Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

OK, I have been reading threads and threads on this forum and have learned a lot. This is my/our first cruise and I am sure I will have several questions. One that I have is that we have booked room 832x on the verandah deck which looks like it is under the pool on the lido deck. I read somewhere that there is a lot of noise from the pool area on the deck above. Anyone stayed in this area and have any comments for or against? Also any advise for first time crusiers or with the Conquest that anyone can offer would be great.

I was told that there is alot of chair noise early in the mornings from the staff arranging chairs by the pool. We booked a cabin on the Verandah deck but it is further up so it is not under the pool. I know many cc'ers can tell you more.

Which is best deck for balcony cabin?? Don't want noise from pools, bars, etc..prefer mid ship...:confused:

We stayed on 6 last time and will be on 6 again on our next cruise, but obviously deck 7 would not be noisy since it's between 2 floors with nothing but cabins. I just like 6 because it's closest to the water.

Lisa, I have no reservations about going into port in Jamaica as long as I am not by myself. I have gone with my sister and our cousins without the guys without incident. When I took my college age son and his 2 friends to Doctors Cave Beach about 5 years ago they told me they were asked it they wanted any marijuana.

That said, I plan to go to DCB on our next cruise, unless I find something I think I would like better.

Best wishes on your pending marriage and bon voyage.

Bnsilly, I booked our balcony cabins on the Empress Deck 7 because it is sandwiched between 2 decks with nothing but other cabins and I thought that would be the quietest.

Patti

My daughter and I are going on Conquest July 1st, and it just dawned on me that while I have been on 3 cruises, I have never eaten in the diningroom on NON formal nights! One of my cruises was solo and i just vegged out in my room, the other 2 cruises i was with my mom and for one reason or another, we never made it into the dining room on those nights. I know it is more casual, but HOW casual? Would a nice shirt, capris and sandals be appropriate?

Does anyone have a picture on an inside stateroom that sleeps 4? We will be on the July 15th, 2007 (Riviera 1414) cruise with our 17 and 14 year old kids. I'm afraid we may be packed in like sardines! I have heard the 3rd and 4th beds come out of the ceiling!??

I'd love to hear from anyone who has stayed in a cabin like this.

ryoung--

I have not been in an inside cabin on the Conquest, but was in one on the Rhapsody. The 3rd and 4th beds do come down from the ceilings, it will be like two sets of bunk beds in your cabin. Probably not a good idea to put the two bottom beds together to make a queen size bed, IMO you couldn't move around that well. Things will probably be a little tight for you guys, but heck you will be cruising and saving money too:D !! I usually don't spend that much time in my cabin when I have an inside--too busy enjoying all of the festivities on the ship and at port. Things may get a little dicey when you guys get dressed for dinner, with one bathroom, but you will be fine. I know one thing I slept like a baby in an inside cabin (dark, cool and cozy). To help me figure out what time of the day it was (when I was in my cabin) I would turn on the TV station to the bow cam, so I could see outside. It was really great to have it on at night when I went to bed too. I would mute the sound and the sun would come up and I would wake up. :) Yes, you can technically say I had an ocean view room.:D

My daughter and I are going on Conquest July 1st, and it just dawned on me that while I have been on 3 cruises, I have never eaten in the diningroom on NON formal nights! One of my cruises was solo and i just vegged out in my room, the other 2 cruises i was with my mom and for one reason or another, we never made it into the dining room on those nights. I know it is more casual, but HOW casual? Would a nice shirt, capris and sandals be appropriate?

That sounds just right;) you'll be fine, Have fun

OK, I have been reading threads and threads on this forum and have learned a lot. This is my/our first cruise and I am sure I will have several questions. One that I have is that we have booked room 832x on the verandah deck which looks like it is under the pool on the lido deck. I read somewhere that there is a lot of noise from the pool area on the deck above. Anyone stayed in this area and have any comments for or against? Also any advise for first time crusiers or with the Conquest that anyone can offer would be great.

We stayed in 8455, aft wrap, and heard very minimal chair moving noise. It never kept us awake and did not wake us up in the mornings!! We loved being on the Verandah deck!!

Does anyone have a picture on an inside stateroom that sleeps 4? We will be on the July 15th, 2007 (Riviera 1414) cruise with our 17 and 14 year old kids. I'm afraid we may be packed in like sardines! I have heard the 3rd and 4th beds come out of the ceiling!??

We just returned from a trip on the Conquest and I haven't even downloaded the photos yet. I will tell you that we had plenty of space. We had 3 adults and a 9-year-old in our state room. We were able to easily store all 5 nested suitcases under the bed and all of their contents in the closets, cabinets, and drawers. We even had space we didn't use.

My only warning would be -- Watch where you are going! I can't tell you the number of times I hit my head on an upper bunk. In fact, on the last day, my husband almost gave himself a concussion while packing when he hit the back of his head hard enough to put a dent in it.

We all loved the room!

I will try to get you a picture if no one else posts one for you.

I can't answer your question... just know that you'll rarely be in your room!!!! When you guys shower and change, you might want to do it in "shifts"... My wife and I will be on the same cruise, Cabin 6489.... your kids will have a BLAST!!!!

Dean

Hi All! Where do I make reservations at for The Point ?

Thanks!

Hey there!!

