Will I need a windbreaker? (3/07-4/07 Caribbean)

emd1

First cruise on RCI to eastern Caribbean, 3/31-4/7.

Would it be wise to pack a windbreaker-shell type jacket (very lightweight) just to have something to break the wind while walking on ship at night and while on the balcony (and in case it rains)? I am assuming this is the most I'd need on this itinerary.

Thanks in advance.

I don't carry a windbreaker, but do bring a small umbrella and sweater. It stays quite warm in the evenings. However, if you have poor weather, you may be glad you had it! Check wunderground dot com or weather dot com the day before you pack to see what is expected ...

I went to the Caribbean in February and took a sweater and ended up wearing it more inside with the air conditioning. It was dreary and cool when we left Galveston and needed something but not later. A windbreaker won't take much room. Why not take it just in case? Also, I am looking for a cute, cheap windbreaker myself. They all seem so masculine. Any ideas?

I always take a very lightweight windbreaker-type jacket and usually a sweater of some kind and maybe a hoodie too. It can be chilly cruising from some ports (our Galveston cruise this Dec. was 50's on embarkation and 40's the day we returned!) and I appreciate a jacket on most nights if I'm out on deck. I do, however, get cold easily. My husband hardly ever wears one.

As to interiors, I've found some dining rooms so cold I suffered, others just fine. So I bring one dressy sweater just in case.

Agree completely--always something for over the shoulders, jackets, sweaters, wraps, for dining room and shows and a/c public rooms; always a windbreaker--like the hooded ones best, great for windy days on deck, agree and also pack a hoodie cotton sweater, and don't forget long-sleeved tee and hat for all day shore excursions. my husband also packs a lightweight jacket, a golf sweater or two in cotton/silk, and has a sportcoat for the dining room and shows that works over a polo shirt on casual nites. I also stick in a very small umbrella--trying to be prepared for everything, and yes, our photos from a new years rotterdam cruise several years ago show us on shore in a daytime deluge huddled beneath my umbrella! Hope the weather is beautiful and you won't need any of these things--except for the a/c indoors!

Agree completely--always something for over the shoulders, jackets, sweaters, wraps, for dining room and shows and a/c public rooms; always a windbreaker--like the hooded ones best, great for windy days on deck, agree and also pack a hoodie cotton sweater, and don't forget long-sleeved tee and hat for all day shore excursions.

Why do I need a long sleeved shirt for the all day excursions? Is it to protect from the sun?? We are going on the safari in Belize and we are very pale and have to use sunscreen all the time but I can't imagine ever getting cold in Belize in February. Am I missing something? Thanks

Why do I need a long sleeved shirt for the all day excursions? Is it to protect from the sun?? We are going on the safari in Belize and we are very pale and have to use sunscreen all the time but I can't imagine ever getting cold in Belize in February. Am I missing something? Thanks

Hi,:) everyone has their own way of protecting themselves.

I prefer to use a high numbered sunscreen rather than wearing

long sleeves. Actually I won't be wearing longsleeves during the

day in the Caribbean.

Just remember the Caribbean sun is quite strong and if you are

going on an all day safari...just keep that sunscreen on you:)

First cruise on RCI to eastern Caribbean, 3/31-4/7.

Would it be wise to pack a windbreaker-shell type jacket (very lightweight) just to have something to break the wind while walking on ship at night and while on the balcony (and in case it rains)? I am assuming this is the most I'd need on this itinerary.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,:) good idea, yes. You probably won't need it but better to

be safe than sorry.

I also usually bring a cardigan. Easy to pack too.

You are sailing in March/April...just so you know, the

Caribbean is usually warm all year round:D

Archived