Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

From the deck plans it looks like it is partially over the lounge. Has anyone had noise problems in those aft cabins?

My brother had an aft cabin over the Degas Lounge. He said the music an be quite loud at night. Good thing we has out until 2am most nights.

I hope you didn't just jinx yourself. :p

I wouldn't be the one who did the jinxing. I was working today and one of my patients works for the weather center, she told me that we have a 83% chance of getting a MAJOR hurricane in the gulf, hitting us, this season. Talk about upset. This is our very first cruise and we are all looking forward to. Let's hope the hurricanes go elsewhere. :)

I wouldn't be the one who did the jinxing. I was working today and one of my patients works for the weather center, she told me that we have a 83% chance of getting a MAJOR hurricane in the gulf, hitting us, this season. Talk about upset. This is our very first cruise and we are all looking forward to. Let's hope the hurricanes go elsewhere. :)

NO!!!!!!:eek: Ok..shhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell ANYONE on the roll call about this....LOL! That would SOO suck if that happened during our cruise!

NO!!!!!!:eek: Ok..shhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell ANYONE on the roll call about this....LOL! That would SOO suck if that happened during our cruise!

Don't kid yourself. She was one of my first patients of the day and that ruined it for the rest of the day. I've been bummed for a few. Yes, let's keep it under our hats :D and hope it doesn't happen.

I had a question about the Captain's Party...

Is it a little welcome party one day or is it a dinner? DH was looking at the menus and saw the 2nd day's said Captain's Welcom Dinner. We were just wondering what the dress is like if it is a party. I also heard the advise about getting drinks from the bar vs. from the roving waiters. If someone could clarify, we'd appreciate it!! TIA!

They (weather center) said the same thing last year.......and nada.

Guess what? They will say the same thing next year as well.

I had a question about the Captain's Party...

Is it a little welcome party one day or is it a dinner? DH was looking at the menus and saw the 2nd day's said Captain's Welcom Dinner. We were just wondering what the dress is like if it is a party. I also heard the advise about getting drinks from the bar vs. from the roving waiters. If someone could clarify, we'd appreciate it!! TIA!

The Captain' Party on the Conquest last July was on the first formal night (i e Monday). It was held right before dinner. We wore our formal attire since we went straight to the dinning room afterwards.

We are going on the Conquest again on August 19. We got our docs yesterday.

The Captain' Party on the Conquest last July was on the first formal night (i e Monday). It was held right before dinner. We wore our formal attire since we went straight to the dinning room afterwards.

We are going on the Conquest again on August 19. We got our docs yesterday.

**whew**

I was afraid I'd have to get another dress, but if it's the same night as the first formal, we're okay!

Thanks so much for the help, waiting4acruise!:)

This is the first time I had to tender into a port. What should I expect? Is it chaotic?

I'm booking an excursion with Capt Marvin at 8:30, will I be able to make it?

If anyone has pictures of the tendering boat ( I guess that is what you call it) please let me know!!! Just a little concerned about tendering

Salena:rolleyes:

If anyone has pictures of the tendering boat ( I guess that is what you call it) please let me know!!! Just a little concerned about tendering

It's called a tender.

I don't find it surprising that you wouldn't know what the boat is called. I suspect the vast majority of cruisers, especially those fairly new to cruising, aren't familiar with nautical terms.

Have no fear, in short order you'll sound like and old salt.

;)

It's called a tender.

I don't find it surprising that you wouldn't know what the boat is called. I suspect the vast majority of cruisers, especially those fairly new to cruising, aren't familiar with nautical terms.

Have no fear, in short order you'll sound like and old salt.

;)

MachMan

Thanks for understanding that we are NEW to this cruise language!!!

Salena

They (weather center) said the same thing last year.......and nada.

Guess what? They will say the same thing next year as well.

Your absolutely correct. Let's hope it's not this season that we get that huge hurricane that we are well overdue for. :p

According to the CCL web site, we can bring wine aboard and have it served at dinner. Has anyone done this? Do I bring the wine each night or bring several to the Matri'd the first night? Do they keep it stored/cool for you for the next night?

Thanks

According to the CCL web site, we can bring wine aboard and have it served at dinner. Has anyone done this? Do I bring the wine each night or bring several to the Matri'd the first night? Do they keep it stored/cool for you for the next night?

Thanks

Just bring what you plan to consume. Your wine will be openned and stored for you. You will be charged a $10 corkage fee per bottle.

I'm not overly concerned about this because once I've had a couple of drinks in me, I sleep like a log, But my husband seems a little concerned about it.

Our room is on the Main deck, if you get off the aft elevator, we just walk toward the bow a few doors and there's our room. Anyway, I was looking at deck plans and realized that we are right under the galley. So I'm wondering if anyone had these rooms before and if there was noise?

Thanks in advance! :)

I know this has been discussed at great length all over the CC boards, and I'll probably get flamed for bringing it up AGAIN...

However, as our cruise is days away; I'm nervous - I'm not the 'smuggling' type!! :eek: Does anyone have any recent experience smuggling liquor onto the Conquest? I have the large bottle of Capt. Morgan that we were going to pack in our largest suitcase; packaged very well as to not break or leak. My problem is, I'm scared we'll get caught. Anyone been successful? If not, what happened?

TIA - from the Guilty Conscience! :rolleyes:

I know this has been discussed at great length all over the CC boards, and I'll probably get flamed for bringing it up AGAIN...

However, as our cruise is days away; I'm nervous - I'm not the 'smuggling' type!! :eek: Does anyone have any recent experience smuggling liquor onto the Conquest? I have the large bottle of Capt. Morgan that we were going to pack in our largest suitcase; packaged very well as to not break or leak. My problem is, I'm scared we'll get caught. Anyone been successful? If not, what happened?

Hey there! We'll be on the Conquest this weekend too! I know how you must be feeling, I'm a little nervous about smuggling onboard alcohol too. But I had some friends that got back about a month ago and they didn't have any problems. They emptied out a couple of small coke bottles and refilled with rum They also emptied out a couple of water bottles to smuggle on some gin. No one questioned them since we're allowed to bring onboard a reasonable amount of water and softdrinks. they just mixed the alcohol bottles with other coke bottles and water bottles.

I plan on doing the same this weekend! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Happy Sailing!

this is a picture of some at grand caymen. they were nice and had 2 stories! 100_2341.jpg

Ha....we are bringing a few cases of beer,just gonna stash them in a suitcase....if I get caught I will just say "I didnt know I couldnt do that"and they can have the beer.