funny Capt Dinner, kind of

19snapshot

We sailed the Elation last week. Our table was next to the Captain's in the dining room. 3/4 of the way through dinner a very "happy" passenger in an orange shirt approached the catain's table. His shirt was nearly open to the waist and he was pumping his fist in the air and yelling, "Woooooo, Woooooo!" He put his tie on one officer's head and loudly aksed, "What do you do?" Then patted the officer on the head and shouted, "Engineering! Woooooo! You are doing a GREAT job! I love you, man! Woooooooo!" He worked his way around the entire table doing this to each officer, except for the tie. He left that with the first one. The wait staff tired to serve around him, but eventually disappeared. The Capt looked really ticked off and the Maitre D' literally stepped around the open shirt, fist pumping, obviously "overserved" loudly appreciative passenger. After about ten minutes, I am not kidding on this, a small female crew member approached the table, retrieved the tie, handed it back to the passenger and told him to return to his table. He did, for a little while. Then he went to the entrance of the dining room and loudly greeted us all as we left. "Wooooooo! We are having a great time, aren't we!?! Wooooo!" Later we saw him in the atrium trying to get the people waiting to see the Grand Gala Buffet to do the wave, with considerable success. Before the late night "R" rated comic came to the stage, orange shirt ran up on stage and worked the crowd into the wave again. Emboldened by his success, he began to strip:eek: . He was removed from the stage by crew members. He took his seat in the third row with hiw wife (yes, he was married). The comic came out and gave him a beating. Then went after the wife for being with him. We did not hear another peep from him on that night or any other. Many passengers were engaging in "Where's orange shirt?" discussion. He became the Big Foot of the journey. Everyone knew someone who had seen him, but no one saw him themselves. I wonder what happened to him?

Maybe it was Ronny Woo Woo. There's this guy from Chicago that goes to the Cubs games all the time and behaves like that. They call him Ronny Woo Woo because loud and says stuff like, "Cubs, WOO, Cubs WOO!" I don't know much about him but maybe another Cubs fan from Chicago here does.

Maybe it was Ronny Woo Woo. There's this guy from Chicago that goes to the Cubs games all the time and behaves like that. They call him Ronny Woo Woo because loud and says stuff like, "Cubs, WOO, Cubs WOO!" I don't know much about him but maybe another Cubs fan from Chicago here does.

You, my friend, are brilliant. We live in Chicago, are familiar with the Ronny Woo Woo thing and never made the connection. Sadly, this guy didn't look a thing like him. However, the similarity in behavior is astouding.

You, my friend, are brilliant. We live in Chicago, are familiar with the Ronny Woo Woo thing and never made the connection. Sadly, this guy didn't look a thing like him. However, the similarity in behavior is astouding.

Gee, thanks, nobody's ever called me brilliant before. Wouldn't that have been funny if it really had been him. If it had been, it's unlikely that he would have stopped. You would have had to listen to it all week.:rolleyes:

Gee, thanks, nobody's ever called me brilliant before. Wouldn't that have been funny if it really had been him. If it had been, it's unlikely that he would have stopped. You would have had to listen to it all week.:rolleyes:

It would have definately been funny if it had been Ronny Woo Woo. I really do wonder if they put orange shirt off the ship. One of our table mates talked about a different line putting a couple off the ship at the next port after they got into a fight in a public area and threw things at each other. As much of a nuisance as this guy was, I would hate to think of anyone being put off the ship to find his own way home.

A real classy guy....LOL:eek: Hopefully I won't run into anyone like him on my cruise.

I would guess Mr. Orange Shirt is a one of a kind man, but if you do run across someone like him, I would love to read about it after your next cruise.

As long as,

A.) The guy wasn't with me and I didn't know him

B.) It was just a one night thing

C.) He didn't hold up any lines or inconveinence me in any way or

D.) He didn't hurt anyone or throw up anywhere in public

I'd think of it as a funny story to tell (and a bonus if I would have gotten a picture of the idiot so we oculd laugh at him at home while telling the story)

We had a jerk like that on our Glory cruise last March. He wore a different wig everyday and usually had a boom box attached to his shoulder. Loud and very obnoxious! In Key West, he just about knocked my 80 year old father over.

Orange shirt had his one night of crazy and then disappeared. He was obnoxious, but I don't think he actually got in anyone's way from what I saw. It was kind of amusing, but it was only one night. I can't imagine if it had continued for the whole cruise. Just about knocking your 80 year old father over would have put me over the edge. :mad:

I've been outed. I have entered a rehab facility. If I have offended anyone I am truly sorry.

Orange shirt guy had dirty blond spiky hair, a scruffy goatee and was short in stature. I see from your pic that my "orange shirt guy" is not you. Or is it now a club, like the "Red Hats"? Instead of "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple with a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me." it is, "When I go to formal occasions I shall wear an unbuttoned orange shirt, drink beyond my capacity and make an a** out of myself." I think this could catch on. Let me know what your rehab buddies think. We could make a fortune in merchandising.:D

Reminds me of the really old/overly tanned/leathery/skinny hippie dude we met on the Dream.

Always reeked of alcohol. Tried to strike up strange conversations with anyone who got near. Wandered about in a little speedo.

Finally asked the crew to do something with him when at a late breakfast in the buffett he kept wrapping and rewrapping his towel around his waist while he was sitting/standing and revealed he wasn't wearing a stitch!!:eek:

He was just a couple of tables away in full view of me and the kids! I was shocked and then I was ticked off. Up till then I'd tried to at least be polite (and give him the benefit of the doubt) when he'd tried to drunkenly say something to me on a couple of other occaisions. Then when I figured out he was just a stoned old drunken hippie pervert my patience wore off.

I Actualy Thought It Was Pretty Good Humor.if You Dont Like Drunk People You Probaly Dont Want To Cruise.mainly All You Do Is Eat Drink And Sleepand The Eat Part I Would Of Rather Drank.(poor Food Quality). Plus If The Majority Didnt Like It They Shouldnt Of Cheered Him On. It Was Actually Some Of The Better Entertainment We Had. Go Orange Shirt

I Actualy Thought It Was Pretty Good Humor.if You Dont Like Drunk People You Probaly Dont Want To Cruise.mainly All You Do Is Eat Drink And Sleepand The Eat Part I Would Of Rather Drank.(poor Food Quality). Plus If The Majority Didnt Like It They Shouldnt Of Cheered Him On. It Was Actually Some Of The Better Entertainment We Had. Go Orange Shirt

No way! Were you on the same sailing, in the same dining room, in the vicinity of the Capt's table?

I think orange shirt was sort of funny, certainly friendly and harmless. One person finally asked him to sit down and he did. He wasn't combative and did what was requested of him. The situation could have easily been contained earlier by the Maitre'D.

Did you see orange shirt after that night? I would hate to think that he ticked off the wrong people, namely the Capt and his officers, and got put off the ship in Grand Turk.

Archived