Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Does anyone know about Conquest Verandah 8429?? Going June 15th.

Would love to have a recent Conquest Capers if you have one:

rlpolk111@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Bob

We were in 8365, you are quite a bit further aft, so you might get some motion and will probably feel a vibration to some extent. You appear to be right under the Sky Grill or at least the doorway between the cezanne and sky deck. so you could get a tad bit of traffic noise coming through the ceiling? However, you are right across from a stairway and elevator and one deck away from most of the action. I do not think you will be disappointed.

Can anyone give info on cabin 8450-Aft Balcony? We've done aft balcony on Celebrity (HUGE balcony). I know it's not that big, but any feedback regarding location, personal experience, would be great!

Yes, I've had 8457 (mirror image) twice on the Conquest and good friends who take 8450 when we're in 8457. Great balcony. Not as large as RCL's or X corners, but similar. One of the larger balconies on the Conquest for sure. Has a good combination of shade and sun.

Are you saying that ALL the cabins on the Conquest have hair dryers? When I cruised on the Ecstacy, they did not have them. Please confirm about the Conquest.

Yes, ALL the rooms on the Conquest have hairdryers...but they are hidden. Check the skinny top drawer of your vanity, that is where they are. Not the best place in the world, but hey,keeps me from having to pack one! :) They do not hang them on the side of the wall in plain sight like on other ships.

Yes, I've had 8457 (mirror image) twice on the Conquest and good friends who take 8450 when we're in 8457. Great balcony. Not as large as RCL's or X corners, but similar. One of the larger balconies on the Conquest for sure. Has a good combination of shade and sun.

Thanks SO much, Snoozeman, for advising. I am a little worried about the rumors of trash and cigarette butts, but I'll take my chances for the relaxing view of the ship's wake every day!

Do you recall if the balcony has chairs, lounger, etc?

I will be at every frog football game too. How about our tcu baseball team.

I thought of something that you won't want to forget...a power strip. Take at least one for charging up camera batteries, ipod, hairdryer, etc. Have you been watching the galveston webcam every Sunday waiting for your turn?

Bummed about the baseball team but mens tennis won their tourney a few weeks ago so we were happy about that. Where are your tickets at for fb? We're on the west side, north end zone about 30 rows up at the goal line.

I thought of something that you won't want to forget...a power strip. Take at least one for charging up camera batteries, ipod, hairdryer, etc. Have you been watching the galveston webcam every Sunday waiting for your turn?

Bummed about the baseball team but mens tennis won their tourney a few weeks ago so we were happy about that. Where are your tickets at for fb? We're on the west side, north end zone about 30 rows up at the goal line.

Yeah I was pretty bummed about the baseball team as well but I was happy to see about our mens tennis. We are still the best team in the conference for baseball. We are in section UE about the 50 yard line second row. Our seats are great because we get to see everything that is going on during the game and see what is going on with our players.

I deffinatly do watch the galveston webcam every Sunday. I can't wait. I live in 4 days and I am counting down. Thanks for all the information about the trip. You have helped alot.

Has anyone tried the sushi that they say they have on the Conquest? I was wondering when it is available, where it is, and what they offer? Do you have to stand in line, or is it pre-made? Thanks!

They only offered four different pieces and it wasn't the best we've had. We used it as a snack because the selection wasn't large enough.

The sushi is made at infront of you. The choices are just the four items but they do change each day. If you are a sushi-file (is that a word?) you won't be swept off your feet, but I agree with ILuv2CruiseWithU2 that it does make a nice snack. If you have a late dinner seating, the sushi is an especially good snack with a beer or glass of wine; the perfect thing at 5:30 to tide you over.

Since so many people are asking about Capers more recent than the ones available now:

Many people are cruising right now since it's peak summer season, can someone post them somewhere when they return and post the link? I'm sure all will appreciate it.

That way the thread won't have pages and pages of email addresses that spam programs can pick up on and bombard you with junk mail.

Just a thought... ;)

Can you dry clean on ship. Do they have iron in rooms. Will be in Galveston a few days befor getting on ship. I know they have area to wash cloths. Are they hair dryer in the cat 11 rooms. Thank you for any help you can give me.

They have irons in all the laundry rooms. Here is the list I have:

Deck 1 across from 1359

Deck 2 across from 2367

Deck 6 across from 6387

Deck 7 across from 7339

Deck 8 across from 8351

Deck 9 across from 9270

They only offered four different pieces and it wasn't the best we've had. We used it as a snack because the selection wasn't large enough.

The selection changed every night though. We had 3-4 times, It was a perfect snack while we waited for the late dinner. Nice to get some sushi and go on deck for sunset.

Bump.

Brand new to Carnival and this board. Have res on Conquest and love this thread. Don't want it to get lost.

Any info on aft balcony suite 7445?

Hi, I think we are going to be right next door to one another. I am in 7449 AFT on conquest. What date you sailing? These cabins have the extened balcony's. I have heard they are really nice rooms!

Ang

For anyone who's been on the Conquest lately, can you tell me when the most recent crew change or visa check was? I read that they do this about every 90 days. I know it affects boarding time, as all crew members have to disembark for verification before embarkation can begin.

For anyone who's been on the Conquest lately, can you tell me when the most recent crew change or visa check was? I read that they do this about every 90 days. I know it affects boarding time, as all crew members have to disembark for verification before embarkation can begin.

The last one I know about was 1/13/08, I was there. Hope that helps.

The last one I know about was 1/13/08, I was there. Hope that helps.

I figured that if it was done on January 13, 2008, and it is done about every 90 days the next one should have been about April 13, 2008, then July 13, 2008, and then October 12, 2008. I hope this is correct because we sail on September 7, and would hate to get held up due to customs of the crew. Did anyone sail on April 13 on the Conquest?

I figured that if it was done on January 13, 2008, and it is done about every 90 days the next one should have been about April 13, 2008, then July 13, 2008, and then October 12, 2008. I hope this is correct because we sail on September 7, and would hate to get held up due to customs of the crew. Did anyone sail on April 13 on the Conquest?

i got caught in that mess on oct 21 2007, and i still remember the hell, it took 5 hours to get on board..........

it is done about every 90 days the next one should have been about April 13, 2008, then July 13, 2008, and then October 12, 2008.

hmm 'about' every 90 days? hope it isn't 90days +/- 1wk because then it'll fall on our cruise :(

i'm curious too if anyone had cruised in april and encounted this delay?