the best day to book chops?

Book as soon as you board, they fill up quickly. As far as best day - we're opting for formal nights this next cruise. We've decided it's too much trouble and extra baggage to bring dresses, dress shoes, suits etc. You'll love Chops, it's great!

Have fun!

Book as soon as you board, they fill up quickly. As far as best day - we're opting for formal nights this next cruise. We've decided it's too much trouble and extra baggage to bring dresses, dress shoes, suits etc. You'll love Chops, it's great!

Have fun!

What's the dress code for Chops? You don't have to dress up on formal night if you're dining there? I hope that's correct. We are not planning on bringing any dress stuff either .

Is there a maximum number of nights Chops will accept a reservation from you? Can you book 2 nights on a 7 night cruise? Or 4 nights on a 14 day cruise? Just curious if anyone has been told they cannot book. Your response is appreciated. Thanks

There is no limit of times that you can book for chops. We were on the Mariner in December and they had a standing reservation for us everynight (one week cruise). However, I believe if you make a reservation and do not show up they will charge you a nominal fee.

We always determine which nights we want Chops by the menu in the dining room. Get a copy of the menu for the week and figure out which meals you dislike the most.

Carribean night in the main dining room seems to be a popular night for the speciality restaurants. I guess that menu is the least popular of the week. On our cruise for that night, I ate off the part of the menu that repeats everynight, but when I saw my tablemate's Jerk Chicken I was sorry I didn't try that.

Another good time to go is when the ship is in port..........if you get back early from an excursion........go early in the evening.

Seas days are much busier.........but do book when you get on the ship.

Another good time to go is when the ship is in port..........if you get back early from an excursion........go early in the evening.

Seas days are much busier.........but do book when you get on the ship.

We ate at Chops twice on our New Year's Enchantment cruise, both times on port days, but for the opposite reason.

We have early/main seating, and we didn't want to rush back from Cozumel or Grand Cayman, so we made 8:30 reservations at Chops.

I always speed-walk straight to book after boarding on embarkation day.

It does vary from ship to ship, and from voyage to voyage. I got the feeling that Chops was NOT fully booked this past trip.

Do you book these restaurants at the restaurant itself or is there a central location you do the booking? Thx in advance.

I believe you have to go straight to the restuarant. Not positive though. I know of NOS, Portofino's and Chop's are across from one another. I am heading right there as soon as I board and then right to Spa to book hair appointment on formal night while hubby takes daughter up to Windjammer to start lunch. Then I can RELAX!!

I too am doing what someone above stated. We have early seating which is 6pm and we are in Cozumel until 7pm and we have a dolphin encounter at 3:30pm. I am hoping to get a 8:30 or so reservation and then I can relax and not rush. Hubby will take my daughter to windjammer for dinner that night while I get ready and then we will drop her off at the kids club for a nice late dinner!

We are also trying the other restaurant too but I am not sure what day yet. I will look at the menu first and decide.

HTH

Do you book these restaurants at the restaurant itself or is there a central location you do the booking? Thx in advance.

We make our reservations the day we board...on the phone in our room. They even know your room number and name when you call...(it's a modern marvel - caller ID)

Or, pick up a house-phone and call the restaurant...

LL

i have read from other threads and reviews that if you go directly to the restaurant to book they can show you the dining room menu for the week. again, this is hear-say. but, the two first things we are going to do on our cruise it buy a wine package and reserve at chops!

Archived