Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Last time we sailed out of Galveston, Texas residents were allowed to bring back less booze than shipmates who were from other states. Is this still true?

Has anyone seen any being confiscated at the return?

Still true, but rarely enforced.

Okay, thanks for the infomation on the Galveston hotels. I went to Galveston.com and found many that offer free parking during the cruise. But I could not tell how far each was located to the pier.

Which hotels are walking distance to the pier? I don't want to mess with a taxi. My dh could drop the kids and I off with luggage, go park the car and walk back to the ship.

Okay, thanks for the infomation on the Galveston hotels. I went to Galveston.com and found many that offer free parking during the cruise. But I could not tell how far each was located to the pier.

Which hotels are walking distance to the pier? I don't want to mess with a taxi. My dh could drop the kids and I off with luggage, go park the car and walk back to the ship.

Although, if you look at Galveston.com, some of the hotels say they offer free cruise parking, and some even offer a free shuttle to the pier, while some I saw on there said they would charge a small fee ($15 or something) but it seems better than a taxi....:confused:

La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston offers transportation & parking for $10

The Commodore on the Beach offers transportation for $15 a room

Hawthorn Suites at The Victorian offers transportation & parking for $25 (2 nigh min. stay)

Holiday Inn Resort , Hotel Galvez A Wyndham Historic Hotel , San Luis Resort, The Tremont House & Moody Gardens Hotel has free cruise parking & transportation BUT of course their rooms are a little more expensive than the others and some MAY require a 2 night stay.

Of course, as stated above, the Harbor House does offer free cruise parking and you can walk to the pier. (although I believe most of the time there is a min. 2 night stay.

Hope this helps! I just clicked under where to stay and then book lodging online, and added I the requirements of free cruise parking. :rolleyes:

La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston offers transportation & parking for $10

The Commodore on the Beach offers transportation for $15 a room

Hawthorn Suites at The Victorian offers transportation & parking for $25 (2 nigh min. stay)

Holiday Inn Resort , Hotel Galvez A Wyndham Historic Hotel , San Luis Resort, The Tremont House & Moody Gardens Hotel has free cruise parking & transportation BUT of course their rooms are a little more expensive than the others and some MAY require a 2 night stay.

Of course, as stated above, the Harbor House does offer free cruise parking and you can walk to the pier. (although I believe most of the time there is a min. 2 night stay.

Hope this helps! I just clicked under where to stay and then book lodging online, and added I the requirements of free cruise parking. :rolleyes:

We have stayed at the Hilton and it did not, at least not in April 06, require a 2 night minimum and had the best shuttle service to and from the pier. They got us to the pier early (there was more than one shuttle) and as soon as we exited customs, they were waiting for us. Nice hotel and within walking distance of almost everything.

We have stayed at the Hilton and it did not, at least not in April 06, require a 2 night minimum and had the best shuttle service to and from the pier. They got us to the pier early (there was more than one shuttle) and as soon as we exited customs, they were waiting for us. Nice hotel and within walking distance of almost everything.

Thanks for telling me about this one! I don't know how I missed it..:eek: .but it looks good, and really the same price and any of the other higher end hotels....Looks very nice.....:cool:

I also just noticed the Holiday Inn Resort offers free cruise parking & transportaion as well. Alrhough, I guess I passed by these certain hotels because the prices keep getting higher and higher and I have a cruise to save for.........:eek:

Thanks for telling me about this one! I don't know how I missed it..:eek: .but it looks good, and really the same price and any of the other higher end hotels....Looks very nice.....:cool:

I also just noticed the Holiday Inn Resort offers free cruise parking & transportaion as well. Alrhough, I guess I passed by these certain hotels because the prices keep getting higher and higher and I have a cruise to save for.........:eek:

Call the Hilton in Galveston instead of the 800 number or looking on the website. They are very helpful and are good at looking for discounts you wouldn't normally think of. They also know exactly what they have available and what they are willing to do. Last April we saved $30 over the "internet special" rate by dealing with the hotel directly. It may have changed, but it's worth a call! :)

Call the Hilton in Galveston instead of the 800 number or looking on the website. They are very helpful and are good at looking for discounts you wouldn't normally think of. They also know exactly what they have available and what they are willing to do. Last April we saved $30 over the "internet special" rate by dealing with the hotel directly. It may have changed, but it's worth a call! :)

Very True, and if you call and the price is better, you can book, otherwise, if it's not you can just book online. Plus, an obsession of mine is to see how the hotel personell are on the phone. Sometimes, if they are blunt & rude, I tend to take my business elsware.:eek:

Very True, and if you call and the price is better, you can book, otherwise, if it's not you can just book online. Plus, an obsession of mine is to see how the hotel personell are on the phone. Sometimes, if they are blunt & rude, I tend to take my business elsware.:eek:

I don't think you can go wrong with the Hilton. It is not the high end, but you definately get what you pay for! Plus, there location is fairly close to almost everything. Almost all of the rooms have somewhat of a gulf view which really gets you in the mood on the morning of the cruise!;)

I don't think you can go wrong with the Hilton. It is not the high end, but you definately get what you pay for! Plus, there location is fairly close to almost everything. Almost all of the rooms have somewhat of a gulf view which really gets you in the mood on the morning of the cruise!;)

Sounds fantabulous! I will definately check it out. We found out the hard way that the cheapest place IS NOT THE WAY TO GO!:mad: Plus, if one can get free parking/transportation (or even a nominal fee) than it equals out in the long run!!!!!:rolleyes:

Which night is the Past Guest Party...?

The past guest parties are held in the Degas lounge. It isn't large enough to accommodate all past cruisers in one seating so several parties are held. We received our invitations on Wednesday in our cabin mail box. Ours was on held on Friday immediately after another past guest party.

The past guest parties are held in the Degas lounge. It isn't large enough to accommodate all past cruisers in one seating so several parties are held. We received our invitations on Wednesday in our cabin mail box. Ours was on held on Friday immediately after another past guest party.

Ours was held in the Toulouse-Lautrec Show lounge. I don't remember what day.

I'm sure the shops on board are very similar to other cruises, but on my next cruise, my mother and father-in-laws will be with us. SOmetime during the cruise, I wanted to get something at one of the shops (flower or candy) to have delivered to their room. I wanted to do it there -- and not as a Bon Voyage gift I could purchase ahead of time, as we want to put a longer note with it to be delivered. The message area when ordering online just wasn't big enough :mad: (it's a special trip for all of us).

Anyone know if one of the shops on board can do this? Or have any of you done this before?

I'm sure the shops on board are very similar to other cruises, but on my next cruise, my mother and father-in-laws will be with us. SOmetime during the cruise, I wanted to get something at one of the shops (flower or candy) to have delivered to their room. I wanted to do it there -- and not as a Bon Voyage gift I could purchase ahead of time, as we want to put a longer note with it to be delivered. The message area when ordering online just wasn't big enough :mad: (it's a special trip for all of us).

Anyone know if one of the shops on board can do this? Or have any of you done this before?

I think the formalities shop has flowers that you can send to people onboard ~Like the same place you rent a tux.....:confused: