Shampoo & Conditioner??

Iceteaqueen

New to the boards do we get shampoo & conditioner everyday from our steward? i don't know what to pack and was wondering if they provide us with shampoo, conditioner, and soap. i know with the new laws aboard airplaned you can only bring certain amounts so we want pack light. hope to hear from someone soon.:rolleyes:

I'm going on the Victory, does anyone out there have pic or personal response to there being dispensers for sure. I don't want to get on the ship and not have anything.

Victory does have the soap/shampoo dispensers, but I'd recommend bringing along your own conditioner.

The shampoo/conditioner provided by Carnival does not act like it has a conditioner in it. I thought it was just shampoo. My hair was like straw when I used just what was in the dispenser. I had to use my own conditioner when I did use their shampoo or I just used my travel size I keep in my toiletries kit. I guess if you have very short hair, it's not an issue.

We usually bring our own conditioner and our hair still feels like straw. I think it is the sun and/or salt water and/or ship water that makes your hair funky. We have used theirs and our own and it doesn't seem to make a diference. I do like their body wash. I think it's Lever 2000.

Yeah the soap's Lever 2000, and I love it. It's great. The shampoo... I don't recall any problem with it. You may have to repeat the wash to get the rest of the dried salt and stuff out, but I've always felt very clean after showers on board (especially after a good steam and sauna in the spa ;))

My last dispensers had Dove products - body wash in one dispenser and the shampoo/conditioner combo in the other. Before that, it was Lever 2000. Since they use a variety of products, you can't really say for sure which will be in your dispensers.

The amenity basket/bowl in the bathroom will also have sample size products of a variety of items...I've always had shampoo and conditioner in with those as well.

You'll still need EXTRA conditioning. That sea air is tough on hair.:rolleyes:

As a hair stylist, I recommend that you pick up some Joico K-Pak conditioning treatments. It will put the moisture back in your hair after the sun and salt water. I live in Florida and that is what I always use.

PS: I am Blonde:) , which means dry hair, you can figure out the rest:p . Hope this helps. No charge, LMAO;) .

Also, no one has mentioned that the 3 oz. limit for containers is for what you are allowed to carry on to the plane. You can pack a full bottle of conditioner is your checked luggage if you want. I bought a bunch of sample sizes and am bringing extra conditioner. I love trying new products, and then I have bottles to put some of my stuff in for when I go up to the cabin in the summer. Looks like what they have in the shower will help cut down on your packing- maybe just bring a sample size or two of conditioner. :)

Archived