age range for princess

agrip76

We are looking at Princess for our honeymoon on the Emerald Princess to the southern carribbean. I have heard that Princess's age range is 40's and 50's and was wondering if there are many honeymooners on it or if there is a younger crowd as well.

Thanks!:D

My daughter and her new hubby are on the CB as we speak honeymooning!! She called and said the majority of fellow pax were much older then them but she is having a ball, everyone is fun and she is enjoying everyone she has met, young or not so young ( is that the politically correct way to say it ):o she loves the ship, the itinarary and the food and they really really have enjoyed muts so far. she also has spoke with a few other honeymooners

Have a great cruise and congrats on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon!!!!!!!!!!

We have been on five Princess cruises in the past year and on every one there was at least one wedding. All of the weddings were young couples. That being said I think you will find all ages, however the longer cruises seem to have an older mix, probably due to work schedules. Go and enjoy!

Length and time make all the difference on the passengers. We did a 15 day Hawaii round trip cruise on Island Princess and the average age was 65+. There were 5 other couples on board under 35 (out of 2000 passengers).

In December we did a 7 day Mexico Cruise on Diamond Princess. The cruise began the first day of Christmas break for LA schools. There were over 700 kids 18 or young on board, plus hundreds more under 30.

It also depends on what month also. Certain months are going to have younger crowds (March, June, July, August)...

I am in my 30's and Princess is my line of choice. You will find ages all over the place with Princess.

My Wife and I got married on Oct of '06 & we're taking our honeymoon in 5 days on the Crown to the Eastern Carib. I'll be 26 as my B-Day is Feb 28th, during the cruise! And the wife is 27. The cruise will also be the celebration of my Sister whom is getting married on St. Thomas, the last port of call. They'll then stay on the ship for ANOTHER 7 days for 4 outa 5 completely new ports of call!!! Hope you guys have good trip. . . Rock OUt!

As others have stated, you'll see passengers from all age groups represented. The comments about cruise length and time of year are both very true.

We were on Caribbean Princess three years ago with cruise buddies Mike and Linda, all in our forties. The other two couples at our table were newlyweds on their honeymoons. One couple was in their early twenties, the other in their late 20's/early 30's. We had a great time every night at dinner, and at Princess Cay.

We didn't see much of them during the day (they were newlyweds, after all!), but spent many evenings together after dinner in the Explorers Lounge. They didn't mind hanging with us, and even asked our advice on keeping the marital bliss alive for 20+ years.

Congratulations to the OP and all other recent brides and grooms!

We just got off the Coral Princess and the demographic was definitely on the older side. Now the four of us are all early 60's so we are not spring chickens either but the majority was 70+. There were some 40-50 range and about 5 little ones. By 10 PM the lounges were dead. If you are looking for other honeymooners, go in spring or summer on a 7 day cruise.

There are a few things that I've noticed in 10+ years of cruising:

Destination - You will generally find a younger crowd going to the Caribbean and to Bermuda.

Time of Year - During the summer months (and during Christmas/Spring breaks), you will generally find a younger crowd.

Cruise Line - All other things being equal, we have found that Carnival and Royal Carribean (in that order) attract the younger crowd. It's probably because they offer so much more to the family set.

Length of Cruise - A rule of thumb we have found is that cruises of up to 7 days attract the younger crowd and families.

My DW and I usually choose to go when there will be the fewest children on board, so for us that means avoiding all of the above. This is just a personal preference...no flaming please (we teach 3-5 year olds in Sunday School).

There are a few things that I've noticed in 10+ years of cruising:

Destination - You will generally find a younger crowd going to the Caribbean and to Bermuda.

Time of Year - During the summer months (and during Christmas/Spring breaks), you will generally find a younger crowd.

Cruise Line - All other things being equal, we have found that Carnival and Royal Carribean (in that order) attract the younger crowd. It's probably because they offer so much more to the family set.

Length of Cruise - A rule of thumb we have found is that cruises of up to 7 days attract the younger crowd and families.

My DW and I usually choose to go when there will be the fewest children on board, so for us that means avoiding all of the above. This is just a personal preference...no flaming please (we teach 3-5 year olds in Sunday School).

Archived