Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I know this has been discussed at great length all over the CC boards, and I'll probably get flamed for bringing it up AGAIN...

However, as our cruise is days away; I'm nervous - I'm not the 'smuggling' type!! :eek: Does anyone have any recent experience smuggling liquor onto the Conquest? I have the large bottle of Capt. Morgan that we were going to pack in our largest suitcase; packaged very well as to not break or leak. My problem is, I'm scared we'll get caught. Anyone been successful? If not, what happened?

TIA - from the Guilty Conscience! :rolleyes:

"Smuggle" away! When we went on our last cruise back in Spring, I took two bottles of vodka on without problem. Packed them in our checked baggage, as you are suggesting. What's the worst thing that could happen - they have you open your bag and take away the booze?

I know this has been discussed at great length all over the CC boards, and I'll probably get flamed for bringing it up AGAIN...

However, as our cruise is days away; I'm nervous - I'm not the 'smuggling' type!! :eek: Does anyone have any recent experience smuggling liquor onto the Conquest? I have the large bottle of Capt. Morgan that we were going to pack in our largest suitcase; packaged very well as to not break or leak. My problem is, I'm scared we'll get caught. Anyone been successful? If not, what happened?

TIA - from the Guilty Conscience! :rolleyes:

I had that exact same bottle of Captain Morgan on my last cruise. I left it in the original glass bottle, massively bubble wrapped (I think I went overboard, you should have seen my atrosity) in the middle of the largest suitecase surrounded by clothes. No problem whatsoever! I also had several bottles of wine and champagne. Don't worry you will most likely be fine.

we're booked on a cruise late april of 2008. thinking about driving to galveston from calif. what's there to see along the way? how long of a drive is it or should we just fly? are they limits of what and how much liquor over each border?

also, i would love to try the zip lines. but i have what my daughter calls - a broken chicken wing - right arm is partially paralyzed (erb's paralysis since birth)...meaning i don't do much with my arm with over the head stuff. it looks like fun but paranoid if i got stuck and had to do hand over hand manuvers (monkey bar stuff) to get to the end.

any info would be most helpful....thanks..

We on are the Conquest, Aug 5th. Soooooooo excited...........Our first cruise.

Has anyone stayed in Cabin #6404, I am concerned about the noise?

Trying to decide in Jamica, Sunset Beach Resort or Doctor Cove Beach and Margarittaville.

we're booked on a cruise late april of 2008. thinking about driving to galveston from calif. what's there to see along the way? how long of a drive is it or should we just fly? are they limits of what and how much liquor over each border?

Depends on where you are leaving from....we left from San Fran and got to see a lot of desert!:p You could do the "northern" route thru AZ and NM and see the petrified forest, painted desert and Grand Canyon....We took 5 days, 8 hrs. max per day (speed limit was 55 then and we had 2 small children, stopped early one day for a "pool day" at the hotel) If you do the I-10 route from LA not as much to see, but San Antonio is a wonderful city and lots to do when you get there! Great time to be traveling! The weather should be gorgeous!

Trying to decide in Jamica, Sunset Beach Resort or Doctor Cove Beach and Margarittaville.

I haven't been in that cabin, but it is directly over the disco... I would think if any cabins on deck 6 are noisy, it would have to be the ones along there. :eek:

We did Doc Cave beach and had a nice time. Not sure if it's cheaper in the long run over Sunset beach by the time you eat and drink but it was a nice beach and we enjoyed our time there.

I was in Mo Bay last October. Don't do Margaritaville. It's in a risky part of the city and the food isn't very good, especially the Wicked Jamaican pizza!:(

I was in Mo Bay last October. Don't do Margaritaville. It's in a risky part of the city and the food isn't very good, especially the Wicked Jamaican pizza!:(

We went to Margaritaville on both of our Conquest cruises. We enjoyed it both times. We had a drink or two, but didn't order any food. The first trip we spent most of our time in the main bar room where they were playing TV theme trivia. It was fun. The last time we spent most of our time on the top level watching people jump on the trampoline and sliding down the water slide. It's about a block or two from Doctor's Cave Beach. We had the cab dropped us off at Margaritaville then we walked down a few blocks and back just looking around. We saw the entrance to Doctor's Cave. It looked nice.

This time I think we'll try Sunset Beach, but I wouldn't hesitate to go to Margaritaville again.

I am just curious, Is anyone bring there kids with them on the Conquest Feb 10-17, 2008 ? I know with it being Valentines week there will be alot of couples. My girls (11 & 13) and I will be going, this will be their first cruise I am so excited for them. Guess I am just hoping they will run into kids their age.

Thanks alot,

Kay

I am just curious, Is anyone bring there kids with them on the Conquest Feb 10-17, 2008 ? I know with it being Valentines week there will be alot of couples. My girls (11 & 13) and I will be going, this will be their first cruise I am so excited for them. Guess I am just hoping they will run into kids their age.

Thanks alot,

Kay

Probably so Kay

Check the roll call threads for the Conquest and that date.

BTW-Welcome to cruise critic, it's a wealth of information (of all sorts).:)

I've been going to Margaritaville for years, even before Jimmy bought the place. The place is a ton of fun, not overly cheap mind you but loads of fun. I can assure you, it's not a dangerous area. It's on the strip, about a three or four minute cab ride from the dock, should cost you about two or three bucks apiece to get there.

Doctor's Cave Beach is gorgeous. I've never seen it crowded. I've vacationed at Breeze's, right there on the bay, many times and always had a wonderful time.

