Anyone use seasick bracelets

sailorgin

Hi,

Anyone ever use the sea-bond writbands for neausea at sea. I`m looking for a drug free way to get rid of neausea. I`m going to the southern caribbean (the beautiful Pearl!!!). we book an inside cabin rather low so hopefully that will be somewhat stable!

Hi,

Anyone ever use the sea-bond writbands for neausea at sea. I`m looking for a drug free way to get rid of neausea. I`m going to the southern caribbean (the beautiful Pearl!!!). we book an inside cabin rather low so hopefully that will be somewhat stable!

I always use them, love them:)!

I have also heard ginger helps. I believe you can get tablets. Dont know if you consider ginger a drug. I found they usually serve ginger something in the dining rooms the first night to help people till they get their sea legs.

I find it helps.

Also I just have to look forward when sailing out of port some optical illusion gets me nauseated if I look backwards while the ship is sailing forwards.:rolleyes: I cant explain it.

Hoping you have calm seas.

I use them and they work. maybe it's all in my head, but who cares. This time we are sailing out of NY and I expect higher seas, but I had that once going to Bermuda. Everyone was holding on, the boat was swaying, and I was ok.

Seabands work through acupressure.. but they don't work for everyone.

Ginger will calm an upset stomach. Buy some candied ginger.. or go to a health food store (Whole Foods) and buy some REAL ginger ale (make sure it lists ginger in the ingredients, and not "ginger flavoring.")

Due to the stabilizers on the modern ships, your chances of getting seasick are reduced quite a bit from the old ships.

Note that not everyone gets seasick. I never have... and I go on small tall ships in Force 8 and 9 storms. Although.. there's always a first time! :)

They can be very uncomfortable and are hard to be sure they are positioned correctly. However you can buy Relief Band which sends an electric pulse and is easy to know when it is positioned right, it blocks the signal to the brain and it works very very well it was invented for Chemotherapy patients and also used by Pregnant women for morning sickness. I swear by them. They are however somewhat expensive but I have used mine on my last five cruises, just replacing batteries.

Personally I think the bands are worthless. I do a lot of fishing offshore and fortunatly I have never been seas sick no matter how big seas are. My FIL where these bands and he does fine on the cruise ship on calms days but I remember him being sick once when seas were kicking above 10ft that day. The staff were lining up bags along the ship that day too.

I took him fishing once and the seas were not really that big. We had to end the trip short. I think they might work because they hurt your wrist so much that you can't concentrate on anything else but the pain.

They can be very uncomfortable and are hard to be sure they are positioned correctly. However you can buy Relief Band which sends an electric pulse and is easy to know when it is positioned right, it blocks the signal to the brain and it works very very well it was invented for Chemotherapy patients and also used by Pregnant women for morning sickness. I swear by them. They are however somewhat expensive but I have used mine on my last five cruises, just replacing batteries.

Are "Seabands" and "Relief Bands" different products and work differently or just diffenent products with the same principle? I've heard that the electrical stimulus for some reason has a higher incidence of sucess.

I know the transderm scope works, but I have seen some be sick from the patch. OH! Be careful with that scopalamine. If you get it on your fingers and rub your eye your pupil will dilate. That might nauseate you.

Archived