Bar bills

sea-u-later

On our South American cruise - Our bar bill was $2,400 for 14 days.:eek:

OMG!!! Again OMG!! How many ppl were there on this tab?

The biggest worry that DH and I have (1st cruise 2/11 on EOS) is the final bar bill. We can do some major damage in one night at our favorite watering hole - we are expecting a high bill but over $1,000 - did I say OMG?!

I would be interested to see more 7-day bar bills!

Highest was 800 but I bought rounds all week, bought almost all my photos, shopped on board, I worked to spend that. Average for the week including tips is usually about 300 or so. I think I drink a lot too. I can usually be found by the pool bar or at the dance club after dinner, right next to the bar..

On the last cruise we took there was a couple next to us in line and I overheard that their bar tab for a seven night ride was over $1100! Can anyone out there beat that?

On the Paradise last October (4 days) our S&S was $1100, but that included $300 in the jewelery shop, $100+ in pictures, regular tips, special coffees, etc.

Smooth Sailing - for a 94 year old ;) you are quite a prolific

(sp?) drinker! I want to tip my hat to you! I now think that I will need to check my bill day to day to make sure that my AmEx is not over the No-Limit Limit LOL - I sincerely do not want my bar bill to exceed my cruise bill - maybe 1/2 again as much................

and I will try not to be too lazy to go to my room for the free drink:D

$1100 for 7 days is quite reasonable imo!!! This last Cruise, which was by far the most expensive, was $2000 for the five of us (2 adults, 3 children under age 7). This included a $200 shore excursion, $550 in tips, around $150 in photos, the rest of it bar bill (kids smoothies were $8 each!!!).

Oops, forgot to add that it was an 11 day Cruise.

This doesn't top that, but is still pretty shocking. During disembarkation on our last cruise, the guys next to us were saying they paid $700 each for their cruise (3 or 4 in a cabin I think) and $1000 each to settle their account.

Viv

With the introduction of all you can drink soda for about $80 per couple over 7 days has that helped your bar bill at all?

I'm hoping to go to Bermuda and I'm also thinking the less days at sea with my butt plopped on a pool chair will help keep my bar tab down.

OH MY GOD!

I'm not much of a drinker, but this kind of money being spent on booze is just amazing to me. I think I had 1 drink and about 3 sodas on an 11 day cruise for a total of about $15.00 and my friend had about 3 martinis for about $30. I would say our bar tab was only about $50 including drinks and tips. I thought about the soda card, but I don't drink that much soda to pay for it's cost. I drink water, tea, coffee, lemonade. We did make mimosa's with our free bottle of champage for about a week.

Now pictures was another $110 and tips were $110 pp. We made a couple of purchases in the ship stores. Our final Account bill was $480. Until the last day of the cruise with all the sales, I found a teardrop diamond pendant I couldn't live without, and she found a pinkie diamond ring. So our final tally came to $950 for 11 days cruising.

It's all what you want to spend your money on. I'd rather have something to show for my money, than paying the exhorbitant fees they want for drinks. The same with the specialty (extra cost) restaurants. I've already paid for my meals and drinks with the cost of the cruise, I'm not going to pay extra to go to a fancy restaurant on-board. If I want to do that, I can go to a fancy restaurant here at home.

Archived