Carnival Secrets they Usually Don't Tell You About 2

Elaine515

To lock the safe you must swipe the card in it. To unlock the safe you must swipe the same card again. When you open the safe it is automatically reset. I usually use my drivers license. The gift card idea does sound better.

I don't use the bathrobes. I have noticed them on most of my cruises but someone else will have to tell you what you have to do get them. I think it has something to do with the type of room you book.

i thought only the sail and sign card works to unlock/lock these. wow, had no idea. but if u can use any card why not use the sail and sign...?

I have found that when you are not using your digital camera, slip the batteries out or just open the cover. Your batteries last a lot longer this way. As you know digital cameras eat up batteries faster than you can keep them in stock.

[

I know some had said that the higlighters were used to mark things to do that day, but to us they were great for Bingo. I hate those turn down the tabs. This is alot easier. Linda

/quote]

I also thought you could use them on your Capers. Highlight the things that you do not want to miss out on. Maybe alternate with yellow and pink so you can read it easier. You can alawys pick up a extra copy if you are saving them, they are all over the ship. When I make my scrap book, I always put the Capers in it too.

i thought only the sail and sign card works to unlock/lock these. wow, had no idea. but if u can use any card why not use the sail and sign...?

Well, that makes no sense at all, to me. If that is the case, then anyone can get into the safe and take what they want.

On our last cruise my husband used his S&S card to activate the safe and when I needed to get something out of the safe, I tried mine, and it did not work. So, how can you use any credit card? We were on the Spirit, if that makes any difference.

Well, that makes no sense at all, to me. If that is the case, then anyone can get into the safe and take what they want.

On our last cruise my husband used his S&S card to activate the safe and when I needed to get something out of the safe, I tried mine, and it did not work. So, how can you use any credit card? We were on the Spirit, if that makes any difference.

You must use the same card to lock and unlock, you and your husbands sign and sail cards may have a little different info on the strip, that's why they were not interchangeable.

Just use a gift card or a grocery shopping card, but the same one every time. Each time you close the safe, you will run a card, that will lock it, you must use the same exact card to get it open again.

MAC

skclang314, if your sail and sign card gets lost or stolen, and you used the card to secure your safe, then a dishonest person would have access to your room and your safe. I would rather only have only my room compromised rather than my room and the safe to be compromised.

Since my earlier post on this subject I have used an old giftcard, and the giftcard worked great.

I AGREE! Anyone trying that patch needs to try it out a day or 2 before the cruise.

My Mom and I tried them and we looked as though we were on some serious DRUGS! My eyes were so diliated that you couldnt see the color of my eyes. WE had put them on the night before sailing. On the first night of the cruise, we both had to take them off. Neither of us could swallow water anymore.

These may work wonders for some but for some they might be a nightmare!

They work great for my motion sickness, but on our Liberty cruise it really messed up my eyes as well (it looked like I had pinkeye) Also, the day we were in Freeport (my birthday of all days) I can hardly remember. I mean, I have like 3 memories of that day...I remember being chilly on the beach when the sun went in. I remember thinking it was taking awhile to get back to the ship, and I remember my hubby wishing me a Happy B-day at dinner that night. Every thing else is gone...amnesia!! No kidding. I searched for months on a reason why I couldn't remember that day, and I finally found my answer online. The patch can cause mild memory loss while you have it on. Read up on it...it's listed as a side effect. My best friend is a pharmacist and validated that yes, this can happen.

So its no more patch for me. I guess I'll try a bonine/ginger pill combo. I've used bonine before and it helps a little, better than nothing. The dramamine works well but makes me sooo sleepy that it's just not worth it. Anybody have any other ideas?? Thanks

One constant in the universe is that we all bring more home then we left with. Get even with the universe. If you have clothes that are nearing the end of their useful lifes, take them, wear them and then throw them away. Think of all the room you will have to take new stuff home. :)

This will be the first time on Carnival that we'll have the card swipe safe. I have a mostly used gift card from a local video store I am taking with us. Since we both have to use the same card, I'll just find some place to 'hide' it in our cabin where we'll both have access to it.

We take our digital video and still cameras but don't take them on excursions (call me paranoid). I buy underwater disposables for our wet excusions and a couple of regular ones for the rest of the time. They usually take decent pictures and I can get pictures of the port city/area from the ship with the digital. We've never had a problem with the film being destroyed in the xray machines.

Thank you for all of the great tips. I'll be going on cruise #3 in November so reading all of these tips and ideas make for a great refresher. I forgot about a lot of the little things (like the hugs from the shower curtain) so you guys have definitely helped!

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT THREAD!!! Keep the tips coming! Here is a tip that I don't think was mentioned.

Take bread from the ship onto land (if you are going to a beach). This gives you food to attract and feed fish.

GREAT THREAD!!! Keep the tips coming! Here is a tip that I don't think was mentioned.

