Silversea, etc.??

Thanks!

RKW

All three of those are extremely high-class luxury lines. My in-laws have sailed on Regent (when it was Radisson) and they had a wonderful experience. I would be absolutely shocked if anybody on those three was homophobic. The mass market lines, like Carnival, RCI, etc. would be much more likely to have negative-minded passengers. The higher-end mass market, like HAL, Celebrity, and Princess are less likely to have that kind of thing but it's still possible, particularly if somebody gets too drunk. But trust me, Regent, Seabourn, and Silversea are going to be GREAT in that regard. If you can afford them, by all means go, because they are a really fabulous experience and I can't imagine anyone saying a single anti-gay comment on those lines. They are very classy lines, and they attract very classy passengers.