Spa treatments at half price

emd1

Are RCI ship spa treatments are half price on shore days? I have seen one reference to this on this board, but only one. I am traveling on Voyager and would like to plan to take advantage of this one morning before getting off the boat if it is true.

Thanks in advance.

I've heard that also - although I have never had it confirmed. This February will be my first cruise with RCCL. I'm quite sure the 1/2 price was offered on Celebrity. My TA is coming here tonight - I'll ask her - see if she knows.

The spas on all the ships in my cruises have offered port day discounted rates, but I have never seen anything for half price. I have read on these boards that if you get to the spa early you may be able to volunteer to be a "model" for some treatments during that first day's spa open house.

I just got off the Explorer on Sunday from a B2B. They only offered $10 discount off of most services for port days. We did the Rasual Treatment on the morning we were in Cozumel....it was supposed $10 off...They did not ring it up that way...we had to ask twice before someone would do it. Finally I said nevermind, and used my Crown and Anchor platinum coupon for the spa that allowed for 15% off....in the long run I this was cheaper. (they do not let you combine port day "specials" with the C&A coupon.

Marinda

The first day of your cruise as soon as you eat go to your room and throw down your stuff and go do the spa tour. They have many specials for the week but none are half price. In dec, the explorer had a deal of like 6 treatments for 109 or 129. It had a facial, manicure, head massage, foot massage and a few others on it to choose from or you could do them separately. I had a endodermabrasion facial that was a lot cheaper than the one I just had at the Elemis Spa in the Alladin in Las Vegas. We also did a couples swedish massage that was the same price in Vegas as on the ship but was longer on the ship or so it seemed! The hubby got one this time that was 40 minutes. My facial didn' include the hydralift treatment that I recieved on the ship. So looking forward to doing that again next month on the Explorer. There were many 89 specials that included two or three treatments on port days once disembarkation happened and before the ship leaves for port...note those little rules!

Has this ever happened to you?

I've had spa services on several cruise lines. Pedicures, facials, massages (the Rasul on RCI was fabulous!) Imagine how disappointed I was when after my last facial, the girl came out with a bag of products (for me to purchase) for about $500!! Excuse me, but when I pay 2x what a facial costs at my local spa, I don't expect to get pressured to purchase more stuff!

Any ideas how I can avoid this in the future, or am I just stuck with enduring it if I want to have a spa treatment?:confused:

Let the employee know when you meet and discuss your services that you are getting, that you are not interested in buying products at that time. You can save plenty of time and aggravation if you are clear in your message. If you really like some product that they use, you still have the opportunity to ask about it, and the price, then let them know you will decide later. Just be a diplomat, if possible.

Let the employee know when you meet and discuss your services that you are getting, that you are not interested in buying products at that time. You can save plenty of time and aggravation if you are clear in your message. If you really like some product that they use, you still have the opportunity to ask about it, and the price, then let them know you will decide later. Just be a diplomat, if possible.

Curious if the quality of your treatment changes when they know up front that you won't be purchasing any product? It shouldn't...............but you never know. I have waited until after the treatment and then told the spa employee that I wasn't interested in purchasing anything. Curious how others have handled this? I do know that I see many passengers leaving the spa with bags full of products. I'm sure some of them have felt pressured to buy..................and it's so easy when it goes on your SeaPass card. It's too bad that there's such a sales pitch after a relaxing spa experience.

Earlier this month, I took particular note of the "port day discounts".

My Diamond coupon booklet had a coupon for 20% off any spa service. That's the discount they were offering on a few services on port days. SO........I could get the same discount by using my coupon and get the massage or whatever when *I* wanted it.

Archived