Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Thank you so much. That was great!

Was that a submarine or a glass boat?

elizabeth

My wife and I went on this same thing and it is a submarine. I would not do this again. It was hot, cramped, and the windows were dirty. Not worth the money to me at all.

Thank you so much. That was great!

Was that a submarine or a glass boat?

elizabeth

That is an actual submarine that took us down to about 105 feet along the reef. You can't feel any pressure squeeze like on an airplane. Chad is 80 and he had no problem getting in and out. Each of us had a large porthole to look out.

I bought some bar tickets a few weeks ago for our cruise on March 14th. I noticed that the bar prices recently went up. Has anyone tried using the bar tickets ($5.25 each) on the fruit drinks that are in the $7.25 price range? I know it varies from bar tender to bar tender, but were you charged extra? Thanks!

My wife and I went on this same thing and it is a submarine. I would not do this again. It was hot, cramped, and the windows were dirty. Not worth the money to me at all.

I'm sad to hear you had a bad experience. I am Claustrophobic and I didn't feel cramped at all. The air conditioning was nice and I agree that some windows were scratched or dirty. The ones we had were clear enough to get some photos.

• 1 month later...
I have read that the Conquest no longer has PC Wok's - is this where the mongolian grill is located?

No - The Mongolian Grill was at one of the Lido stations near the pool. PC Wok was closed, and they weren't using the space for anything on our February cruise (and I missed my wonton soup.:() However, the Mongolian Grill was really good.

This link has 2 sets of pictures from the Conquest (2007 and 2009, both Western Caribbean)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roseoftexas/collections/72157601820066732/

and a review from the 2009 cruise

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=56659

Thank you! Your pics are fantastic and I really enjoyed your review!

Just a few random questions:

Can anyone tell me if the Steakhouse is worth the money??? or stick with the free food, its just as good..hahahaha

Also, has anyone stayed in the adjoining rooms, any different or worse than the other rooms? It looks like they are more wide than narrow.

We were debating between the ATV or Dune Buggy in Jamaica any suggestions??

Can anyone tell me if the Steakhouse is worth the money??? or stick with the free food, its just as good..hahahaha

Also, has anyone stayed in the adjoining rooms, any different or worse than the other rooms? It looks like they are more wide than narrow.

I can speak only about The Point. We sailed on the Conquest in August 2009 and it was one of the highlights of our cruise. The food was exceptional, the service superb. You will have an awesome time.

It's a matter of expectations, we didn't do the Point when we did the Conquest, but we did Harry's on the Liberty. We chose one of the "formal" nights so we already had a reason to dress up and have a night out. We had an enjoyable time, shared a nice bottle of wine, the meal was good and the deserts in particular were memorable (no chocolate melting cake this night). In the grand scale of things, the 'up' charge wasn't too bad.

2324734193_5bd5fa621f.jpg

We are set to sail May 9th on the Conquest and our roll call is looking for a location to get together, without a charge. Any Ideas? The group thinks Day 2 would be best but we also don't want to miss any fun activities. Any suggestions would be helpful to us.

RHonda

We are set to sail May 9th on the Conquest and our roll call is looking for a location to get together, without a charge. Any Ideas? The group thinks Day 2 would be best but we also don't want to miss any fun activities. Any suggestions would be helpful to us.

RHonda

several of the bars are closed, but open to sit in during the day, and we usually met in one of those, I believe on deck 5 all the way down to the aft.....called Blues piano bar.

Ok, I'm sure this has been covered before but I'm too lazy to check all the posts to find it. :p Can anyone use the showers in the spa/gym area? And...are there hair dryers or plugs for hair dryers up there? We have a cabin booked with 4 girls in it and thought taking advantage of this may help while we are getting ready for dinner and such.

The steakhouse was worth it for me for the spectacular presentations of the food and a delectable steak and salad. I was unimpressed with the waiters who had their sleeves dipping into the salad while tossing it and discussing personal battles at our table. I do recommend it regardless of these minor staff issues. Bring camera... I compare this to the Chef's Table on Ecstasy but without the explanations although with a diversified menu. I will do it again if I can on this ship as long as the waiters are not heard...

• 1 month later...

The Steakhouse was not worth it to my husband and me. We should have just gambled the $60 away. The service was poor and unfriendly. The waiter always served my husband first and then me. My husband ordered a $21 glass of wine with his steak and instead of bringing the bottle to show him that he was getting what he paid for, they bring over an individual-sized carafe and just pour it in the wine glass. Who knows what was really being poured. When you pay that kind of money, you want to see the bottle.

My husband didn't like his steak at all and finished less than half of it. I ordered the chicken and it was dry, but the flavor was good.

I felt the food in the Main Dining Room was way better, and the service friendlier.

Apropos of that, our wonderful Dining Room Waiter told us that as of the next cruise on the Conquest, the waiters are going to be given more tables in the dining room, 3 more tables each, I believe he said. So this cruise had great service in the Dining Room, but that could go downhill after this.

Ok, I'm sure this has been covered before but I'm too lazy to check all the posts to find it. :p Can anyone use the showers in the spa/gym area? And...are there hair dryers or plugs for hair dryers up there? We have a cabin booked with 4 girls in it and thought taking advantage of this may help while we are getting ready for dinner and such.

I've heard others on these boards talk about showering in the spa area. I don't know if there are hair dryers & plugs up there or not. You would think there would be, but surely someone on here that has done that will remember for sure.