Explorer 5 Day Bermuda

Anyone have experiences to share on the Explorer's 5 day Bermuda cruise? Is it a problem being docked at King's Wharf instead of the smaller ports? Any experiences would be appreciated.

We did the 5 night on the Explorer last October and we loved both the ship and Bermuda. No problems being docked at Kings Wharf at all and it is a beautiful area! If you want to go to Hamiliton the ferry is steps away from the ship and it's a great 25 minute ride with beautiful views of the island. We are going back in June on our way to the Caribbean. You'll love it and it's a great cruise! :)

Wife and I prefer to dock at Kings Warf. Everything you need is there, food, shopping, activities, and the beach and as stated a beautiful ferry ride into town.

I agree! I think Kings Wharf is the most picturesque of the three Bermuda ports (and I've seen them all)! I loved docking there on both Explorer and Grandeur. I'd return in a heartbeat!

Family of 4 just returning from Bermuda 5 day from NJ.

Being docked in Kings Warf was just wonderful. We had some great views and got pleanty of pictures! You'll love it!

p.s. aqhacruiser and I were on the ship together and I agree with her!! :D

We loved it last year. We actually rented a moped, which is a 5 minute walk to the rental shop and toured the island and the next day we took the ferry into Hamilton. Bermuda is absolutely beautiful and the ferry or bus can take you to other parts of the island. We loved it so much we are going back this year.

Anyone have experiences to share on the Explorer's 5 day Bermuda cruise? Is it a problem being docked at King's Wharf instead of the smaller ports? Any experiences would be appreciated.

We did this trip in 2005 and had such a good time that we're going again in May. Worst part is that it's only 5 days:p

Yes, we too did the 5 day to Bermuda on the Voyageur, and the only negative thing about the whole trip was...

TOO SHORT.

5 days is too short, really! By the time we were unwound and in holiday mode, it was time to come home. :(

But Bermuda is so beautiful, that it made us want to go back, for a longer visit!! :)

And the Dockyards IS a lovely area to be at.

Thanks for the opinions and pictures! Sounds like a great cruise! Is it always expensive though? I'm seeing on some sailings that the 9-night is about the same price, departing either before or after the 5-night, looking at dates in July and August.

Thanks for the opinions and pictures! Sounds like a great cruise! Is it always expensive though? I'm seeing on some sailings that the 9-night is about the same price, departing either before or after the 5-night, looking at dates in July and August.

Bermuda is an expensive destination and those cruises will always cost more than Caribbean cruises. Well worth it though! :D

• 1 month later...

That is our dilemma 5 day on the Explorer or 7 day on the Empress but we opted for the 7 day again. They also have one 7 night on the explorer to Bermuda on Nov 4 but is also goes to Boston and I am not sure why they picked Boston in November, I think it would be a little on the chilly side.

The trip of 5 days is too short. We did this last June because of family issues and wanting a larger ship than the one out of Philly. I would prefer the 7 day from Philly as they do a better job of providing parking than Bayonne. We loved Bermuda and would have prefered the extra time that the 7 day provides.

Several people from work went from Philly and the question I had do you need to be on the ship when it moves from Hamilton to St Georges. The answer is no.

If you want to go on a great snorkeling advernture go on web and look up Jesse James - he provided a great trip and his wife went out of her way. Since we had 9 people in our party they came to Kings Warf to pick us up. There were 3 peolpe from the Philly cruise that came along on this excursion.

Bermuda any way is a great place to go. I will leave you with this last thought - everyone says Bermuda is expensive - Can of Coke in Bermuda was $1.25 and on the ship it was $1.50 - you be the judge!

Archived