Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hi everyone!

I booked an OV room but not sure what room yet. It is my understanding that the OV rooms are on Deck 1 and 2. Has anyone stayed on either deck and if so, are they quiet? If I have to stay on Deck 2, will there be an issue with Deck 3 noise? Thanks!

Erica

We stayed on Riveria in cabin 1225. It was pretty quite and we love the room. We could hear the waves slapping the ship, but it was a pleasant, peaceful sound. Like sleeping in a tent on the beach. We loved it.

Hi there Gang, do you think I will make my cruise September 14th. on The Conquest, if anyones near Houston or Galveston Id appreciate it if you let me know if Galveston will shut off The Causeway next week, Im leaving Friday the 12th. and will be out of touch with the weather, Ive been watching and hoping Ill make it but Id like someone who is in Galveston,Texas or Houston,texas if youd let me know by Thursday the 11th.!! Thanks everyone!!:)

I was noticing July wasn't a great time to get extras. I'm neither a senior nor in the military. If I use a code, will they check on me?

Also, is it cheaper to book directly through Carnival, or should I use an agent. I've worked with go away travel in the past and really liked them for our all inclusive trips, but I wasn't sure if a cruise would be the same.

pfanny,

i think there are pros and cons to using a TA and booking straight with the cruiseline. I personally booked our cruise through Carnival. I was very glad i did. Then when prices dropped, I got a nice deal. I didn't have to deal with the hassle of a TA. Also, booking with cruiseline, ask them about discounts. you may be entitled to some that you don't know about. previous cruiser on certain lines offer discounts. There's senior discounts, military, airline etc too. The high season is certainly not the time to look for many discounts or credits. But during spring break, i did recv. a credit over $600 for our balcony a month before sailing. If you do not need a TA to book flights, hotels, car rentals etc...why not just call the cruise line. I have heard some horror stories on here about people and TAgents. jmo, others may differ.

pfanny,

i think there are pros and cons to using a TA and booking straight with the cruiseline. I personally booked our cruise through Carnival. I was very glad i did. Then when prices dropped, I got a nice deal. I didn't have to deal with the hassle of a TA. Also, booking with cruiseline, ask them about discounts. you may be entitled to some that you don't know about. previous cruiser on certain lines offer discounts. There's senior discounts, military, airline etc too. The high season is certainly not the time to look for many discounts or credits. But during spring break, i did recv. a credit over $600 for our balcony a month before sailing. If you do not need a TA to book flights, hotels, car rentals etc...why not just call the cruise line. I have heard some horror stories on here about people and TAgents. jmo, others may differ.

When does the cruiseline usually do price drops? I have a cruise set up for December and so far, no drop. i haven't paid my balance because I'm waiting to see if it happens.

When does the cruiseline usually do price drops? I have a cruise set up for December and so far, no drop. i haven't paid my balance because I'm waiting to see if it happens.

The cruise lines will drop prices when bookings are slow. You just need to keep checking prices. Remember prices can also go up if bookings are fast.

I've loved reading all of the great information on here for the past year.

So fabulously helpful!

My Hubs and I are booked on the 11/30/08 and it's actually our honeymoon, six months after our May wedding. :D AND our the first cruise for both of us.

I'm sorry if it's been posted and I just can't find it, but purty please help me find the roll call for this date....? :o

Thanks in advance all yee wise ones.

It's been a year since I last cruised and I couldn't find a price list on carnival.com so I thought I would ask here! :D

Can anyone tell me about how much is a foo foo drink? Or a budlight?

I think last time I went I think the foo foo drinks were $4.75.? I just thought I would check since everything else seems to keep going up.:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance! :cool:

From last month on the Glory....

Frozen Exotic Cocktails.....ie, Banana Daiquiri, Miami Vice, Pina Colada 5.25 or 15oz Hurricane Glass 7.75 .............. Domestic Beers,,,, Coors light 12oz 3.75.....Most 16oz 4.75, some 5.25 ........... Don't forget to add 15% gratuity ....

From last month on the Glory....

Frozen Exotic Cocktails.....ie, Banana Daiquiri, Miami Vice, Pina Colada 5.25 or 15oz Hurricane Glass 7.75 .............. Domestic Beers,,,, Coors light 12oz 3.75.....Most 16oz 4.75, some 5.25 ........... Don't forget to add 15% gratuity ....

Thank you so much for your prompt response!! :D

We have been assigned room 1110 on the Conquest....would this be considered a Cat 11 room? Anyone know anything about this room?:rolleyes:

Cabin 1110 is a category 6E family oceanview room. The cabin has a floor to ceiling window. I have not stayed in one but they look very nice.

1529138554083404902S600x600Q85.jpg

We booked on the panorama 1025. But now I've been reading the higher you go the more motion you feel. Is this accurate? Has anyone stayed on the panorama deck? Did you like it? Thanks in advance for any answers.

The least motion is lower and middle, that being said unless you are in very rough waters, it makes very little difference. I just got back and couldnt tell any difference no matter where I was, but then the waves never got over 7 feet.

How long does it take to get off in a port? I'm trying to book my excursion in Cozumel and I'm not sure what time to tell them. We get there at 10.

Thanks!

Once they start disembarking and if you are ready you should be off of the ship in about 30 minutes... Depending upon which pier you dock at and where your excursion is meeting you that will effect your time. If you dock at the International Pier (furthest from town) and your excursion is at the Punta Lugusta Pier in town you will have to add about 20 minutes for the taxi ride.....