Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Hi there gang! My wife and I (we're Canadian)are heading out on our first ever cruise tomorrow. Serenade of the Seas. We're a pretty gregarious bunch -- so we're not too worried about being out. We're expecting a baby before the year is through -- has anyone ever tried any of the "family" cruises -- ie/Disney or R Vacations. The cost looks a little prohibited for the average family....just curious.

Happy sailing, The Stayuso's

so we're not too worried about being out. We're expecting a baby before the year is through --STAYUSO

Welcome Canadian sisters. My partner and I are from Toronto. We too are pretty much out everywhere we go. Congratulation on the baby!!! I have 2 kids and take them on mainstream cruises. I understand that people like the rosie cruises but I like showing my kids it's ok to be out on any cruise. That's just me. Cruising with your kids is great anywhere.

cheers,

PA

stayuso,

welcome to the boards. I am so jealous you are going on the Serenade. She is a beautiful ship. I would sail on here again in a minute. We sailed on her in 2004 to Alaska. I am looking at the Serenade for a Southern Caribbean maybe next year. But, Jen says we should do a land based vacation to France. She has a friend from college that is living there right now that we have not seen in a long time.

Stayuso, Congratulations on the baby and on leaving for your cruise tomorrow! I am jealous on both counts!!

My partner lives in Toronto as well. We are suffering through a few more months of long distance.

frchteaze, we were on Infinity out of Vancouver in August. We really prefer the traditional dining too. We had awesome tablemates on that cruise and I think that helps. Alaska is gorgeous! It poured while we were in Juneau, the whales didn't care so neither did we! Unfortunately though, our helicopter trip to the glacier was cancelled. Just an excuse to go back! My parents are going on HAL in May, how was the weather then?

Hello everyone! My name is Sheri ... I'm 38, and have a 10-year old daughter. My partner, Noel, is 46, and we live together in SW Florida. I am originally from NJ - grew up down at the Shore, and lived in Sayreville for a few years before moving to Florida 5 years ago. Noel is originally from NY and moved to Florida when she was 8. She spent a number of years in the Tuscon, AZ area before moving back to Florida about 2 years ago. I am a certified paralegal and Noel is an independant contractor for the Army.

We are currently booked on the Caribbean Princess for a week, which sails on April 8, 2007. This will be our second cruise together. We went on the Rhpasody of the Seas out of Galveston in August for a week. I'm not sure I would do a summer caribbean cruise again .. it was just way too hot ... but I love cruising in the spring time.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone ... you won't see Noel here. She is not nearly as social as I am, but I visit the boards a lot, and will definitely be checking in. I would love to plan something where a group of us books on one of the big lines, but not a charter. I have no interest in an all gay cruise - never did ... I like diversity too much ... but a group of friends to pal around with would be nice. :-)

Take care,

Sheri

My parents are going on HAL in May, how was the weather then?

It wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad either. Us desert dwellers usually find cooler weather a vacation all in itself. ;)

I don't remember it really raining in any of the ports, but it was overcast most of the days and rained a little on sea days. Also cool, but not freezing.

Research queen that I am, I followed the advice around here to layer and leave the heavy coat at home, and I was glad I did. T-shirt and sweatshirt with jeans or sweatpants was fine in port and on the ship (even sitting outside like us smokers are known to do). A lot of people wore shorts indoors. The only day I really even used the gloves, scarf, and hat was for the glacier viewing. It was bitter cold that morning with strong winds, plus the glacier breeze.

I got a cold the 2nd day on the ship and had it the entire time, but kept trudging along, and I still wasn't too bothered by the weather. We did hit rocky seas several days. Not too rough, but my partner was glad she brough along the bonine. I saw a lot of patches behind ears at dinner time.

RV Mamas, I will be on the Jewel (sister ship of Radiance) on April 15th. We have cabin 7676, (our first aft, whoohooo). I will check out 7168 while I'm onboard and let you know. Think whoever is staying in it will mind if I knock on the door??

Let me know how the aft cabins stack up against what you've stayed in before. The occupants of 7168 will probably tell you take a swim, so maybe you better not! :D

Winnie

Yuccccc we just had about a foot and a half of snow and on top of that ice!!!! I AM SO READY FOR MY CRUISE NOW!!!!!!!!!! 21 more days till sailing time.:D This New Jersey girl is so ready for the warmth and sun and loads of fun fun fun!!;)

Ladies,

This is so nice to have such a nice thread going. I'm enjoying learning so much about your cruise choices. I'm very lucky since I work for an airline my partner and I can pretty much cruise from any port. So most of are cruises are booked last minute. Poor Missy started a new job and doesn't have much vacation. I know you can get some really great cruise prices in Sept. I know it's the start of hurricane season but I have been pretty lucky on Sept cruises.