Make your reservation at the Point when you get on the ship... that way you'll get the day and time that you want! We always get reservations for Tuesday night... seems to be the best night for us because it's a seaday (no rush after an excursion), and the dining room menu entrees aren't our "favorites" (even though they're still great!).

Dean

ryoung, 4 of us had an inside cabin on the Conquest. I was the chaperone for my son and 2 of his friends, ages 19,19, & 21. (We all did boy scouts together in high school and have known each other and our families for years.) We booked an inside guarantee on the riviera deck and were thrilled with the lido deck cabin we had near the mid elevators and the stairs that went up to the spa.

Two lower twin beds were against opposite walls. There was an upper bed over each twin that I believe folded down from the wall (or came from the ceiling). I am sure someone with a better memory than I have can set us straight on this point.

It was cozy but it worked for us. Here are some things I did to make it more tolerable.

I proped the cabin door open frequently.

I kept the tv on the ship cam, which felt like we were looking out a window at the ocean.

I used post-its to label each drawer and shelf with the name of the person who was going to use it and gave strict instructions that everyone pick up after themelves to avoid injury in the dark cabin at night.

I had 2 over the door shoe holders and I put one on each side of the bathroom door.

We all used the showers in the spa. This really helped when we needed to get ready for dinner or when there was an early riser that would have awakened those sleeping in.

A night light, flashlight, alarm clock light or cell phone light is helpful in the pitch dark cabins at night.

We had a wonderful time. We each did our own thing during the day and had dinner together at night. The "boys" stayed up until 2 or 3 am and slept until I made them get up right before noon so the cabin steward could clean the cabin. I usually went to bed by 10 or 11 and was up at 6 or 7 am and went to the spa to get ready in the morning so I would not disturb them. I think being really organized and getting everyone to commit to being neat and tidy and picking up after themselves really is the key to surviving in close quarters.

has anyone stayed in room 2470 ? we have it and 2474

they seem to look bigger on layout .

Mad4Mickey,

We just got back from 6/17/07 sailing on the Conquest and happened to be staying in cabin 2474. It indeed is larger than the other cabins. Our daughter and her husband were next to us in cabin 2476 that faces directly aft and when they came over to see ours, they thought that we had paid extra for our larger cabin.

There is a lot of space at the end of the bed. It is enough space that we placed our adjustable height table in the center of the open space and placed the two upholstered sitting chairs around the table and put the ottoman from the vanity for our kids to use as a footstool while we sat/lay on the bed. They came over several times just to sit and talk and munch on late night snacks because we had all of this extra room.

I do need to warn you that these aft rooms are rather noisy (from the cavitation of the propellers?) and they vibrate constantly. The vibration is strong enough to cause things to fall off of the vanity or bathroom shelves in the middle of the night. We thought we would have a problem sleeping with all of the noise and vibration but I guess our bodies adjusted to it and nobody mentioned it after the first night.

The windows on this aft deck are angled downward and have a large cubbyhole that you have to crawl into to put your face against the glass. In 2474, you can look down and see the waterline and see aft and to the port side as well. The cubbyhole is big enough for two people to crawl into and we liked doing that late at night to see the churning water from the propellers and the water reflect the night lights of the ship.

We hope you enjoy your trip.

Jorge and Leatha

Here is a photo of an inside quad cabin with both uppers down. The uppers fold out of the wall. The two lowers can be together forming a queen as pictured, or separated against each wall as two singles.

2677299260043901241S600x600Q85.jpg

Staff from The Point had a table set up in the lobby for making reservations during embarkation when we boarded Conquest last January. Also, I looked at our Carnival Capers for embarkation day and found the following:

"The Point" Supper Club Deck 10 Midship

Welcome to a world of award winning chefs, extrordinary cuisine & fine service at a nominal charge. Open daily from 6:00pm - 9:30pm. Reservations needed, phone 1078 between 10:00am & 10:00pm. Please Allow atleast 2 hours to enjoy a complete dining experience. Elegant Casual

Happy Cruising!

I will be sailing on the Conquest 7/8 with my DH, and 3 kids - sons, 14 & 12 & daughter, 7. Does anyone have suggestions for activities in Montego Bay or Cozumel? I have booked the stingray city snorkel with Capt. Marvin for Cayman. I am a little nervous about Jamaica based on what I have been reading! Thanks!

Amy

I will be sailing on the Conquest 7/8 with my DH, and 3 kids - sons, 14 & 12 & daughter, 7. Does anyone have suggestions for activities in Montego Bay or Cozumel? I have booked the stingray city snorkel with Capt. Marvin for Cayman. I am a little nervous about Jamaica based on what I have been reading! Thanks!

Amy

For Montego Bay....two words: SUNSET BEACH. Once you pull, go up on deck and go to the side that is the smoking side of the ship (I forgot what that side is called) and look in the distance, you'll see two yellow tower like buildings. THAT is Sunset Beach, great resort and SO close to the ship.

www.sunsetbeachresort.com

You'll feel safe there being that close to "home" and they have a waterpark which the kids will love and the beach is nice.

In Cozumel, Paradise Beach. This place is so great, so much stuff to do

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com

Have fun:D

Amy

As mentioned earlier, I highly recommend the canopy tour zip line excursion. My boys were 14 and 12 when we did it, and they loved it. The 7 year-old is too young, if I remember correctly, so you might need to split up. The staff at this excursion were wonderful - very entertaining!