On Board Summit At The Moment

Jarronwood

Hi Guys

Well here we are in Aruba and am having a chilling out time.

Have met Nadine and Bev, Jan and Bob, Ellen and SUnshine 70, Tuxedo and Esquared.

The ship is lovely and yes she is showing wear and tear but apart from that everything is perfect. Will obviously write up a much more detailed report when arrived back home but I just wanted to post my thoughts so far.

Absolutely no complaints. Been to the martini tasting, and margarita tasting. Very good.

Have to dash, too many e mails to reply to.

Have connected in Aruaa for 3 usa dollars for 30 minutes. Bargain.

Also bought some nice stuff. Shoes, handbag couple of clothes. Very very cheap, especially for us Brits. I could have bought my Gucci watch here in the Gucci house for half the price. So save your money guys for Aruba.

Bye for now

\

Has the new bedding arrived on Summit? If not, ask around and find out for us when we can expect some comfy beds.

Have the gauze curtains been removed from the "Bar..." lounge? I would love to get that great view returned to us before our Alaska trip.

Have a great trip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

we have now disembarked and have checked in to a hotel in LA before we fly home to the UK tomorrow.

I have only now been able to check my e mails and postings etc since the hotel we are in has free broadband wifi access.

I will submit a link to my blog soon along with photos but meanwhile just wanted to reiterate that we had a lovely cruise. We met some wonderful people and hopefully will stay good friends.

Willie, no new bedding, so far as I could gather. AM not sure about the gauze curtains since we never got to that particular bar.

Carmen, yes I did wear the dress, but have to say that although I felt comfortable wearing it, it was too formal. The majority of people did dress on formal nights, but not what I would call "formal".

Anyway, a longer posting will be coming soon with loads of photos.

UKTog, sorry did nto get to say hello to the girls in the bar, since I did not pick up your post until now. Have to say that the champagne/martini bar was my fav place on the ship.

Archived