Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

This has been a fabulous cruise so far. Service is great, ports are fun, weather has been beautiful and seas smooth. It's definitely an older crowd, but there's a decent mixture of ages and plenty of things offered that would be of interested to most everyone. Tomorrow is our last port (Maui) before we start sailing for home.:)

Mithryl--Thanks for the wonderful posts--the helicopter flight sounds terrific (we mssed the lava flows on our cruise--they sailed around the north side, the turkeys!). Have a relaxing trip back--tell us more about your ukelel lessons!

Hi, I will be taking my 3rd cruise in 32 days but this will be my girlfriend's very first cruise.She is excited but nervous at the same time.LOL We will be going to the Eastern Caribean.We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girls Rule!!;)

Bought a Ukelele in Honolulu and had another lesson today. It's very fun, only four strings, so it's easier than guitars, etc. More lessons over the next few days as we sail for home.

Whales yesterday in Maui were awesome. I've nevr seen so many in one place and being so active. It was really a treat. I'm starting to look inot the Diamond Princess and potentially repeat this cruise next year. (The Diamond will take this route over next year and the Island Princess will be doing the Panama Canal. (we'll consider that as well).

People have been great. Our tablemates are a straight couple from England with no Homophobic issues at all. Very interesting dinner conversations about travel, our separate countries, investing, etc.

We also met a few straight "cruisecritic couples" on our sailing. Had lunch one day with a couple from Sacremento that have been very easy to talk to. Our cabin steward has been excellent.

Anxious to hear about everyone elses travels. We may add your upcoming trips to our choices for next year.

Hello all,

Glad to have found this thread..My girlfriend and I were on Carnival Valor in January and had a wonderful time. We are scheduled on a family cruise on April 1st, the Conquest from Galveston. Also my partners Mom wants to take a cruise from New York so looking at the Miracle for June..

We both love cruising and maybe next year will try another line. Love the hawaii cruise posts. We were there last year on a land vacation and love it..

Mel n Melissa

Welcome to all the new posts. As far as I can tell we have about 38 couples now that are comminucating on this thread. If we all planned a cruise at the same time on the same cruiseline in the future, we could practically take over the ship!

Maybe we should do a poll of future destinations (say for 2009 since most of us already have plans into 2008) to see if we could get a Lesbian Cruisecritics group together. With this many couples, we could have some great special parties, etc. What a photo op!

Miss Jevious,

It's great to accummulate status on one cruiseline (extra perks, etc.), but don't be afraid to branch out if you see a cruise on another cruiseline that is the right destination for the right price. As you can tell from reading this thread, most of us are happy sailers with many different (and multiple)cruiselines.

mithryl, I think a cruise together is a fantastic idea! We would definitely love that. We are not real keen on going to the Caribbean, but would certainly go anywhere, a cruise is a cruise and they are all good! Glad you are having a great time in Hawaii! That is definitely on our list of places to go. I am anxious to hear more about your helicopter ride. We were supposed to take one in Alaska, but the weather in Juneau was not very cooperative.

Candies, I am anxious to hear how you like the navigator, make sure to give us a report when you get back.

Welcome to the thread MnM and Sheri, glad to have you. Helen not sure if I said welcome to you yet but if I did, you get another one.

I think a 2009 cruise with all the diversity we would have is a fantastic idea! I'm sure that every couple will find other couples that will become land as well as cruising friends. I wouild like to find other lesbian couples to travel by RV with as well as cruise with.

Winnie and Connie

I like this idea!!!! We are always ready to cruise the Caribbean....but the Mexican Riveria sounds good too!.....and Alaska.....and the Mediterrranean....and Hawaii.....and...and.... the list is endless. I think we just love to cruise and cruising with a group of us would be great!!

Thanks Lis! I really want to do the formal thing, and she doesnt do girly so she's nervous about wearing a more masculine suit. I dont really think people would be rude to us, she just gets embarassed really easy and I would hate to put her in that position. However, we're not letting any of this ruin or rule our vacation.

I'm really late in replying to this, but I hope you're still out there!