Take bread from the ship onto land (if you are going to a beach). This gives you food to attract and feed fish.

Bad Idea. The bread you take may have certain ingredients or chemicals that will hurt the local fish and wildlife.

DON'T FEED THE ANIMALS!!

They work great for my motion sickness, but on our Liberty cruise it really messed up my eyes as well (it looked like I had pinkeye) Also, the day we were in Freeport (my birthday of all days) I can hardly remember. I mean, I have like 3 memories of that day...I remember being chilly on the beach when the sun went in. I remember thinking it was taking awhile to get back to the ship, and I remember my hubby wishing me a Happy B-day at dinner that night. Every thing else is gone...amnesia!! No kidding. I searched for months on a reason why I couldn't remember that day, and I finally found my answer online. The patch can cause mild memory loss while you have it on. Read up on it...it's listed as a side effect. My best friend is a pharmacist and validated that yes, this can happen.

So its no more patch for me. I guess I'll try a bonine/ginger pill combo. I've used bonine before and it helps a little, better than nothing. The dramamine works well but makes me sooo sleepy that it's just not worth it. Anybody have any other ideas?? Thanks

My husband used to use the patch but now uses the wrist bands he bought on board, they also sell them locally at drug stores but the ones ont the ship seem more sturdy. They work by accupressure and everyone we saw wearing them thought they worked well....

So I understand, you can bring pop onboard but not beer, rum or vodka? If so, do you put the pop it in your luggage or just carry it on in a shopping bag? Sorry, newby here........

I have seen people just carry it on board, I always put mine in a duffle or something that will fit back into my suitcase at the end of the cruise and then just check it with my other bags at the curb. I have also put rum into a few water bottles..... Rum Punch made with lots of ice, oj, cranberry & Pinnapple juice, oh so yummy!

After spending hours reading the original thread...I "borrowed" this from one of the posters. Let's see if we can continue this one and make it a bit easier for all of us....

Use the spa shower if multiple people need to shower at same time

Hope this helps

Ok this just caught my perverted funny bone. I am picturing multiple people using the shower at the same time.

I'm loving these tips!

Back on pg. 4 of this thread I was reading about the crew quarters. . . .

Reminded me of when I was on the Holiday back in Dec. 1988 and I got to be friends with the very handsome Maitre d'. He was very polite and respectful, but we spent quite a bit of time together that week (totally innocent time). One night he wanted to change out of his uniform before we hung out, so he took me to the crew lounge area where they relax and watch TV in their off hours. I waited there while he changed. The other crew members were very nice and then the Maitre d' and I also stayed for awhile watching a show. After that we went up on the top deck for a nice stroll and watched the stars. (Umm - good memories). But it was a very interesting experience to be in the crew quarters.

Anyone else ever had that experience??

Just thought I'd say a word or two about seasickness.....:(

My hubby got sick every time we would cruise, finally I ask a person onboard where they got the patch worn behind their ear....

It is a patch for motion sickness, way better than Dramimine or

pills onboard, won't make you sleepy. Completely functional.

They are by prescription only and are called Scopolamine. (Trans Derm Scop. Generic form) Start wearing one 24 hours before boarding. Each one lasts 72 hours and is waterproof. Best advice that I can offer to people who need them. Prescription of 4 patches is about $40.00.

Also to the Shoppers......:)

Bring an extra duffle bag folded up in the suitcase.. just for those souvenirs bought in port. I also bring a portable bag/backpack with wheels for those long days in port....all that stuff gets really heavy.

Happy Cruising

Vickie

40 BUCKS!:eek: Go to Wal-Mart and buy a 550 mg bottle of Ginger root capsules (about 4 bucks) and take one the morning of your cruise and another around 2:00 or 3:00 p.m. Do this everyday and never be sea sick, silly or sleepy. It really works! I'm one of those people that can't ride in the backseat of a car so if it works for me....;)

40 BUCKS!:eek: Go to Wal-Mart and buy a 550 mg bottle of Ginger root capsules (about 4 bucks) and take one the morning of your cruise and another around 2:00 or 3:00 p.m. Do this everyday and never be sea sick, silly or sleepy. It really works! I'm one of those people that can't ride in the backseat of a car so if it works for me....;)

I use Bonnie....5 bucks in any rite aide, cvs etc. I get motion sickness if I turn around to quick....:eek: Take one pill the day before you cruise and one at the same time everyday....no more motion sickness and no drowsiness and only one pill a day.

Linda

I've read a lot of this thread but not all so hope I'm not repeating.

For Kids:

Pack each complete outfit (socks, undies, shirt and shorts) in a gallon ziplock. Then you can pull the baggie and give it to the child without having to dig through a million little pieces of clothing.

For adults:

Travel with a penlight. I've used it during power outages, for a booklight, even to look for something in my purse in a darkend room or venue. I use a maglight, it's smaller than my pen and gives me just enough light to see without bugging everyone around me.

Archived