Coach Outlet Store

Annefran

OK I just heard there's a Coach Outlet store in the San Juan, PR area. Can anyone tell me where it is in relation to the Ports or Old San Juan area? I know that I have to make that a stop before our cruise in April 07.

Thanks for the info!

Is there anyone that knows if it is better to pay with cash or credit at Coach (or Dooney and Burke for that matter since it is next door)?

If cash is better, how much should i bring? I will be going straight there so i will not have it on me long :eek:

What time do they close? I am on NOS March 24-31 and we do not port til 2pm.

From what i understand we dock at Pan America Pier. If i ask a cab to go to coach store, how much would it cost?

Thank you in advance.

Here's the address:

150 Calle Cristo, Old San Juan, San Juan, PR 00901 Puerto Rico

Is this the Official Coach Store? Or just an outlet that happens to sell Coach? I ask because according to the Coach.com website, the only Coach store listed in Puerto Rico is at:

Plaza Las Americas

525 F.D. Roosevelt Ave

Hato Rey , PR 00918

(787) 296-2079

Open Hours: Mon-Sat 9-9, Sun 11-5

But the Coach.com website doesn't list all the official outlet stores either. Also, any insights on whether they are authentic and not fake? (not that I can really tell sometimes, but it still matters to me! I want to know I bought somethign real!)

I was there in Oct and it is an official outlet store. I am pretty sure we were docked at pier 4 and we were able to walk there no problem. It is an uphill walk but manageable, coming back is downhill and very easy. I am not sure about the pan am pier though. They accepted credit cards and there was tax but I think it was only 1%. There are other outlet stores nearby but we only stopped in Coach. It is located at 150 Calle Cristo on a corner but I cannot recall the street it intersects with. I thought the prices were pretty good and the clearance stuff is towards the back. I hope this helps.

It is named "Coach Factory" and is on the corner of Cristo and San Francisco. There is no longer a 1% tax rate. That is just for San Juan. The total tax rate is now 7%. Credit cards work just like on the US mainland. No discount for cash. If I had to guess, their prices, like everything else in Puerto Rico, are a few percentage points higher than the mainland (~5%).

My wife loves shopping, especially for purses so I took it upon myself to research and investigate the Coach store and Dooney/Burke store in Old San Juan.

We cruised through San Juan twice (2002 & 2003) for our anniversary. Here is the info. on the stores:

Coach Outlet- San Juan, PR

158 Calle del Cristo St.

San Juan, PR

787-722-6830

Dooney & Burke Outlet- San Juan, PR

200 Calle del Cristo St.

San Jaun, Pr 00901

787-289-0075

M-Sat 10a-6p

Sun 12-5

When we were there, we paid NO sales tax at Coach as well as Dooney/Burke. I'm not sure what the others are referring to or if something has changed since we last cruised there in 2003. My wife bought 3-4 purses.

My suggestion is to call the store and let them know when you will be visiting. They have monthly specials and they will put a purse or two on hold for you if you request it.

We will be visiting San Juan again this summer and will be shopping at both stores.

Hope this info. helps!

Effective November 15, 2006 a 5.5% Puertorican sales tax was implemented. Somewhere in the summertime, San Juan imposed a 1% sales tax. You will now pay anywhere between 5.5 and 7% sales tax on all purchases in Puerto Rico (depending on the municipality you are purchasing in). I hope that clears up any confusion.

For the life of me, I just don't understand why anyone would go all the way to old San Juan to visit a Coach outlet! There are so many Coach Outlets stateside...I think there must be one in every Outlet Malls built in this country! The stores all carry the same merchandise at the same prices. The only "savings" I can tell one might get is from a sales tax difference (or lack thereof!).

For the life of me, I just don't understand why anyone would go all the way to old San Juan to visit a Coach outlet! There are so many Coach Outlets stateside...I think there must be one in every Outlet Malls built in this country! The stores all carry the same merchandise at the same prices. The only "savings" I can tell one might get is from a sales tax difference (or lack thereof!).

Well, not all of us live in the US, or near an outlet mall, or even in a major city where you can buy Coach stuff at regular prices, let alone at a discount. And it's not like we're going to Old San Juan for the sole purpose of going to that, or any, outlet store. But since we're there *anyway*, well heck YEAH we're going to stop in!

Can you give me any idea on the prices?

Did you see any knock off Coach purses sold in San Juan?

thansk for your help..

You will find vendors selling all "brands" of knock offs near the OSJ terminal.

Sometimes you just gotta satisfy that Jones. ;)

Seriously, I think the thread started because somebody who does not have easy access back home wanted to pick something up prior to getting on the ship.

We have a Coach outlet store just north of us in NY state...and Coach in Old San Juan by far beats any prices that I have seen here in the states!

By the way...a few steps from Coach is a GREAT POLO(Ralph Lauren) outlet! We always get mens shirts for $10 & $15!:p

I guess some of you don't get it. Of course nobody goes to San Juan just to by a purse but its nice to be on vacation and get a great deal on something you really like.

The Coach store had a few discounted purses but the big winner was the D&B Outlet. The prices were heavilly discounted than any store in the states. Both times we were there, the D&B Outlet had better prices than the Coach outlet. Every month they had specials on current purses which added significantly to the savings.

My wife purchased 4-5 purses while we were there. At the time we were there, there was no sales tax so you can see that we hit it big.

The reason why I know so much about it is I did my homework prior to the cruise and called both stores and spoke to the manger. The D&B mgr. gave us all the info. on current specials and next months specials. The manager even put some purses on hold for my wife.

We save approx. $75 to $150 off of EACH purse not includiing the sales tax.

We will be back again in August but don't expect to get the same savings but, we know the manager and will probably get an addt'l discount anyway!

You are from a large city. I am sure therte is one every 2 feet, just like in Orlando. However they are most certainly not everywhere and I am sure my neice would be just as excited to check one out. :)

Just my opinion - I've been to the outlet in OSJ. I was really anxious to go as I love my coach purses. I didn't find any 'really good' bargains when I was there but I was glad I went to see it. The real discounts are in the back of the store - but I do much better on e-bay. Just won an authentic coach $218 handbag for $100 - I couldn't come close to finding that in San Juan.

Have fun in OSJ!

Kaye

Archived