Thanks alot,

Kay

Come join our roll call. We are upto 200 plus pages, so you may not have the time to read it all. We do have a few families, but mostly couples. We are planning several group things to do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=444244

Went to Margaritaville last year and had a blast. It is really alot of fun. Sit down near the DJ that is where all the action is. The slide is fun and the hot tub on top is really relaxing. I actually am going back again this year to Jamaica and it is definetly one of my stops there.

I didn't think Margaritaville was all that... Its ok if you like a jammed packed - very loud - very young crowd - open aired eatery.

We went to Margaritaville on both of our Conquest cruises. We enjoyed it both times. We had a drink or two, but didn't order any food. The first trip we spent most of our time in the main bar room where they were playing TV theme trivia. It was fun. The last time we spent most of our time on the top level watching people jump on the trampoline and sliding down the water slide. It's about a block or two from Doctor's Cave Beach. We had the cab dropped us off at Margaritaville then we walked down a few blocks and back just looking around. We saw the entrance to Doctor's Cave. It looked nice.

This time I think we'll try Sunset Beach, but I wouldn't hesitate to go to Margaritaville again.

Hi Y'all

We Are Leaving Out Of Galveston On The Conquest In 3 Weeks. We Went On Her In January 06 (and Loved It Of Course), But Have Been On Other Carnival Ships Since. If You Have Been On Conquest Lately, Did You Tender Or Dock At Cozumel?

Also, Do They Now Have The 'alternative Selections' On The Dining Room Dinner Menu? Other Ships Have Gone To This, Having Several Selections That Can Be Chosen Every Night If You Want. My Daughter Loves The "chocolate Melting Cake' And Has Been Asking For It Since Our Last Cruise.

Also, Some Of The Other Carnival Ships Have Been Retrofitted To Include A Mini-golf Course. I Have Kids 7-9-11 And They Really Enjoyed This On Our Last Cruise. Has Conquest Been Fitted Yet?

Last Question, I Am Going To Now Be A Platinum Member, As This Is Our 10th Cruise, Has Anyone Had The Luxury Of This, And What All Do You Get?

Thanks!

We Went On Conquest In January 06. We Are Also Going Again On August 19th.

As For The Noise, I Can't Tell You As We Didn't Stay There. This Will Be Our 10th Cruise And We Have Never Had Much Of A Problem With Noise, Except On Our Honeymoon With The Aerobics Class Above Us (we Were On The Verandah).

We Do Take Earplugs With Us (soft Roll Up Type, Find Them At Any Drugstore), And I Use Them, But The Rest Of My Family Has Been Fine.

As For Doctor's Cave Beach, It Is Only About $5 To Get In, And They Have Trampolines, And You Can Snorkel From The Beach. We Were Very Pleased As Our Whole Family Went (14 Of Us) And Everyone Had A Great Time. We Were Not Bugged By All The Vendors, And Some Of The Group Went Parasailing Just Down The Beach. I Haven't Been To Sunset Beach, But Have Heard It Is Nice. If You Want To Just Relax, Dr. Cave Is Good, But If You Want Drinks, Food, And Lots Of Toys, Go To Sunset.

While We Were In Jamaica, My Brother Was Offered Drugs Multiple Times. My Husband And I Were Not. Just A Note In Jamaica, It Is Not Illegal For Them To Sell You The Drugs, But It Is Illegal For You To Buy It. In Addition, The Jamaicans Can Then Turn You In, And Get A Reward For Turning You In. In Essence, They Sell You Drugs, You Pay, Then They Turn You In, And You Get An Extended Stay Not At The Resort Of Your Choice.

Have Fun!

WE WERE ON CONQUEST JANUARY 06 AND OUR KIDS WERE ABLE TO SWIM THERE. IT WASN'T USED VERY MUCH.

WE ARE GOING AGAIN 8-19-07, LOOKS LIKE WE WILL BE SHIPMATES!

does anyone know if the sky pool is for adults only or if kids are allowed?

WE WERE ON CONQUEST JANUARY 06 AND OUR KIDS WERE ABLE TO SWIM THERE. IT WASN'T USED VERY MUCH.

Probably because the kids were in it!:rolleyes: Adult use only pool is just that, there are 2 other pools that the kids can use. I realize that the pool is by the pizza and grill areas and the temptation is there for the kids to use it, but when they do, it does keep the adults out.(and grumbling) Parents need to help the crew monitor it's use.

In answer to your docking question - we tendered in 4/06 and docked in 12/06 and my understanding is the Conquest will be docking from now on.

No miniature golf on the Conquest....or rock wall, or skating rink....

If You Have Been On Conquest Lately, Did You Tender Or Dock At Cozumel?

We were on the Conquest in Feb 07!

I suppose it will depend on what order you get to Cozumel (or, I guess, whether thecaptain has secured a place at the dock!! We were able to dock, along whing a RCCL ship, but as for others, they ended up tendering close to down town.

Have a great trip!!!:)

hi rns16,

I went on this cruise 7/15. Sunset Beach Resort was great! It was 40$ per adult-it's only about 5-10 from ship, so it cost us only 6$ bucks to get there. Plus, they serve breakfast, so if you get there in the a.m. you can enjoy the breakfast buffet as well as the lunch buffet, and outdooor grill.-O ya and unlimited beverages too.

The beach wasn't crowded at all and the snorkling was good too.

You don't have to take the towel from the ship, they'll give you that.

:)