Don't avoid the main dining room, and don't skip formal night. My partner is butch, and we were concerned about that on our first cruise, too. There is no way she was putting on a dress (she'd look like she was in drag!), so for the first time we found a not-too-girly dressy pantsuit. She still felt like she was in drag, though. Since then, we quit worrying about it. Now she usually wears either a suit and tie or shirt and tie without the jacket.

Here are some links to pictures of us on a couple of formal nights:

http://www.thewebsister.com/cruise20044.htm

http://www.thewebsister.com/cruise2.htm

I hope that helps set your mind at ease.

We would definitely be interested in joining you on a cruise depending on the itinerary.

We've been cruising with Olivia for sometime, and although we love it, a more reasonably priced cruise would be great as long as we know there are some family aboard. Our experience with regular cruises in the past has been that we seemed to be the only "girls" on board!!!

Hi!

We are traveling on the Carnival Glory, leaving March 3rd. Are there any other lesbians with kids going on this cruise? I would really love to meet other couples to hang out with :) Neither of us are drinkers and I know the Carnival line is supposedly the "Party Boat" cruise ship line....so I'm kind of worried about that...

By now you're probably already back and I don't need to tell you this, but most of those "party boat" comments you hear are from people who have never actually been on a Carnival cruise. I've been on 5 so far, and I've always seen a good mix of people--even on a 4-day cruise during spring break. :)

We've had great experiences with the photography crew on this cruise. They've been very polite and accommodating. They always asked if we're just traveling together or if we're partners, that way they know how best to pose us for our pictures. We've skipped pictures the past few cruises, but decided to go for it on this one. We've been treated like any other couple and we've gotten some great pictures. (I'll scan them into my computer when we get home and share them with you.) We've even had positive comments from other passengers who watched us posing, telling us that they thought we looked great.

Just thought I'd share this in case anyone is feeling photo-shy. It's great to have some professionally taken photos.

Keep the future cruise ideas coming and we'll see what we can start putting together!

We've had great experiences with the photography crew on this cruise. They've been very polite and accommodating.

I'll concur with that. On Carnival in December we had our pictures done a zillion times and always posed as partners with no issues as did the other couples we were with.

PA

Hey Ladies,

Let me introduce my self to you all. I'm 37 and my partner is 40 and we love to cruise too. My partner is from the midwest and I was rasied in Virginia. Now we live in Indiana. I work in the airline industry and she's in the medical field. We have a 10 year old son and we have taken three family cruises and three child free cruises. We have cruised mainly with Carnival cruise line although I did take one cruise with RCL with my mother last year.

We've always had a great time on Carnival. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. Never a problem traveling as a couple and having the beds pushed together. The photogphers have always posed us as a couple and have been very nice. My partner loves to get pictures taken when were on board.

For us Carnival is a great value since they give airline employees great discounts. This allows us to cruise twice a year. My partner has always wanted to try R familys cruises with Rosie. So one day will bite the bullet and book one. She wants our son to visit with other children with two Moms or two Dads. So he has the chance to meet other kids like him. I have had friends take Olivia cruises but for us I just can't see spending the extra money on it. I'd rather spend the extra money on jewerly or resorts in ports. My partner loves to shop when were in port.

So far we have been on the Truimph twice, Liberty, Victory twice and the Sensation. We really enjoy cruising to the Eastern Carb. and fell in love with Coasta Maya. I always really enjoy Cozumel too. We really enjoy a great beach day and usually book our tours privately based on CC reviews.

Thanks for starting this thread and it would be nice to meet up with you ladies on a future cruise. I think our next cruise will be in Aug. before school starts.

Shan9700:)

Hi y'all,

Never having been on a cruise, we decided to go whole hog and booked a balcony cabin on the Radiance of the Seas. Not knowing if this is just the first in many cruises, or the last one, we figured why not be comfortable when in the cabin? We are on deck 7 at the back of the ship. Anyone have experience with cabin 7168?

Winnie

So far we have been on the Truimph twice, Liberty, Victory twice and the Sensation.

Shan9700:)

Hi Shan,

We will be on the Liberty in Jan 08. My partner and I, one straight couple, and 3 kids we share in various ways. I would love your thoughts on the Liberty.

thanks,

PA