Bring alcohol home????

cruizmama

You have to pack it in your suitcase. I would suggest bringing bubble wrap and 2 1/2 gal ziplock bags to pack the liquor in and thus protect your other items in case of breakage. We packed 4 bottles that way and had no breakage, but we made sure we packed clothes under, over and around each ziplock bag

We have been to St. Thomas many times and always stop at AH Rise to purchase liquor. Are they selling any special packaging or shipping arrangements? I would be nervous putting bottles in my luggage because of the danger of breakage. Any information?:cool:

TSA will not allow it past security. It has to be in checked baggage.

If you are willing to risk the theft or breakage and do not already have too much luggage, you probably can check the liquor box and hope for the best. I would not risk it. So many ways in which it could be 'lost' or broken.

Until they change the rules or come up with some way to handle the liquor other than putting it in our luggage we're going to pass on bringing stuff home. One, we run our weight limit pretty much right up to the max on our bags as it is. Two, I don't figure we save anyway near enough to take the risk of having something break and potentially ruining our clothing.

Last November I bought 8 bottles in St Thomas thinking that American Airlines would let me check the boxes ( I called before we left and I was told that I could). Well we get to Miami and guess what, I was told by AA staff that if the boxes did not fit in my bags they were not going on the plane. Good think I brought an extra large canvas gym type bag along and was able to put both boxes in the bag and check with the rest of my luggage, Everything arrived unbroken but I don't know if it was worth the hassle.

Archived