Room right next to elevator

ucane

Brother and I are sailing on the sun feb25-mar4....noticed are room is right next to an elevator on Viking deck. should this be a concern, or will the noise not really penetrate the walls? possible to relocate still? thanks!

I had a room near the elevator before. I did notice a bit more noise but not too bad.

The funny thing was that I kept hearing a "ding" and "ding-dong" sound and then I would wait to hear an announcement that never came. I even opened the door a few times to hear if the announcement was only in the hallways and not in the rooms. I finaly figured out the "ding" was for going up and the "ding-dong" was for the elevator going down. But after I figured out what the noise was it didn't bother me anymore.

Elevators don't make that much noise. Many have posted they didn't hear it. Frankly, I don't hear the elevator much when I am in one.

Not to many book a stateroom next to the elevator. I suspect many booking guarantees get asigned them, and when they get one next to the elevator, they want to pick another room instead without a price increase.

When you booked guarantee, you got a cheaper price and will most llikely get a cabin a deck or two higher.

Its amazing how many want it both ways. If you don't want a cabin near an elevator or under the buffet or pool, don't book a guarantee. Its that simple folks.

When you booked guarantee, you got a cheaper price and will most llikely get a cabin a deck or two higher.

Its amazing how many want it both ways. If you don't want a cabin near an elevator or under the buffet or pool, don't book a guarantee. Its that simple folks.

Deck or two higher, heck I got five decks higher...kudos to me. I also never recall saying I would like it both ways, nor did I suggest it. So your sarcasim wasnt really called for. Simply just wanted to know what to expect and if it was too bad, is it possible to relocate, thats all. I didn't say I would need to relocate, just wondered if it was possible. Indeed I did save money on the guarantee, if they booked me next to the boat propellers I would learn to deal with it. A little ding dong isnt going to ruin my cruise. I am actually embracing the "ding dong" now because I love the Southwest Airline commericials.

Deck or two higher, heck I got five decks higher...kudos to me. I also never recall saying I would like it both ways, nor did I suggest it. So your sarcasim wasnt really called for. Simply just wanted to know what to expect and if it was too bad, is it possible to relocate, thats all. I didn't say I would need to relocate, just wondered if it was possible. Indeed I did save money on the guarantee, if they booked me next to the boat propellers I would learn to deal with it. A little ding dong isnt going to ruin my cruise. I am actually embracing the "ding dong" now because I love the Southwest Airline commericials.

I've heard that cabins next to the elevators on the new ships..matter not:)

Enjoy your cruise!

Ucane,

My DW and myself are almost in the same boat as you, pardon the pun. We booked online and got a guarantee and then got a 5 level upgrade to deck 8. We are right next to a stairwell and right across from the elevator, Room 8334. We are also on the Sun the same date as you. Would love to compare notes with you on the noise. What room did you get?

Sounds like we can both be quite happy with our upgrades.

Mac:):):)

Was in the Spirit last April and was fairly close to the elevators. Don't remember any noise coming from the elevators although we did occasionally hear a loud mouth person walk past the cabin door. Did not hear most of the people, however. Door to the room was very heavy.

wow thanks everyone, good to hear it wont be a problem...looks like it can only be used to my advantage, hope to see everyone on board ill be the one at the blackjack table attempting not to go bankrupt!:D

wow thanks everyone, good to hear it wont be a problem...looks like it can only be used to my advantage, hope to see everyone on board ill be the one at the blackjack table attempting not to go bankrupt!:D

In November we were in 8556 (Dawn) and the late noise from Dazzles may be bothersome to some guests. On the 11/5 cruise there were nearly 700 guests <18 years old and the noise levels showed. :eek: The 11/12 cruise was MUCH better.

Elevators don't make noise but people sure do congregating at the landings. If you're on a gangway deck expect port days to have higher than normal amounts of chatter noise.

I agree that the rooms next to the elevators sound like a good thing. You don't have to spend all that time walking down a LONG hall to your room (& I think we all know that some of those halls can seem endless!). Less time walking to the room & back, more time having fun!

Archived