Anyone bought a "Miracle" swim suit?

mfp_iowa

On Feb 11 I'll be on my first cruise. I'm not a swimmer and not much for sunbathing, but I'm sure I'll spend some time in a swimming suit. I'm a 16W-18W, and a friend recommended buying a "Miracle" swim suit.

Well, I tried one on. I thought it would take three men and a truck to get it on me...very girdle-like, but you know, it sucked everything in and smoothed out the bumps. Now, I NEED a miracle like that, but it costs $145! On-line, I've found it for $9 less, but with shipping, it's a wash.

Has anyone bought one of these suits? Were you thrilled with it, or is it just like the other suits you have? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it. (Now, if only if went to my knees to cover up these legs!)

Francie

Yes, I've had one! I bought one several years ago after I had my first baby (it's funny, the baby fat is still there... lol) and liked it. I was fortunate though - it was almost $100 at the time (almost 7 years ago), but the store was having a sale, plus I had a coupon. SO... the $100 bathing suit ended up being around $40'ish. It was a one piece and smoothed out those parts I wished weren't there; however, it was still a bathing suit (YIKES!) and made me feel fat anytime I had to sit down (the curves still bulged...) or bend over. I haven't bought another since (and my old one is long gone from a highly concentrated pool of chlorine), but I would consider buying another one IF I could get a similar deal as the first one. For now, I like the tankinis - they aren't as clingy and make me feel better. It's definitely a personal choice and you should buy what you're comfortable wearing and what's affordable. Good luck!!! :)

Hi they are great suits but so expensive. They also run short if you have a long body.

I am a very full figured senior woman and have found a great web site for suits. I have a small pool and between that and crusing I usually have 3 or 4.

Try going to this web site and maybe you will find something. They are very resonable. Also I bought the miracle suit and paero new off ebay for $38

Just have to check often and know what style looks best on you.

Hope this helps

Swimsuitsforall.com

I have three of them and all bought on EBAY for under $50 each.

I have a black wrap one, the lime green upper and navy bottom one, and the one with the animal print on the upper and black bottom. I bought them all last year and look forward to wearing them again this year.

I was skeptical at first when bidding on the first but after receiving it and eventually getting into LOL it I was amazed and had to get two more!

Can you tell me how the sizes run with Miracle suits? Are they true to size, eg. if i wear a 16 in other suits will a 16 in Miracle suti likelu fit, or do you need to go up a size, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Buy the amazing Miracle suits at Shop4swimwear - look ten pounds thinner instantly!

from

http://www.shop4swimwear.com/miracle-suits.cfm

But now having worn it only half a dozen times the front has completely worn and looks a mess.

from

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/swimsuits/unbranded-womens-miracle-swimsuit.asp

(Raising my hand)

Me, I would pay that for a swimsuit that looks great on me ;)

I'm a believer that if you find a swimsuit (or any great article of clothing) that you love and fits you perfectly, spend the $$ for it. How many of us have great bargains in our closets and drawers that we never wear, but a few articles that we grab every time we're getting dressed?

A swimsuit, even when not often worn, is an article that you absolutely have to be comfortable wearing, no matter your size. I've had a Miracle suit and I wore it out, I have no idea what I paid for it, it was years ago. Even when the suit was still current, I considered buying a second one, that's how much I liked it.

So, don't look at value as merely the cost of the article. A $40 swimsuit that is never worn is no bargain, in comparison to a $145 suit that is worn. I'll bet that, if you buy the suit you feel great in, you'll wear it more than you anticipate. A $40 suit that you never wear, or only wear once, is a waste of $40.

I found that Miracle suits run true to size range.

Not sure what stores are in Des Moines, but here in Atlanta Filene's Basement and Loehmann's (both high end discounters) have Miracle Suits for $39.99. Around holidays, Loehmann's usually has an extra 10% off sale. Not sure if they're also on the stores' websites? I bought one last year and it really does hold everything in. I just wish it would hold in the parts (like thighs) it doesn't cover.

I actually feel sexy in this post-3 kids via Csection body!

Sorry, but that is worth EVERY penny!

It puts everything back where it was in the first place! (well, almost)

WORTH IT WORTH IT WORTH IT!

I found they look great on me. I like them because I have a very large chest and the built-in underwire bra gives great support. I think they ran true to size for me. Nordstrom carries Miraclesuit and they carry swimwear year round. If you have one nearby it might be worth a call or visit to see what size you are. Then you could buy it from Ebay or elsewhere with confidence in your size.

hi guys I have checked out the Miracle suits on line and found their Lycra content to be about 31%, while Land's End has slenderizer suits that have 45% Lycra. I think the Lycra is what sucks in our generous figures. I love their suits, lots of choices, and they also carry Long Torso sizes

hi guys I have checked out the Miracle suits on line and found their Lycra content to be about 31%, while Land's End has slenderizer suits that have 45% Lycra. I think the Lycra is what sucks in our generous figures. I love their suits, lots of choices, and they also carry Long Torso sizes

I have a few Lands End suits as well, they are great. I have to swim at work during the summer months and they really hold up well to the chlorinated pool at school.

I love the board information so much. You guys have trully been guardian angels of information. I have been getting really nervous about getting a swim suit because I have not worn one in about 17 years.:o So I have been fretting every day over what to do. I am going to look up the indicated sites suggested here and see what happnes. Our trip is in March (EOS 3/11) and I Have been exercising and dieting for the last 11 months but even with that dedication I was still freaking out over the swim suit issue. :)

Thanks for the heads-up on where to find the Miracle Suit for less in Atlanta.

The Loehmans I usually go to opens at 10 and since I got there early, decided to check out Ross (discounter like Marshalls or TJ Maxx).

Guess what? They too had a few Miracle suits - I purchased one for only $26.99!

I then went next door to Loehmans, just to see what they had, and the same suit was there - for $39.99.

So check your other discount stores too...

Gerri

Francie,

My vote is for a Lands End suit on sale on their website; Landsend.com. or better yet jcpenneys. If you never swim anyway why would you spend that much on a suit you maybe will wear 4 times? That's at least $36.00 each time you put it on! Get a cheap suit and a nice cover-up from jcpenneys and use the money you save to buy a drink by the pool. -Eileen

The Loehmans I usually go to opens at 10 and since I got there early, decided to check out Ross (discounter like Marshalls or TJ Maxx).

Guess what? They too had a few Miracle suits - I purchased one for only $26.99!

Wow, that's great. Gerri, was that in Atlanta? Which Ross did you go to? Sounds like one more place I need to look.

Suezy, there are 2 Loehmanns in Atlanta (that I know of). One is very close to the N. Druid Hills exit off I-85, north of downtown. The other one is near Perimeter Mall, but I've never been there so I can't tell you right where it is. Filene's is in a small shopping center diagonally across from Phipps Plaza mall. There's also a Target and Dick's Sporting Goods in the same complex -- those signs might be easier to spot from the road.

Elizabeth

I saw some miracle suits at Ross yesterday (shopping on Super Bowl Sunday is fun). I have a pool so I am always looking for swimsuits. I have one that I use on Celebrity's Thalassotherapy pools because the chlorine and salt water combination absolutely makes the design fade. Marshalls is just beginning to have swimsuits. Happy hunting!

I LOVE the Miraclesuit. They are not for sale in Canada so I bought one off Ebay. I too found I took one size larger than I usually buy . I was quite surprized by the person who said they were not of good quality- and fell apart! This has not been my experience with them at all. With any swimsuit you will get a little picking but just wash it by hand and you should be fine.:D

Archived