Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hi Y'all

If You Have Been On Conquest Lately, Did You Tender Or Dock At Cozumel? They are now able to dock, as we did on our cruise in May

Also, Do They Now Have The 'alternative Selections' On The Dining Room Dinner Menu?

Yes, the alternative selections are on the menu and available every night.

Also, Some Of The Other Carnival Ships Have Been Retrofitted To Include A Mini-golf Course.

As of May, no mini golf.

Last Question, I Am Going To Now Be A Platinum Member, As This Is Our 10th Cruise, Has Anyone Had The Luxury Of This, And What All Do You Get? Couldn't help you on this one but I hope to be platinum one day!

Does anyone know the last time Conquest was refurbished and how are the beds on the ship. We are leaving to sail her on Sunday and just wondering what to expect. Thank you in advance. Kay

The beds are wonderful!

We will be sailing next week, and I was under the impression that you could not bring a case of bottled water or sodas on board. I read in here somewhere that people do bring them on board. Can someone help me and fill me in on whether it is ok or not? If so do you just put the drinks in a separate suitcase?

We sailed on the Conquest in Feb 07 and yes, you are allowed to bring a moderate ammount of water/soda with you. (I just packed a few 24 oz plastic bottles i my car-on...bad idea-TOO HEAVY!) You can pack in your suitcase, or as I saw with some people next to our friends room, just attach it to your luggage handle or whatever! I have read others on CC that bring their soda n a collapsible cooler, that way they cad add ice to it on onboard, or even take it off while at port. I am not sure of the exact # you are allowed to bring, although I know the couple we met onboard said they could bring a 6 pack of soda and water each person! So, I guesss really your biggest problem is finding a place to pack it!

Have a great trip!:o

I knew how to post pics. You should see all those containers with the luggage in them all piled together. I can't believe we ONLY lost 3 cans!!

Yesh, I guess it's no different than how the airlines pile our luggage!:eek: But, I suppose that's why I decided to carry-on my 24oz bottles~:cool: Although they sure got heavy!!!!;)

Yes, we docked in Cozumel

Hi Y'all

If You Have Been On Conquest Lately, Did You Tender Or Dock At Cozumel? They are now able to dock, as we did on our cruise in May

Also, Do They Now Have The 'alternative Selections' On The Dining Room Dinner Menu?

Yes, the alternative selections are on the menu and available every night.

Also, Some Of The Other Carnival Ships Have Been Retrofitted To Include A Mini-golf Course.

As of May, no mini golf.

Last Question, I Am Going To Now Be A Platinum Member, As This Is Our 10th Cruise, Has Anyone Had The Luxury Of This, And What All Do You Get? Couldn't help you on this one but I hope to be platinum one day!

We had two rooms and took checked "as luggage" the following:

a 12 pack of sprite taped (with clear packing tape) to a 12 pack of dr. pepper (taping them together made them easier to carry)...just put a luggage tag on it and check it in with your bags.

a 24 pack of water taped to a 24 pack of diet coke (with 18 beers and 6 diet cokes in it)...put a luggage tag on it.

We sent each one to a different room and it got there just fine.

We packed a collapsable cooler in our luggage and the room steward kept it full of ice for us!:)

We took a duffle size rolling bag with a case of Coke and Dr Pepper, along with 12 bottles of water. We rolled in with us as a carry on and had no problem. There were 6 of us and after unpacking them and drinking them during the week, I had an extra bag for bringing back all my soveniers:p .

I am sure this has been answered but I am going on the conquest in in 5 months - CANT WAIT - I love this thread it has all you need to know about the Conquest - AND MORE!!!

Anyway - my ??? is about transfers - for the sad sad trip back to airport to come home - has anyone ever booked a limo or shuttle transfer? Like I said I am sure this has been answered - I was just surfing through this thread - so I apoligize for the repeat.....THANKS!

I am sure this has been answered but I am going on the conquest in in 5 months - CANT WAIT - I love this thread it has all you need to know about the Conquest - AND MORE!!!

Anyway - my ??? is about transfers - for the sad sad trip back to airport to come home - has anyone ever booked a limo or shuttle transfer? Like I said I am sure this has been answered - I was just surfing through this thread - so I apoligize for the repeat.....THANKS!

We have booked our trip back to IAH through Action Limousines. We got a large van for 8 people. Rate was $200. $25 per person did not seem bad to me. Their phone number is 713-781-5466.

I have a Dolphin Swim I booked directly with the site for 3:30at Chankanaab. Will I make it back in time for the 6:00 departure? What time do you need to be back at the ship before it is scheduled to depart?

Capers say be back at 5:30 for a 6:00 departure. That would be 2 hours from the start of your dolphin swim. I would be afraid that I was cutting it too close, but if the swim isn't too long and it's not too far from the ship you'd probably be OK.

alprice... we booked the transfer through Carnival for our May cruise and it was a breeze... I think it was $25 pp, it was a large bus, Greyhound type bus which shuttled us from the pier to Bush Airport. We booked the transfer with the booking of our cruise tickets. The transfer ticket was in our ticket documents. You can always contact Carnival about this directly if you have any questions.