Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Can someone who has cruised in the last couple of weeks tell me what time the Conquest departs from Cozumel and what time we have to be back on the ship? I have seen 2 different times and I need to know the correct time so I can plan the Royal Dolphin Swim on my own and know how much time I will have left to get back to the ship. Thanks in advance.

Departure is 6p.m. and you must be on the ship by 5:30 p.m. It is your longest port day.

hope this helps.

Just got back sunday

had a blast

Is the ship time the same as port time at all three ports?

I beleive during Daylight Savings time, the time satsy the same (or so someone has said on here) but during the winter months, the time will change the night before you get to Jamaica and then change back to central time the night before you get to Cozumel.:confused: Sorry if I confused you, I did however check my capers...

Is the ship time the same as port time at all three ports?

I beleive during Daylight Savings time, the time satsy the same (or so someone has said on here) but during the winter months, the time will change the night before you get to Jamaica and then change back to central time the night before you get to Cozumel.:confused: Sorry if I confused you, I did however check my capers...

This is correct. During the winter (standard time) months the ship will change from central time to eastern time for Jamaica and Grand Cayman and change back to central time for Cozumel.

During the summer (daylight savings time) Jamaica and Grand Cayman don't use daylight savings time so that makes them the same as central daylight savings time.

Confusing isn't it? Just look at your Capers. :D

brcruiser, thanks for letting us know. I had just about quit going in and checking it! LOL I actually emailed the Harbor House yesterday and let them know it was down but I don't think I emailed them in time to see the Conquest leave, darn it, but I am so glad it is back up. I have never seen it at night like that all lit up. So pretty!

I guess I am pretty addicted to this cruise stuff.:o

Hello everyone!

I'm sailing on the Conquest with my boyfriend on 4 years on 10/7/07! I'm very excited! Last year I was able to get a hold of the current menu so I could decide which day I wanted to eat in the dinning room vs somewhere else like The Point. Does anyone have a current dinning room menu? I tried a search and cannot find one. If some out there has one can you please post or send me the link? Thanks so much. My email addreess is Gdsmkgrl80@aol.com.

Happy Sailing:D

Hello everyone!

I'm sailing on the Conquest with my boyfriend on 4 years on 10/7/07! I'm very excited! Last year I was able to get a hold of the current menu so I could decide which day I wanted to eat in the dinning room vs somewhere else like The Point. Does anyone have a current dinning room menu? I tried a search and cannot find one. If some out there has one can you please post or send me the link? Thanks so much. My email addreess is Gdsmkgrl80@aol.com.

Happy Sailing!

Hello,

if my question has been posted b4 .. please just list the link to it!! Don't want to be a bother..

We are cruising for the second time on the Conquest.. this time it will be out of Galveston and not NOLA. We have never been to Galveston and we are flying in from IAH.. egads. how did we do that one?

What are the least expensive ways to travel from Airport to Hotel. We are staying at the Quality Inn Seawall.. When we leave the cruise we will be going directly to the airport.. opps that makes this two questions in one.. (doesn't count I tell myself. : ))

Second question? of course.. ha!

We will be in a Mini Suite for the first time as well. Its a cat 11.. on Empress Deck. aft port side. 7317 What's it like? I have not seen any pix of it. I was hoping it would be a quiet room and lovely!! not asking too much?

Also.. We have considered the Sandals all day event.. any one attend it? was it worth the choice.??

o m goodness.. my questions are getting ahead of me.. pulling me into "BotherHood"

hehehe!

Glad you have this thead. I wish everyone a great cruise !

blue

Hey all. Leaving on the Conquest next month on the 21st. I heard a rumor that they added a miniature golf course to the Conquest. Could this be true? If so yay!!!!!

There is definatly Mini Golf......the wind is a huge factor though and good luck with hole 7.....youll see......lol

Sorry for the double post before!

Blue- I am also considering doing the Sandals all day excusrion. It looks pretty cool and I have never heard anything bad about Sandals. So if anyone has any input that would be great as well.

As for transportation from IAH- This is my second cruise on the Conquest, I cruised excately a year ago and we are going back on it with the people we met at dinner from last years cruise! Unfortunately I do not know about the transportation since I am going with Carnivals transportation system. Its a 90 min ride from IAH and it made a stop at Houston Hobby airport as well making the ride a couple of min longer. I suppose you can ask the front desk at the hotel if they have some sort of car service or taxi's that run from the hotel to the pier.

I hope I kinda helped, sorry

Hello,

if my question has been posted b4 .. please just list the link to it!! Don't want to be a bother..

We are cruising for the second time on the Conquest.. this time it will be out of Galveston and not NOLA. We have never been to Galveston and we are flying in from IAH.. egads. how did we do that one?

What are the least expensive ways to travel from Airport to Hotel. We are staying at the Quality Inn Seawall.. When we leave the cruise we will be going directly to the airport.. opps that makes this two questions in one.. (doesn't count I tell myself. : ))

Second question? of course.. ha!

We will be in a Mini Suite for the first time as well. Its a cat 11.. on Empress Deck. aft port side. 7317 What's it like? I have not seen any pix of it. I was hoping it would be a quiet room and lovely!! not asking too much?

Also.. We have considered the Sandals all day event.. any one attend it? was it worth the choice.??

o m goodness.. my questions are getting ahead of me.. pulling me into "BotherHood"

hehehe!

Glad you have this thead. I wish everyone a great cruise !

blue

It kind of depends what you are looking for. We did Sandals (9-2 cruise) and it is a nice beach, lot's of food and drink (included) in the price, adult only, games and water activities and enjoyed it.

Hi All!

We will be sailing on the Conquest in Feb. of 08. Yes, this thread will be very helpful to those who will be sailing her for the first time. We have already booked a tour with Marva Shaw with Know Jamaica.com. We have heard wonderful reviews about her tour company. She only charges 40.00 per person for a 5 hour tour and you can even customize it the way you want it. Just a tip for those who may be wondering what they want to do while in Jamaica.

Dh and I flew into HOU Hobby airport. We rented a one way car to Galveston. I got a fabulous deal and it cost us less than $20. however, they were sold out for the return, so we went with Galveston limo....which was a shuttle to the airport. they waited for us and they were a few bucks cheaper than booking through the cruise line. i booked online.

hope that helps.

Dh and I flew into HOU Hobby airport. We rented a one way car to Galveston. I got a fabulous deal and it cost us less than $20. however, they were sold out for the return, so we went with Galveston limo....which was a shuttle to the airport. they waited for us and they were a few bucks cheaper than booking through the cruise line. i booked online.

hope that helps.

I was wondrering who you rented your one way through?

Thanks!

~pugmommy

I was wondrering who you rented your one way through?

Thanks!

~pugmommy

we rented through enterprise i believe. i called their 1800 # late at night. they tried to transfer me to their one way desk....it was too late so the guy just handled it there for me. so i'm not sure if he did not know to charge for a one way fee, or if he just waived it because they were out of cars there.

Who did you get the car through? Did you book directly with the airport office, or the 800 number?

hope that helps.