Holland America vs. Princess?

Tina G

The inside cabins on the Hal are good. There is enough storage room. We just finished a 14 day cruise on the Statendam. We usually stay in inside cabin, main deck and usually midship. We are in cat. L a little aft this time on the Amsterdam in Apr. We have had inside cabins on the Carnival years ago and they were okay, but we had one on the NCL Sea, wow was is tiny, never again. We plan to stay with the Hal just because of the inside cabin size, although we may try the Sun Princess next April, but in an outside cabin.

I know ships vary, but how are the inside cabins on HA?

I'm a cave-dweller and will attest to what the previous posters said---they are quite large, but this is only true on the S- and R-class ships. On the Vista's they are not very big. I haven't sailed the Prinsendam so won't speak to those insides.

I had an inside quad on the Noordam and it was fine for me and would have been all right for two. Four people and someone was going to die (and been happy to get out any way they could :eek: ).

Hi, I have been on HAL recently but not on Princess recently.

My short list of differences are:

HAL definitely has better room service. Full breakfast. Also they will deliver anything from the dining room menu at lunch (if it is open that day) or dinner time. The have a bigger 24 hr available menu which they do expand during lunch and dinner time as well as the dining room menu. This is a fantastic service!

HAL has wine stewards in the dining room. Princess and other lines no longer have a wine steward.

Princess has better hours for the buffet. HAL closes the buffet a couple of times during the day and late night.

Princess has more pools in general.

There is a neat site that has very detailed info on cabin sizes, I do a search and post it in the next message.

http://www.choosingcruising.co.uk/cruiseweb/Cruise_Ship_CL.asp?client=choosing

select a ship, the click on the cabin details button. It normally displays all cabin types, amenities and square feet. Right now it says database busy?? I hope it still works.

Enjoy your cruise!

happy cruzer: If you would post the site that shows cabins/sizes...that would be so helpful......if you have information on the Golden Princess as well........I'd like to see their cabins, as well!

This is purely for curiosity....I may keep the cabin we have and not nit/pick this thing to death........:o

Thanks for the help..... I know you guys are going to say, "just ask your TA to help with this", guess what...I did...and he couldn't help me. :rolleyes:

Hal

Free ice cream, not soft serve either,

BATH TUBS in almost all rooms

Good cookies,

off the menu room service,

Towels in the restrooms, not paper,

Flowers everywhere,

Delft,

Covered chairs on formal nights,

Fresh orange juice, watch them squees them

Belgim walfuls with fresh berries, whip cream

Dam dollars

Dutch hats

Volley ball games

Soft beds: ask for a topper

Better coffee (still not great)

Hi, I have been on HAL recently but not on Princess recently.

My short list of differences are:

HAL definitely has better room service. Full breakfast. Also they will deliver anything from the dining room menu at lunch (if it is open that day) or dinner time. The have a bigger 24 hr available menu which they do expand during lunch and dinner time as well as the dining room menu. This is a fantastic service!

HAL has wine stewards in the dining room. Princess and other lines no longer have a wine steward.

Princess has better hours for the buffet. HAL closes the buffet a couple of times during the day and late night.

Princess has more pools in general.

There is a neat site that has very detailed info on cabin sizes, I do a search and post it in the next message.

http://www.choosingcruising.co.uk/cruiseweb/Cruise_Ship_CL.asp?client=choosing

select a ship, the click on the cabin details button. It normally displays all cabin types, amenities and square feet. Right now it says database busy?? I hope it still works.

Enjoy your cruise!

:) Thank you for sharing the info on the choosingcruising website! I have added it to my favourites!

Archived