Is it common for certified vacation planner to not return email?

I've never booked a cruise through RCI or used the 866 # until now. I booked a cruise on the phone Friday morning. I was hesitant to book then and there because there were a couple of questions I hadn't thought to ask DH ahead of time. The planner told me I could go ahead and book it and then she'd be happy to make any changes (even deck), if needed. I emailed her back within a few minutes of booking the two cabins because DH wanted to change decks. I have not heard from her yet, as of Monday close to noon. I was just wondering if this was typical. Also, maybe I'm just being impatient (cruise is 7 months away), but I want to get our plans settled. If I don't hear from her by email by tonight, I'm thinking about cancelling it and just rebooking with another planner. I'd like to do it on my own, but a friend said the certified planner can link the reservations which I can't do. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm learning so much here!

I booked our last two cruises with RCCL's certified vacation planners because we had a bad experience with a TA. I wouldn't recommend them if you want personal service. Both of the people I worked with did not answer e-mails. I would just call the CS number and speak to the first available rep when I had questions. I think you may get different answers and different levels of service from different reps as well. I'm beginning to think that a good TA that you can trust may be the best way to go.

keep in mind that the person to whom you talked does not work 24/7 and because they keep that number open at all times, the CVPs rotate their days off For some of them, their "weekend" could be Wed/Thu. Just be patient; remember they handle dozens of customers in a day so while your needs may be vital to you, the CVP has to balance your request with others. I suggest that if you are that impatient that you are considering cancelling a cruise just because you did not get an answere in 48 hours, you maybe should do just that. I feel certain that you will not do better with other cruise lines, RCCL has some of the best CVPs in the business, but they are very busy.

keep in mind that the person to whom you talked does not work 24/7 and because they keep that number open at all times, the CVPs rotate their days off For some of them, their "weekend" could be Wed/Thu. Just be patient; remember they handle dozens of customers in a day so while your needs may be vital to you, the CVP has to balance your request with others. I suggest that if you are that impatient that you are considering cancelling a cruise just because you did not get an answere in 48 hours, you maybe should do just that. I feel certain that you will not do better with other cruise lines, RCCL has some of the best CVPs in the business, but they are very busy.

Thanks, I worried I was being too impatient and appreciate your opinion. If I do cancel, I wasn't planning on booking with another line, just cancelling existing reservation that I didn't want and having another one booked (via another RCI planner) so I could get the deck I wanted. Being I want connecting cabins, I'm worried if I wait too long, there won't be any available.

Also, it's been three days that I've waited (not 48 hours), but do realize maybe she just had the weekend off. That's why I emailed to the boards to see if i was jumping the gun or if it was often that emails go unanswered for that period of time. Being I've never done it before, I'm not sure about a lot of things. Originally, when I spoke with her about making changes, she made it sound as if it could be done right away. I guess I'm just excited about the cruise and having a hard time waiting to get my reservations changed.

I booked our last two cruises with RCCL's certified vacation planners because we had a bad experience with a TA. I wouldn't recommend them if you want personal service. Both of the people I worked with did not answer e-mails. I would just call the CS number and speak to the first available rep when I had questions. I think you may get different answers and different levels of service from different reps as well.

Thanks. If I get more replies like yours, I'll give her another day and if don't hear from her, I'll just cancel and rebook with someone else on RCI. I think 4 days should be enough time for her to get my email and change to the requests I gave her.

Ask around for a reliable TA - that person can get you booked right away and link your cabins together. No problem whatsoever -- and if you get a good TA - lots of personal service! I am a TA and I try to answer email within 30 minutes of receiving it (unless it comes in during the middle of the night) -- I check my emails at least every 15-20 minutes.

Good Luck!

I'm not sure you really need to cancel. Just call RCCL again and talk to whatever CVP answers the phone. We've made LOTS of changes to our reservation (even price reductions!), and it's never been a problem. Also, I don't think I've ever spoken to the same CVP twice! They must have hundreds of them! ;)

Dont cancel.........You already paid a deposit right?? If you cancel, they may have to refund that deposit and take another one from you...if you just change(keeping the same booking number),you dont have to worry about refunds and new deposits..........

Just call and speak to whoever you get...........tell them you just want to chnage ships and /or dates..........

You dont need a TA to do this yourself.......and I hope this thread does not turn into ANOTHER TA or book direct thread.................to each his own..................

You dont need a TA to do this yourself.......and I hope this thread does not turn into ANOTHER TA or book direct thread.................to each his own..................

You are right -- not everyone needs a TA -- but, the OP here would most definitely benefit from a reliable TA. It's clear that the OP is not confident in booking and wants someones help -- which is exactly what we are here to do.

For those content and able to book themselves -- great - go for it. For those that need guidance and want help -- a great TA is a godsend!

To each his own is right......

You should be able to call RCI and make whatever changes you want to your reservation. You may not speak with the same planner that booked your cruise, but anyone can help you. There are also changes you can make on your own when you have your booking # - you can change cabins, switch dining times etc.

