Question for Seabourn Sailor's

Martita B.

Sailor's,

Since our CC board has been a 'lit slow this week I thought I would ask this delicate question.......please post your opinions, ideas and solutions.

Question: If you are enjoying a voyage on a Seabourn ship and there happens to be Guest's aboard who tend to conduct impropriety and tend to misbehave in an unladylike/ungentleman like manner, how would you handle this? I'm not talking about funloving, mischievous, or good sporty conduct~~~~~just bad and improper behavior.

I think I would just ignore them~~~~but what might you do?

This is a hypothetical question.:rolleyes:

Martita B

I think I would just ignore them~~~~but what might you do?

Martita B

Because of Seabourn's size the real problem is where this person goes. If for example the problems occur at the Sky Bar and you love spending time at the Sky Bar, this could make your time there not good.

On the Mariner I was seated with the Opera Lecturer from H_ll three nights for dinner and outside of running out for a lot of Smoke breaks... I lived thru it. :p

Blackie,

I have had a few "dinner experiences" myself~~~~ha ha ha I made

the best of the situations, as you did. Worse one was when two of the table Guest's starting fighting over politics~~~~~yellin' and pointing fingers, etc......no one could stop their arguing! Needless to say the host Officer did not order desert~~~not did any of the rest of us! We simply strolled out~~~~

Happy Sails

MB

If the behavior were really inappropriate and disruptive I think my first step would be to contact the Hotel Manager or Security Officer so that they could deal with it. Of course, that is no guarantee as the security officer failed miserably on a Legend Panama Canal cruise in December 2005 when confronted with a problematic passenger. However, they are much better equipped to take care of such issues than I am since throwing people overboard is not an option!!!!!

One of the reasons I love crusing with Seabourn is that you rarely if ever experience disruptive or offensive people. :)

I've seen plenty of disruptions in the trivia parlour ...:D... but I don't think that's what Martita is talking about.

On the first night we sat by a couple who were nice to us but the man loudly sent his steak back two times and complained about it on the third try. (He kept looking at my steak, but I didn't share.) We just avoided them for the rest of the cruise.

Luckily, that's about the extent of my "rude behavior observations" on SB. Hopefully the Canal cruise was an anomaly.

johnny

Of course, the best-of-the-best rude person story was the evening the "nice lady in black" leaned far over the dinner table and ask me,

"Welllll, who are you anyway????" and I didn't know~~~~~:confused:

This true saga story has traveled far and near and all a'round Seabourn~~~~

Was one of Deborah's favorite stories to tell:D ~~~I now have great big black button/pins that read: WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY

(I'm going to need to order more, 'cause everybody wants one)

Ha ha ha Only on a divine Seabourn sailing would this occur!

Cheers~~~~

Martita B.

We came across a small amount of "obnoxious" people on our cruise, and just made sure we avoided them as much as possible. There was really only one, that my husband found necessary to put back in his place.

The story was told in my Blog and in here at the time, but for those who didn't read it, I will tell the story again!

We were on a "Hosted" table...the Host was an entertainer, a comedian...and I'm sure must have made a routine from this particular dinner! On my right was a lovely man from Canada...I believe a neurosurgeon......on my left an obnoxious twit from Sydney....said he was a solicitor...found out later he only did conveyancing, which here is probably the "lowliest" job in a Law office. This person first tried to attack the Canadian man.....no matter what he said, the twit would argue and try to prove him wrong. He then proceeded to argue with everyone on the table......made for a very unpleasant atmosphere.

The straw that broke the camels back though, was when he reduced our wonderful waitress to tears. If anyone has had Donna (English girl) serving them, they will know how fantastic she is at her job and what a lovely girl she is. At the end of the meal the twit went to shake hands with my husband who replied "I will not shake your hand, you are the rudest person I have ever met". From then on, this man was only ever seen in the company of two American women, a mother and daughter....I just pray that they could see through him. He never associated with any of the Aussies on board, not even attending our very important ANZAC Day Service.......throwing someone overboard may be illegal, but I bet he would have been worried about it! ;)

Of course, the best-of-the-best rude person story was the evening the "nice lady in black" leaned far over the dinner table and ask me,

"Welllll, who are you anyway????" and I didn't know~~~~~:confused:

This true saga story has traveled far and near and all a'round Seabourn~~~~

Was one of Deborah's favorite stories to tell:D ~~~I now have great big black button/pins that read: WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY

(I'm going to need to order more, 'cause everybody wants one)

Ha ha ha Only on a divine Seabourn sailing would this occur!

