Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

ihc2266 - I receive an e-mail every morning (early) if a new post has been made on this thread the day before. When you post a thread you have that option - there is a box to check just below where you type your reply. I requested daily notification.

Hi people!! This is my first post and my first cruise, so be kind if I screw it up!! I just want to say how much I have been enjoying reading all the posts and thank you for all the valuable information. I must have missed something on the way, but the pool thing. Am I understanding correctly that the pools on board are salt and not fresh (relative) water? And while I am here, can anyone tell me about the Jungle River Tubing in Montego Bay? We will be going on that excursion and I would just like to know what it was like. Am I going to drown!!

Thanks again for the information you all provide.

Sailing on the Conquest 02/03/2008!! Can't wait!:D

Hi people!! This is my first post and my first cruise, so be kind if I screw it up!! I just want to say how much I have been enjoying reading all the posts and thank you for all the valuable information. I must have missed something on the way, but the pool thing. Am I understanding correctly that the pools on board are salt and not fresh (relative) water? And while I am here, can anyone tell me about the Jungle River Tubing in Montego Bay? We will be going on that excursion and I would just like to know what it was like. Am I going to drown!!

Thanks again for the information you all provide.

Sailing on the Conquest 02/03/2008!! Can't wait!:D

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You will love the Conquest. It's a great ship.

Yes, salt water pools, sorry not familiar with that excursion.

Hey, first time here too, but I'm going with my wife, daughter and other friends and family. They are old pros at this. As I uderstand the pool deal, they pump it in from over board and filter out the sharks and people eating things. 123 days left before my cruise, I'm sure looking forward to it.

SpongeBobRoundPants

Daughter says she heard, you save money if you book your own excurions? Then she expressed some concern about getting killed, raped and/or body organs taken when going too far from the norm? What is the best nitty gritty. I'm the Lazy River Tube type, but some of our wilder Texans enjoy riding bulls for fun.

Thanks Snoozeman, both for the welcome and the info. I did read your review on the Conquest and found it very helpful and enlightening. And SpongeBob.....thanks too!! I am also travelling with 1 other newbie, 1 second time cruiser and 1 seasoned cruiser. By the way, I agree with your daughter.

Daughter says she heard, you save money if you book your own excurions? Then she expressed some concern about getting killed, raped and/or body organs taken when going too far from the norm? What is the best nitty gritty. I'm the Lazy River Tube type, but some of our wilder Texans enjoy riding bulls for fun.

She's correct. I never take a ship excursion. She's also correct that you really need to investigate who you do book with locally.

Thanks 8cruisnfeet!:) That was my 5th Conquest cruise in September.

My beauutiful daughter was home this morning working her tail off for a craft show this next weekend to make money to blow on the cruise we are taking in March. Then out of the Blue her trouble making Daddy (ME) calls up and appoints her the team leader to get and spread info about excursion for out trip. Well, she didn't put up much of a fight, she pushes the crafity junk aside and starts surfing the net for cool stuff for our cruise. Did I do good? She's such a great daughter.

Going on the Conquest in March. Can anyone recommend good excursions and a good company to book them thru?

In Grand Cayman, Nativeway's Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion is great.

In Cozumel we've done the Carnival tour to Tulum and we've gone to Paradise Beach on our own. Both were great. This last time we did a 2 hour snorkel tour in a glass bottom boat.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/cozumelsnorkelingexcursions.htm

That was fun too.

I don't really have any suggestions for Jamaica. We were going to go to Sunset Beach for the day, but it rained so we just shopped and stayed on the ship most of the day. Margaritaville is fun though. We went their on our first 2 trips.

In Grand Cayman, Nativeway's Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion is great.

In Cozumel we've done the Carnival tour to Tulum and we've gone to Paradise Beach on our own. Both were great. This last time we did a 2 hour snorkel tour in a glass bottom boat.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/cozumelsnorkelingexcursions.htm

That was fun too.

I don't really have any suggestions for Jamaica. We were going to go to Sunset Beach for the day, but it rained so we just shopped and stayed on the ship most of the day. Margaritaville is fun though. We went their on our first 2 trips.

So what all is there to do in sunset beach?