Hotel at Tampa Cruise Port

mef38

My friend and i will be sailing the Zenith on the February 19 sailing. We will need a hotel (not too expensive, so as not to cut into our bar bill allowance:D ) near the port for the night of the 18. Any suggestions?:rolleyes: We are from Montreal so do not know the area very well. Would appreciate any help.

thanks Wendy

Try "Gulf Coast Departures" for 100's of suggestions. It is a great thread.

To find it, go down to the right side of this page and look for the above mentioned thread and click on it to be taken to it. Then look for many topics for Tampa.

Tampa is a wonderful city to cruise from.

Are you flying in or will you need parking for your car?

Good luck! Bon Voyage! Deb C.

I stay at the Doubletree Westshore. They offer free shuttles from the airport and the port. Free parking for length of cruise and free contnential breakfast.

I understand that the Best Western Westshore is also good and they have an AAA rate of $71. Don't know about the shuttle.

As mentioned earlier, check out Cruise Critic's Hotel Suggestions for Tampa thread. It is packed with information.

When we cruised Horizon out of Tampa in 2005, we stayed at the Marriott Tampa Waterside Hotel which overlooks the cruise port. It is a little on the expensive side although some people have gotten good deals on Priceline.

Hi Wendy-

We sailed on the Legend of the Seas out of Tampa on Dec. 9, 2006 and stayed a couple nights pre-cruise. We had a good experience at the Extended StayAmerica Tampa-Westshore Blvd, near the airport. We booked this on Priceline and got a rate of only $40.00 night.

The service was excellent, free shuttle from the airport and during our stay, the free hotel shuttle took us to two excellent malls nearby. There are fun bars, nice restaurants and great shopping at the new International Mall, which is a short two block walk from this hotel. The night life was fun on Bay Street at the International Mall.

We used Tampa Taxi to get to the cruise port, 15 minutes away, and it cost 4 of us under $20.00 for the cab ride.

Our friends were so delighted with the hotel stay they posted this review on tripadvisor ... complete with photos.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34678-d87668-r6473850-Extended_StayAmerica_Tampa_Westshore_Blvd-Tampa_Florida.html

Hope this helps you .. have a great cruise! :)

When I cruised from Tampa a few years ago (on HAL), we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Ybor Historic District for two nights pre-cruise - and really loved it. It's just a block from the Centro district, with lots of restaurants, bars, shops, etc, as well as a trolley stop. The hotel didn't serve dinner, but they did provide a number of coupons to local places. They did serve a hot breakfast in the morning. We could also see the ship from our window on the morning of our cruise - it was great fun to check it out through our binoculars, and figure out which balcony was ours... If I remember correctly, the hotel shuttle to the port was free.

We just stayed at the Marriott Courtyard and it was very nice, clean and reasonable. About 1.5 blocks from here is a CVS(drugstore) which ended up being very convenient as of course we forgot some last minute items that we needed before we embarked. :p There was a free shuttle to the port. And a free shuttle that would take you to either Channelside or Ybor.

We stayed at the Chase Suites with free shuttle from airport and to port. I understand that they also will pick up at port and take to airport on disembarkation but we didn't use that service so I'm not sure. They used to have a cruise package that spelled this all out. Breakfast in AM, wine and beer with food in evening. Good buy and nice people.... Found out about it on CC.

The problem I had was that the dates I've been looking for are mid Feb and mid April and the prices have been very high. A room I normally pay $100 to $120 at the Doubletree Westshore is $199 to $239 for that time period.

I did find a consolidator (buyreservations.com) that had Amerisuites for $121 and Doubletree Westshore for $125 and $130 including 2 weeks free parking and shuttles too and from the ship. I booked through them for the Feb 18th date.

Archived