We'd like to do an R Family cruise when our son gets a little older. He's 10 right now and likes to cruise. It would be nice for him to meet other kids like him though.

So this Sept. I'll keep an eye out for anyone wanting a short 3/4 day get away. My mother and I went on RCL Majesty of The Sea 9-11-2006 a four day for like 380.00 for the both of us for a 4a inside cabin. That was a steel. The weather was great to kinda hot but we had a blast.

Any way I'm always up for a great deal and cruising with friends.

Have a good weekend,

shan9700:)

Stayuso, Congratulations on the baby and on leaving for your cruise tomorrow! I am jealous on both counts!!

My partner lives in Toronto as well. We are suffering through a few more months of long distance.

frchteaze, we were on Infinity out of Vancouver in August. We really prefer the traditional dining too. We had awesome tablemates on that cruise and I think that helps. Alaska is gorgeous! It poured while we were in Juneau, the whales didn't care so neither did we! Unfortunately though, our helicopter trip to the glacier was cancelled. Just an excuse to go back! My parents are going on HAL in May, how was the weather then?

Hi,

I did an Alaskan cruise in May two years ago and got very lucky with the weather. We did not have rain once and it was in the 60s and even low 70s. It's too hard to judge what the weather will be which is why the experts say to be prepared for anything. Bring cold weather clothes and maybe some shorts if someone doesn't get too cold. I think it is a great time to go. Hope your parents have a good time.

Hello everyone! My name is Sheri ... I'm 38, and have a 10-year old daughter. My partner, Noel, is 46, and we live together in SW Florida. I am originally from NJ - grew up down at the Shore, and lived in Sayreville for a few years before moving to Florida 5 years ago. Noel is originally from NY and moved to Florida when she was 8. She spent a number of years in the Tuscon, AZ area before moving back to Florida about 2 years ago. I am a certified paralegal and Noel is an independant contractor for the Army.

We are currently booked on the Caribbean Princess for a week, which sails on April 8, 2007. This will be our second cruise together. We went on the Rhpasody of the Seas out of Galveston in August for a week. I'm not sure I would do a summer caribbean cruise again .. it was just way too hot ... but I love cruising in the spring time.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone ... you won't see Noel here. She is not nearly as social as I am, but I visit the boards a lot, and will definitely be checking in. I would love to plan something where a group of us books on one of the big lines, but not a charter. I have no interest in an all gay cruise - never did ... I like diversity too much ... but a group of friends to pal around with would be nice. :-)

Take care,

Sheri

Hi Sheri,

I know Sayreville, lol, also knew Sauvage . I am from Edison, yes and it is cold here and we have snow.

I also have a daughter,who is 12 .

My partner andI love to cruise. I think we are addicted.

Counting down to our April 1st cruise,just two weeks

Hope to chat soon

Mel

Have any of you ever been on an Rfamily cruise? They are awesome...a bit pricey but I think very much worth it. We have done 3 and going on our 4th this summer. If you want more info send me an email Poohbl@aol.com

Hi Pooh

as of yet we have not taken an Rfamily. We honestly have talked about it, but the timings of the cruises have not work for us. So hopefully one day!!!

Mel n Mel

Have any of you ever been on an Rfamily cruise? They are awesome...a bit pricey but I think very much worth it. We have done 3 and going on our 4th this summer. If you want more info send me an email Poohbl@aol.com

Are you going on the one to Mexico?

I wanted to do the Bermuda one, but the timing wasn't good this year because of work. I know it's early to be excited, but I've been wanting to go on the Rfamily cruises since the very first one and just haven't been able to until now.

What a surprise and delight to finally find a Women's thread going! I've not checked back here for almost a year and was thrilled to see that "we" are now represented. The "boyz" have provided lots of fun/interesting facts/suggestions and we've enjoyed hooking up with them, but now we can rely on a female point of view. Yea!!!

My partner & I (47 & 57) live in Orange County, CA and like some others here, we're not too fond of flying so our experience is limited to the Mexican Riveria & Alaska. We too have looked at Olivia but as has been said...too expensive for what you get, and our experience on main stream lines has all been positive and we don't hide who we are.

