Can you double dip on the shipboard credit?

Coolmama_1

We have a cruise in Novermber with $200 on board booking credit, $100 TA booking Credit, $100 in referral credits and all our referrals got share the wealth coupon credits, booking credits and referral credits too.

They are practically paying us, since we booked lowest inside and then self upgraded to ouside on a promotion. So we are triple dipping plus!

We have a cruise in Novermber with $200 on board booking credit, $100 TA booking Credit, $100 in referral credits and all our referrals got share the wealth coupon credits, booking credits and referral credits too.

They are practically paying us, since we booked lowest inside and then self upgraded to ouside on a promotion. So we are triple dipping plus!

Steve.. You wanna do my next booking for me? :D :D

All in the wrist folks, all in the wrist.

I have helped a few with bookings, all it involves is following sage advice seen here daily.

1. Book future cruise while aboard... no brainer.

2. Ask your TA about group space, make that a factor in choosing date.

3. Bring friends and family, they will love you for it.

4. Keep an eye on prices and self upgrade when the chance presents.

5. Get there early, we get 4-5 hours more cruise than those who get there just before sailing.

Okay, I give--what's a self-upgrade and how is it done? Steve, you ARE a wealth of information. Are you a TA? I always think I have a good TA, but you guys are unbelievable!!

No not a TA, I am just a passionate cruiser who often knows more than my TA about my cruise or ship or line, nothing anyone with too much time on their hands can't gather.

I had an active thread on the self upgrade just a couple of weeks ago. It describes the process and many others chimed in, basically you watch for a price drop, use the money you paid and buy a better cabin instead of relying on your TA to watch or Princess to offer.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=52445

As mentioned before, after reading some posts here regarding price drops I called my TA, saved $400 on each ticket. She didn't know about it at that time. We used about 1/2 of each savings to upgrade to a balcony, ( didn't plan on that when we originally booked, but so happy!!!) and saved the rest. Now I can do an extra tour or two, win, win, win. Thanks to those posters.

You can actually triple dip...book on board open booking get $100.00 per person credit, pay for final on Amex Platinum Card and receive two category uipgarde or $150.00 per person on board credit and get on board ship credit of $50.00 per person from TA ...that's what I did for my Tahitian Princess upcomming cruise and my total price for CAT AC mini-suite comes out less than the lowest priced inside cabin.....:cool: :eek: :cool:

Take advantage of it while you can. Since Princess is owned by CCL it could change. On Hal you could combine the credits at one time. This is no longer the case. :mad: If you use the CCL stock credit it voids out all others. They have gotten real picky about credits.

Doubt it will change anytime soon as the AMEX promo has just been renewed until Dec 31, 2005 and the on-board booking program has been running for years...As a CCL shareholder, the reason they pulled it with HAL is HAL is a different market place and demographic than a typical Princess pax...no reason to allow multiple credits on HAL anymore as they are more of a premium line.:cool: :eek: :cool:

Actually you can quadruple dip if your a CCL shareholder you get $100.00 on board ship credit for sailings under 14 days and $250.00 ship board credit for sailings over 14 days only 1 shareholder per booking.....not a lot people know about this one...but thought I would share with you all!:cool: :eek: :cool:

I am waiting to try and "self upgrade" once the price drops on our cruise in March. I was checking T..ocity every couple of days but now when I try and check it I get a generic server error. I emailed and told them and they mailed back and said I would have to call for quotes. Somehow they have me blocked. I can access it from my computer at work. This has been going on for over a month. Starting yesterday I have not been able to access the specials from "Kim's" - tells me it is a server error. Anyone else having these troubles??????

No, but in all candor Travelocity isn't a great place to rate compare as they are more or less the same price as Princess, try bestpricecruise.com or cruiseshopping.com or even cruise.com. Those will give you a better look at things.

That would be bestpricecruises.com and they are the best around for unbeatable Princess priicng...also if there website doesn't show your cruise online then speak with a TA at bespricecruises.com (I use Evelyn for the past 3 years) and they will find it for you!:cool: :eek: :cool:

Definitely you can double dip on shipboard credits.

Last year we used an onboard booking for a rather lengthy cruise. Of coarse that gave us $200 for the length and category we booked.

The cruise itself came with an addional onboard credit of $200. Now we are up to $400 for the cabin.

The cruise was cancelled because of SARS and we were offered another, longer cruise to even better ports, along with a $300 incentive added to our original $400.

$700 shipboard credit was fantastic. Especially when with the length of this cruise the regular gratuities were $500.

So it worked out well, it was like getting a better cruise, a longer cruise, to better ports and having all of our regular gratuities paid up front with enough left to pay for a couple of tours.

Gotta love all of those shipboard credits and the double dipping.

Archived