hotwire for renessaince hotel by pier (Ft Laud)

LSKC

our TA quoted us $340 thru princess for this hotel (Ren)... i just checked and there is a 4 star Las Olas/Downtown/Port Everglades area for $118.

is that the Ren for sure? are there other 4 stars in this area?

considering booking today.

also, if we purchase RBC travel insurance (cancellation, trip interuption insuarnce)... would our hotel be covered since hotwire will not refund? JUST IN CASE?

Several people have gotten the REN for around the same price. I noticed it varies just a few dollars less depending on the month your going. It hasn't been showing up as a boutique hotel lately.

When you say RBC insurance do you mean the cruiseline insurance? Hotwire offers insurance to cover hotel after you purchase your hotel with them. However there is a website http://www.insuremytrip.com that sells travel insurance. You can compare policies from different companies. You put in the total trip cost per person and your age. A list of companies with the cost for two people will come up and you can compare them and make a purchase if you want. A travel insurance plan will cover all covered cost including hotel. Hope this helps.

Yesterday I got the Renassance (sp) on priceline for $119.88 including tax i put in a bid of $95 or $100 This is for June 2nd. I put in 4 star hotel in downtown area I think. I was happy with the outcome, hopefully it will be a nice hotel. Anyone have any opinions on this hotel?

We won the Renissance in Ft. Lauderdale using priceline's "name your own price" feature for $95.00 for one night this upcoming April. The hotel's web site lists the same room for $299.00 a night. We're obviously pleased. :)

our TA quoted us $340 thru princess for this hotel (Ren)... i just checked and there is a 4 star Las Olas/Downtown/Port Everglades area for $118.

is that the Ren for sure? are there other 4 stars in this area?

considering booking today.

also, if we purchase RBC travel insurance (cancellation, trip interuption insuarnce)... would our hotel be covered since hotwire will not refund? JUST IN CASE?

So, what did you decide?? Also, you don't have to buy the cruiseline's insurance. I always go with www.travelguard.com. They offer great rates.

Recently there has been a 4 star pop up for the Weston - Plantation - Davie area, and it's a mystery as to who that is.

Anyone of you guys know? BTW, the Renissance is a great, great hotel for pre-cruising.

Could be the Rennaisance in Plantation or the Hyatt Bonaventure in Weston.... http://bonaventure.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Archived