Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

Yeap, I agree completely, love those berries. :D

But seriously, here's another secret: You can order fresh berries - rasberries, blueberries, strawberries -- with whipped cream every night for desert. Here in NY a bowl of berries can cost $5 easy, so it's a real luxury. And the whipped cream is fresh. Perfect for those on a low-carb diet!
:D

Great thread - love it:)

I have a question...I love the spa and spend lots of time there. Is there a charge for the Persian Gardens if you are in a suite?? I was wondering if its the same policy as the T-Pool.

Thanks

The Thallassotherapy pool is free to everyone on the ship. The Persian Garden is not, regardless of what room you are in. I think it's worth it to buy the pass for the whole trip -- being able to sauna after a long day in port is priceless!! :D

Ok! Here's a secret. I don't think Celebrity would mind if I told though. On back-to-back cruises, on the turnaround day, the back-to-backers were offerred a special menu in the dining room for lunch with extremely individual service. We were offerred Filet Mignon and fish served made to order. We also had a wonderful mushroom soup. The menu is really small and only had the those 2 entree's listed. It is also fun to see the few guests who will be staying over fopr the next week.

Andrea,

That lunch was really great and we were the only ones being served. Just my husband and I with all that great service. They didn't seem to offer it in Hawaii, but we didn't stay on the ship to check it out anyway. We will just have to do a back to back again.

If you are not a salad eater, you can ask your table server for a shrimp salad instead. It is like the shrimp cocktail, only larger. One of my table mates on the Mercury rarely ate salad, but instead had a shrimp cocktail AND a shrimp salad almost every night. Some nights we also ordered an extra dessert "for the table" and those who wanted to try something new or different, each took a little piece.

I have been told that each time you order something other than what's on the menu for the evening, your table server must get an approval from the Assistant Mader'de. { This may change some of the opinions about why you should tip this person also. }

Andrea

Thanks for that piece of information.

I will have to decide now whether to disembark in San Diego at the end of the 14 day Alaska portion prior to the Panama 14 days, or dine in truly terrific style. I had thought that I might do laundry on that day, but domestic duties CAN be ignored.

I had always wondered why the main dining room was closed but there appeared to be people eating lunch in there when I have boarded the ships. Now I know.

As for the Persian Gardens, like most here, I had heard about them but had ABSOLUTELY no clue where to find them. If there is a $100 charge for unlimited usage that just might be worth my while. Now if I can get the unlimited usage for the 29 days that I am on the Summit, I will be doing the Happy dance and PROMISE, cross my heart, that I will report back here and let you all know. Somehow the concept that I might be getting a "Deal" is rather ludicrous considering the length of time I will be onboard the ship. If my invoice is any example, there is no financial break for taking the repositioning trips. Oh well, this is a trip of a lifetime. (Until next year that is. :) )

My secret...be REALLY considerate of the staff, treat them well, thank them for their efforts, leave your cabin for a short time if it helps them stay on schedual, understand that they work VERY hard and have feelings...and you'll get even BETTER service :D !!

Cruise Guy,

And I had NOT even thought about negotiating the price with the Spa attendants. What a fantastic idea. Perhaps we can do the 'nudge nudge, wink wink' act and if I get a REALLY fantastic price, I will also report that back here.

I am planning on offering up my body as well as that of my husband, to the spa people for the Panama portion. When we boarded the Century at Xmas I was approached and asked if I would like to be a 'model' for their service. (I really must have looked terrible!) They offered me the whole shooting match but it would take three hours. I know that my mothering instinct took over and I refused. (No IQ tests PLEASE!) I was anticipating the arrival of our 27 and 30 year old kids and did not wish to miss a single moment with them.

Now if I can find out if the Martini bar needs tasters I will be all set. :D

The things one sees on these boards from time to time. :eek:

3_2_101.gif

Cruise Guy,

I am planning on offering up my body as well as that of my husband, to the spa people for the Panama portion. :D

The concierge & his staff on the Millie are awesome and love a challenge to do whatever your little heart desires. When we were in the Med in June, they offered all kinds of port touring info, tips and local operator recommendations (stuff you won't get from the shore excursions folks or the official port consultant).

- chocolate croissants available warm each morning in Cova Cafe

- a daily pass ($20) to the Persian Gardens if you want to try it out before spending $100 for the entire cruise

- creme brulee available every night at dinner IF you pre-order it

We've had banana splits served on Zenith on 10 and 11 day cruises when you just had to have something "special" after all those over the top desserts! Also, if you have an ice cream preference (rum raisin is mine) they will bring it to you even if it's not one of the evening's selections on the menu.

When your really hungry in the middle of the night, find the dumbwaiter, crawl in and take a ride to the kitchen where you'll find a vast array of desserts and yummy foods. Load up your bag and head back for the ride back to your floor.

PS- you can only sneak food this way - please refrain from trying this method to sneek crew members into your cabin.:D

Please note that a few posts were removed.

Cruise Critic guidelines include this sentence: "In addition, the discussion of illegal activities, such as (but not limited to) drugs is also not allowed."

Theft of services is an illegal activity.

Watch it, Rusty!:D I got nailed, you could be next!:p

Archived