Good Luck! :)

Thank you for the advice, everyone. I have paid a deposit so thanks for letting me know I just change it vs. cancelling it. I'll do that. It's great to have a board like this so I can get my newbie questions answered!

You can change your own reservation online, you can also link your reservation to others if you have their reservation number

I do have the reservation number, it's for my kids. How would I link them together?

I have done most of my RCCL cruise bookings on the phone. I never speak to the same person who booked for me. I just call and talk to anyone who answers. They have all handled my calls and changes right away with no problems.

When I originally started booking that way I asked them, "do I call you back if I need anything?" She told me, "no, you can speak to anyone and they will all help you." And they have. ;)

I have done most of my RCCL cruise bookings on the phone. I never speak to the same person who booked for me. I just call and talk to anyone who answers. They have all handled my calls and changes right away with no problems.

When I originally started booking that way I asked them, "do I call you back if I need anything?" She told me, "no, you can speak to anyone and they will all help you." And they have. ;)

Oh that's really interesting, I suppose it just depends who you talk to. The lady I talked to specifically told me to email her, she was "kind of like my travel agent", she said. I didn't know any different, that's why I was so intent on emailing her. Very strange!

Thanks everyone, I'm off to get my deck changed by calling and talking to whoever answers!:D I sure hope there's connecting cabins!

Oh that's really interesting, I suppose it just depends who you talk to. The lady I talked to specifically told me to email her, she was "kind of like my travel agent", she said. I didn't know any different, that's why I was so intent on emailing her. Very strange!

Thanks everyone, I'm off to get my deck changed by calling and talking to whoever answers!:D I sure hope there's connecting cabins!

I have never had just one person in any of the 6 cruises I have done on the phone.

Please come back and let us know how you make out. Curious minds want to know?? Especially me, since you quoted me.:D

darn it...I posted and its not there:mad: I apologize if it repeats.........

Anyway, I was saying........I usually just talk to whoever answers the phone..................but this past Saturday,I booked a cruise..........when the rep sent me my email confirmation,he had added his name and phone number for any further questions I might have,,,,,

Please contact me if you have any questions:

Email: j*******@rccl.com

1-800-205-9812

Ext. 30***

So maybe RCCL is trying to be more like Carnival who have PVPS............:confused:

darn it...I posted and its not there:mad: I apologize if it repeats.........

Anyway, I was saying........I usually just talk to whoever answers the phone..................but this past Saturday,I booked a cruise..........when the rep sent me my email confirmation,he had added his name and phone number for any further questions I might have,,,,,

Please contact me if you have any questions:

Email: j*******@rccl.com

1-800-205-9812

Ext. 30***

So maybe RCCL is trying to be more like Carnival who have PVPS............:confused:

Never had that yet. Maybe on the next one I book I will get a special person. ? What if I don't want a special person? :rolleyes:

Truthfully, I would rather talk to anyone than have to wait for the person to come back from vacation or a day off, or whatever. I call all different days and hours to RCCL and C&A.

I am too impatient to wait for 1 person. :o

Anything yet on your credit?? It has to be soon.

In fact, I had to call today and spoke to whoever answered......

You havent been keeping up with out cruise credit thread,have you???Check out my signature...........got that credit last week.........:)

I called last night and the person who answered the 866 # helped me with no problems. We kept the same reservation numbers and just switched decks. She emailed me my new information.

Thanks so much everyone for helping. I really appreciate it. It also gives me peace of mind to know that if I'm lucky enough to get a senior discount appear (DH is 56) or a resident discount appear, I can just call and have any planner help me.

Hi Parrothead8,

Glad to hear you finally got it. I saw the 86 days and I thought you were changing the number every day like I did. I kept it up to date until I got the credit. I just dissolved my membership in the TMC and FMC. All is well in the world of earned credits. :D

No, I haven't seen that thread in a while. I have been a hit and a miss on here lately. The boards are terrible again. White pages, no posts, can not find server, fatal error. I love that one. Makes you feel like you are going to self destruct any second. :mad: I just had three of these trying to get on here to answer this one. Have you both noticed your postings have not shown up when you try to read them??

Hi castleforus,

I am also glad to hear you had no problems changing your cabin. Any time you have a question for RCCL, you just call and anyone there will talk to you. It does not mean you will get the correct information, but anyone will talk to you. If you think it is not correct, try three phone calls and take the two answers that match out of the three. :o :D Just having a little fun with you. ;)

Hi castleforus,

Any time you have a question for RCCL, you just call and anyone there will talk to you. It does not mean you will get the correct information, but anyone will talk to you. If you think it is not correct, try three phone calls and take the two answers that match out of the three. :o :D Just having a little fun with you. ;)

Fun is good, now that I have it changed I have a sense of humor!:p

I had a really good talk with a planner and he emailed me so I emailed him some questions back and waited for him as i felt some loyalty for the help he gave me well it is 10 days later and i am still waiting!

I just phone now, it is fast and low wait times.

Archived