Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

being under the gym area I couldnt see where the cabin would have no noise issues-- unless they sailed during a time when people were not using the gym.

Gym does close at 8pm-- so on their sailing the times were probably strictly enforced-- not worth taking the chance-- as you saw yourself first handed.

We booked late but received a confirmed room on the Aloha deck on the Crown. I noticed that there is "white space" above our room and was told by the Princess reps (several times) that it is just a storage area for linens etc. Thought that might be ok, shouldn't have crew in there at night?

Anyone ever been under storage areas?

Thanks!

Debbie

We just booked the back of the ship (Victory). Rooms 6463,6465, and 6467. Suppose to have 60 sq ft balconies instead of 35 sq foot ones. How about noise? Anyone? Thanks so much!

If you are early to bed type of people you dont want those cabins-- but going tobed about 11pm you should be fine.

You are on top of the Adriatic Lounge which a band starts playing in about 9pm but done by 11pm.

We had 6440 on the Victory and 6350 on the Destiny. I prefer my cabins closer to the waters.

It is a far walk to the stairs elevators but the halls are quiet back there.

Aft balconies do not get ocean breezes as side ones do.. keep your curtains closed during the day to keep your cabin cool.

Aft balconies are always bigger then the side ones/

Has any one had an obstructed view balcony on the Carnival Miracle? Any pictures? Thanks! :) :)

a cat 7A? (its the only obstructed balcony category)

depends on where the cabin is located to how much of the lifeboat will be outside your balcony.

2897805850098765041xaUETO_th.jpg

notice how narrow the balcony is on this cat cabin:

2656775870097515536lsubTD_th.jpg

I have some more at work-- will post them for your in the am.

I thought the anchors were forward. :confused:

I've been on ships that had a lot of noise aft when reversing/turning to dock or leave port but don't know that particular ship.

I always bring a "white noise" maker or small fan. Rooms are pretty quiet and I have to have that sound. But it better be MY noise maker, not a neighbor or something else on the ship! :p

Our very first cruise we were in an aft cabin on the Century. Whenever we were porting, the cabin would shake so much that the desk drawers would open! We also would hear the chairs scraping on the wood floor dining area above us as they were setting up about 6:00 a.m.

Having said that, having an aft balcony was still amazing!

Happy Crusing!

Kim.

Hi.... Serene,

You definately have alot of knowledge to share about this topic, so any info you can provide would be great....

This is the cabin we are booked on. (6454)..... can you offer any insights.... good/bad...

There are 3 of us in the cabin.

Anywhere I can find pics, etc as well...

Anything you can offer is appreciated.

thanks

Maria

This is the cabin we are booked on. (6454)..... can you offer any insights.... good/bad...

ahh, the aft cabin. BEing an aft snob I can tell you its an excellent choice.

Although you are above the lounge-as long as you are not early to bed type of people (pm) you should be good. When walking down the hall you will hear the music but not so much in the cabin. By midnight its done.

Your balcony will not get ocean breezes like the side one do so keep the curtains closed during the day to keep the cabin cool.

When leaving or entering port you could experience shuddering/vibrations but its not annoying or lasts long at all. When you pull into your home port for the last time-- and the captain "turns off the key" you will know your cruise has come to an end, everything suddenly becomes very quiet.

its a long walk to the elevators but the hall is quiet back here. People dont go where they dont have to on a ship.

is one in your party a child or are you all adults?

Maria: There is an edit button on your posts that allow you to go in and make corrections. Its only avalable for 20 minutes then it disappears.

It lets you go back in as many times as you want for those 20 minutes.

You can find your posts easily by clicking on your name- it gives you options- find all posts is one of those.

It was horrible! I stayed in one last week (10-20-07 sailing). There were 4 of us and this had to have been the worst room for us. It is on the panorama deck right under the spa. Oh yes, that includes the treadmills! The spa apparently closes at 8 or 10 to the guests, but then is open until 1 for the staff. It was so loud and shook my sons bed (the one from the ceiling). It sounded like a pounding headache would if it was audible! The throbbing and pounding was so annoying. Anyways, we went to the pursers about it almost every night, eventhough the spa manager agreed to unplug the machines above our room at 8 PM. She did not follow through with her promise. The pursers were great and we had no problem with them. They were very frustrated too. In the end, we got a $300 credit for our trouble... not a lot, but it was more than I expected. I would not recommend this room to anyone that can hear and plans to go to sleep before 1AM or sleep after 7AM.

:mad:

We had L103 on the Caribbean Princess which was directly under the treadmills. The noise was thump thump thump rhythmically. After a day or so we finally figured out it was the threadmills. They are surprisingly loud when you are below them and they start up in the morning. We didnt let it bother us, but the noise is there all day long, dont kid yourself. Anyone who says its quiet under the treadmills is kidding you too lol.

It was such a great room otherwise we were still glad we had it. Right by a door that led out to the front of the ship where some of us gathered to watch the sunsets. We really liked that part. They locked the door at 6:30 though, because folks could have seen into our window which was tinted, but once the sun went down the tinting doesnt work.

OK I booked before I read. And now I am reading this could be a bad area for noise. Anyone have any experience with this cabin? I didnt realize it was under the gym. looking at the deck plans it looks like it "might" not be directly under the gym and might be more of the spa area.

So has anyone stayed in this cabin? How hard is it to change a room once you book? I booked threw AA cruises.

Please advise. Thanks so much -Ken

OK I booked before I read. And now I am reading this could be a bad area for noise. Anyone have any experience with this cabin? I didnt realize it was under the gym. looking at the deck plans it looks like it "might" not be directly under the gym and might be more of the spa area.

So has anyone stayed in this cabin? How hard is it to change a room once you book? I booked threw AA cruises.

Please advise. Thanks so much -Ken

Ken- your cabin is under the sauna area- not to worry. (if you were in the cabin directly UNDER the tradmills then there is worry)

IF you wanted to change I see a lot of availabilty still. I would take a balcony lower and more towards the aft elevators for less travel to the lido deck/pools.

Thanks Serene! I do appreciate the information.

I Probably wont change if the noise isnt going to be a problem. I picked it thinking that it was away from everything and had easy access to a open bow balcony. I'm also one of those people who actually like rocking and swaying of a ship so being forward is actually a bonus. :)

Thanks again -Ken

Thanks Serene! I do appreciate the information.

I Probably wont change if the noise isnt going to be a problem. I picked it thinking that it was away from everything and had easy access to a open bow balcony. I'm also one of those people who actually like rocking and swaying of a ship so being forward is actually a bonus. :)

Thanks again -Ken

what is an open bow balcony? i never heard that term before?

what is an open bow balcony? i never heard that term before?

Well I probably made up the term since I didnt know what to call it. Its the outside deck balcony space right in front of cabins 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004.

We stayed in upper 6204 on the Glory (03) and had one. It was so much fun to hang out there and watch the ocean go by and the sun sets and stars at night etc.

I'm actually assuming from the deck plans that theres a public space there. I havent been on this boat.

-Ken

ahhh, now i know what you are talking about. We had friends on the EMpress deck in one of those cabins across the front.

2429094990062547426dIAfuA_th.jpg

i dont know if you can gain access to your deck there. I know on deck 8 and 9 the bridge takes up the space. the the Gym/Spa is above you. I see a stair on the deck plans.