Latitude Members

cruzfiend

At the Gold & Platinum latitudes levels you will get a Welcome Basket. Don't know what's in it though. Below that-no welcome gifts, unless you consider "tasty treat delivered to your stateroom two times during your cruise" at the Silver level a welcome gift (to me that's food and it's all over the ship ;) )

-Monte

We've gotten chocolates delivered to our room, the ship pins, and of course the cocktail party. Out of the 3 or 4 cocktail parties we've been to, we have actually won the prizes a couple times. Usually our main goal in going is to get as many rum punches and bloody maries as possible. :)

I sure hope that NCL doesn't start giving out fanny packs... what a fashion faux pas! :)

Platinum members also get a dinner at the Bistro. In addition on our last cruise we had dinner with the Captain at Cagneys. We got back to our room after a great steak dinner and found a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. So much for the diet.

We got pins, and this was our third cruise with NCL, but only the second on record with them. They can't find in their system where we cruised with them the first time, which was a few years ago.

Shay

osiebosie, enjoyed reading your recent review.:D

Regarding the missing cruise, do you by chance have anything at all - a ticket copy, credit card copy, Freestyle Daily, embarkation photo - most anything - that shows you were on the cruise?

Just fax it along to Miami and they'll credit you.

It's important to get it counted - they do mount up.:)

We just got off the Wind, my 3rd (although I don't think they ever counted my first one from many years ago) and DH's 2nd NCL cruise. There was a fruit basket and a bottle of wine in our cabin, plus we got the pins a few days later. There was nothing with the fruit basket/wine, so we never knew why we got it. We booked directly through NCL, so it wasn't from a TA...

We just took our first cruise at gold level. We got a welcome basket of fruit with a bottle of wine. They also delivered treats every day. Some of the treats were quite nice chocolate covered strawberries, chocolates, cookies, and shrimp cocktails.

Usually our main goal in going is to get as many rum punches and bloody maries as possible. :)

I would have to agree with you here - the only reason we go is for the free drinks - not too often you get free booze on a ship!

We were gold latitudes members on our most recent cruise on the Spirit. We had a welcome basket (fruit and a bottle of wine) in our cabin, treats delivered EVERY day (not just twice during the cruise, as is listed for this level) and sometimes twice a day, ship pins and gold latitudes pins (with a diamond chip), and travel journals -- very nice! We were in a balcony cabin.

Having sailed on NCL as many times as we have, we ran into crew and senior staff that we knew from prior cruises -- from the hotel director, to the bar manager and wait and bar staff -- it's amazing how they remember you! And many times when we went to "sign out" our bar bill, there wasn't one!!:D

RHIP -- definitely! And the biggest reason why we wouldn't spend our money on any other line.;)

Snorklinbarb,

I looked everywhere for some proof of that cruise, and I could find none! It was a few years ago, and I don't have my paperwork anymore, and we had packed our pictures away when we put our house on the market, so I just couldn't find anything. But I did try.

So, how many cruises does it take to reach each level?

Shay

Here's a question I hope someone can answer: We've just achieved Silver level, and basically there are 2 new benefits: Treats delivered twice and an "exclusive" gathering.....Does anyone know what this exclusive gathering is? I don't think it's the same as the VIP party for penthouse and suite guests......

Archived