While we've cruised on RC (6), Princess (1), Carnival (4), we prefer NCL (3). Our experience shows that the crew on NCL is far more accepting of our lifestyle (lots of them are too), added to the NCL anytime dining and casual attire we're hooked on NCL!!

If you're headed to the Mexican Riveria try the Zip Lines in Puerto Vallarta. Vallarta Adventures is not a cruise line excursion but by far the best zip line out there and you can book it online. Other excursion suggestions are: Cabo - Snorkel/Sail to Santa Maria Cove; Ixtapia - Swim with the Dolphins. We do the Cabo sail each time we're there and love it!!!

If you can afford it, by all means get a Balcony Cabin or higher level on the longer cruises. We love just lounging on the balcony watching the World go by (not to mention the sea turtles, dolphins, whales, etc). And there's nothing like having the sound of the open sea lull you to sleep at night. Pure R & R.

Another tip is if you're interested in the SPA go there BEFORE you go to your cabin, eat or explore the ship once you've boarded. All the good time's fill up fast so unless you want to get stuck with very early/late appointments run to the SPA once onboard.

And don't be afarid to ask your Steward for anything. Don't like your pillow? Ask for a "feather" pillow. They're there to help you and make your trip delightful.

We're planning another trip this summer but haven't confirmed anything yet. Carnival is starting a 4 day San Diego to Cabo & back and that look interesting. I'll post when/where once we confirm and perhaps some of you'll be joining us.

Diane & Lori

While we've cruised on RC (6), Princess (1), Carnival (4), we prefer NCL (3). Our experience shows that the crew on NCL is far more accepting of our lifestyle (lots of them are too), added to the NCL anytime dining and casual attire we're hooked on NCL!!

Welcome to the thread! :)

I'm glad to hear this about NCL, my wife and I will be going on NCL with my mom in a couple of months. I am actually a fan of traditional dining and I like the formal nights, but I'm looking forward to a different kind of experience. :)

Welcome to the new people.

We've actually been booked on NCL twice and changed to a different line both times. We love the traditional dining and are afraid to venture out of our comfort zone. Although the anytime dining options are intriguiging!

Gator and frchteaze, thanks for the info on May in Alaska, my mother will be thrilled to hear she may not freeze to death!!

If you're headed to the Mexican Riveria try the Zip Lines in Puerto Vallarta. Vallarta Adventures is not a cruise line excursion but by far the best zip line out there and you can book it online. Other excursion suggestions are: Cabo - Snorkel/Sail to Santa Maria Cove; Ixtapia - Swim with the Dolphins. We do the Cabo sail each time we're there and love it!!!

Diane & Lori

What is the Cabo sail? I haven't heard of that one yet (but I'm just starting my research). I've already planned on Vallarta Adventures for the zip line. Our cruise is skipping Ixtapa and going to Mazatlan instead. Any advice for that port? Mazatlan Frank looks good, but he requires 6 people minimum and there's only going to be 3 of us. My mom just can't pass up a cruise to anywhere :rolleyes:.

I too am very glad to find this thread! My partner and I (43 & 38) have been together 4 years and have been on 4 cruises. We go again in June and in December. Yes we are addicted. We have never done an all lesbian cruise although we are interested we would just rather take 2 or 3 for the price of one.

We do not hide who we are and we have never experienced a problem or uncomfortable moment on any of our cruises.

We have only cruised out of Texas so far. Any other Texans out there? Any other divers? We live in Austin.

It would be great to get a group of us together some time.

Annette and Donna

Hi Texas Divers,

We live in San Antonio- right down the road! My partner loves to snorkel and I love to watch.... We went on the Conquest last November and would do that cruise again.

Postal when in September are you all going?

OCLadies,

Hey there Missy and I have always wondered about the Mexican Riveria cruises. We have only cruised the caribbean and love it. Is the water on the mexican coast as clear and warm as the caribbean?? We love to hangout on the beach and relax. I like to snorkle and Missy likes to wade in the water. Only if the water is warm though. She's kinda like a bath water girl...if it not warm...she won't go in.

So any tips on the Mexican Riveria would be greatly appericated.

Also to all of our new Texas friends.....how is cruising out of Galveston?? I've seen some good cruise deals but wasn't sure about flying through IAH or HOU airport and getting to the cruise terminal. We usually cruise out of Miami, Tampa or Fort Lauderdale since it's so easy to get to the cruise terminal.

Thanks guys,

Shan9700:)