Cheers~~~~

Martita B.

Miss Martha,

I want one of those buttons. If you recall we had a few of those less than gracious guest on our last cruise together.

Ollie has a recalled a certain couple at the skybar that needed to walk the plank on numerous occaisions.

And we are certainly not speaking of Nelson.

Regards,

McBoo:) :) :)

BB...I'm not quite sure how long he was onboard, but I think it would only have been 10- 14 days. Some of the crew "knew" him so he must sail Seabourn regularly.......those who did know him didn't have anything nice to say about him. He is quite young, think he needs his snotty little nose wiped!

Mr Mcboo,

Honey, where have you been? I've worried myself sick over you and Mr. Ollie:confused: Sooo thrilled you're back with us! Please don't go off again~~~~~~:confused:

Yes, you and Ollie need one of the "WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY" button/pins~~~~On my recent Christmas voyage half the ship wore them......they are shiny dark black with white lettering~~~very attractive:eek:

The nice lady in question (wearing the black) at the hosted dinner table was stunned when the sweet waiter set escargot in front of me. She loudly ask, "where did you get THAT?" I replied, "Oh, I believe it came from the kitchen"~~~~~she said, "it was NOT on the menu.......I want some!" (of course, my standing order had been made, with the Maitre'D the day I embarked) When our sweet waiter came back to the table I motioned for him....."and requested the lady in black her escargot for the following evening." After crouchin' down in my chair, akin to the 'lit Matchstick girl, I decided I needed to take my leave ~~~~~that's when she shot me down with:" wellll, who are you anyway????" (poor me......I didn't know)

I sweetly told the table how very much I had enjoyed being with all of them and stomped up to the Club to meet my friends........... to ask them,"WHO ARE YOU"~~~would you believe NOT one of 'em knew???? And we were in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean!

Soooooo the true saga goes on~~~~and on.

We should ALL wear the buttons!;)

An unknown Sailor woman:o

Ceejay,

As to the button/pins, you certainly need one~~~I'll see if I can not send you one~~~I'm thinking or redesigning them: Navy pin, with the Seabourn logo faintly in the background, and the letters in gold: WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY?

Good friends of mine met yesterday on the Legend (in San Pedro, Cal.) up at the Sky Bar~~~yep, you guessed it, "one was proudly wearing the "who are you anyway" pin! " I'm sure when Staff Captain Nils, stopped by for his glass of Champagne, he said, "ah ha, you must know the Cowgirl!" ha ha ha

Another small true story: Last year on the Pride my good friend Miss A. was on her way to her suite--which is always located midship Deck 4 (she's aboard from Jan. to end of Oct.) She was standing by the elevator when a couple stopped, looking very perplexed and lost~~~she then overheard the lady say, "welll, what floor is this?" Her husband said, "it's Deck 4"~~~~~with that she said, "OH no, Ralph, we are on the wrong floor---this is the poor deck....come on, we're up on 6 !!!" Wellll, of course, Miss A. laughed and snickered all the way home......she told this over dinner that evening! We all howled~~~'surely wish Miss "Queen" A. had had her button/pin on!!!

'Little did the nice couple know Seabourn has NO inferior decks!:confused:

Happy Trails and Sails:o

Martita B

I too have only had one experience that counts as really boorish behaviour. On my first cruise with my mother, we were at a cocktail party in the Constellation lounge. The water was quite choppy and we were early and snagged two of those comfy seats; mingling was one at one's own risk. A group of 12 from South Carolina came in and were moving those heavy chairs to sit together and asked my mother (who weighed a lot less than the chair and was a lot older) to move hers. She asked them if perhaps it would be more convenient for them if she left her seat. (There were none left and they knew that). They said yes, because they were all together. She got up, told them to take her chair, made her way to say 'Thank you' to our hosts (party hadn't started yet) and let them know of the very rude behaviour of some of the guests. (This from the woman who took my brother and me on a personal 'sit in' in '52!) This group was observed as being loud and boisterous throughout the cruise, but kept to themselves for the most part.

Jane (currently locked behind the fire doors for the Crew Drill)

PS: Martita, Daniel from the Pride wait-staff on the Ryder Cup trip sends you his best wishes and is waiting for you to return on the Legend so he can take care of you!

Thank God I can say that I have only had 1 experience on Seabourn regarding inappropriate behavior. It involved the dance floor at the club, a "pack" of women, and the leader who physically attacked me (and NOT in a nice way!) Thats the only time.

Host Dan

Archived