Kusadasi Private tour guide.

Sueleekey

We set up a tour with Ms. Engin Kadaster @ Newport International Travel. She is highly regarded and was responsive, reasonable, and very helpful after I contacted her. She has a long history as a tour guide and is highly respected in the area. She will most likely not provide the tour herself, but set you up and arrange a tour for you that is customized to your needs.

You can reach her at engin@newportinternational.net.

If an e-mail or website address, or even a company name, appears on these boards as *****, it's because the CruiseCritic community guidelines were violated and the name has been blocked. Please do not attempt to get around the block, especially by spelling out the address. Any posts that do will be removed.

I suggest a Google or Yahoo! search for any information you cannot obtain on these boards.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

progress.gif

I don't get it Karen. As a long time supporter and participant, I as well as others "respond" to a OP's question. I quote Laura's guidelines: How else are we going to know who is "recommended and does a good job"?

"Reviews/Recommendations of Tour Operators/Guides

Legitimate third-party recommendations/reviews for tour operators/guides/businesses *must* be posted in response to a request for the information. All others will be removed from the boards. Additionally, repeatedly posting the same “review” over and over in response to many threads is considered “spamming” and will be removed from the boards."

Please enlighten me, (if this even posts). The forum is running very slow again.

Nanatravel

Nanatravel, you have misunderstood the issue here. Anyone can recommend a tour guide/operator in response to a request. However, if the tour guide/operator has violated the Community Guidelines (i.e., advertising, posting as a cruise passenger), the website address and/or e-mail address will be blocked (appear as *****). If someone tries to spell out the blocked address, the post will be removed. At that point, it is best if the person seeking the information perform a Google or Yahoo! search for the information.

As you can see from a post above, the address was blocked. In case the member or another poster thought they might "help out" by spelling out the address, I posted my informational comments.

I hope this addresses your concerns.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

P.S. The boards are slow and frustrating for all of us. Please read Laura's update under Announcements at the top of the threads for more information.

Hi SueLeekey,

We have booked Nejat Incedogan for a tour to Kusadasi this coming April. I have read excellent reviews on this board and have been most impressed with his prompt and informed replies to our requests.

When are you travelling?

We have booked for Kusaadasi and Istanbul with Mehmet Dagdelen at Sammy's Travel. He has been very prompt and obliging in emails as we tried to work out our itinerary. There was a discount aalso for using him in both ports. I have read many positive comments about this company on these boards. When are you travelling?

Jennie

Can anyone help me to find a private tour guide from Kusadasi? Thanks for any help.

After doing extensive research here on CC board and contacting each of the tour companies recommended, we booked with Meander Travel for a full day tour. http://www.meandertravel.com . They are highly recommended on the boards here as well as other cruise message boards.

There are several tour companies mentioned here on CC so it really is worth it to do a search and then read the posts about each of the companies.

We sail in September and can't wait for our day in Kusadasi.

Enjoy your cruise.

Julia

We leave on our cruise April 6 but arrive at Kusadasi on May 1. I did get an email from Engin at Newport International travel. The tour she laid out sounded very good. Only worry is there was a phishing warning on the email from her. Any thoughts on this. Trying to check this out. Will email the other recommendations too.

Hi - We used Meander travel in November. They were incredible. They are so sincere about making the day the best it can possibly be for you.

I would recommend them very highly. It was a first rate tour.

Sandra

Sandra:

We are using them in September and if you have the time, could you email me? juliadlf@hotmail.com I'd love to hear what you did for your day in Kusadasi with Meander.

Thanks

Julia

I have to throw my two cents in for Mesut Yilmaz - he was AMAZING! I would say he made Kusadasi one of our favorite ports. Took us to Ephesus and Artemis Temple, and then back to Kusadasi. We had a little time left before the ship departed, so he took us out to Pigeon Island where we sat and had a drink with him and just chatted.

I cannot give him higher marks - our day was fantastic!

Hi,

Brad and I booked Sammy's travel in Kusadasi for our trip last Nov 2006. Our guide was excellent and very personable! The day's tour included a trip to the house of the virgin Mary, Ephesus,St John's Basicilica etc. and lunch. It was a steal compared to all of the other private tours that we had booked. We even were lucky enough to stop at a local pottery factory and buy some great souveniers. Unfortunately we chose to pack them and bring them home ourselves- big mistake. Have them shipped home. Most of the pottery we bought ended up in pieces by the time we got home. Drat!!!!

Anyway, Sammy's Travel was excellent.

Have fun!

Sheila and Brad

We have also booked Nejat Incedogan. We are looking forward to finally having a tour with him after Kusadasi was cancelled on our first Med cruise.

I have booked with Nejat in May -- when is your cruise? I would love to hear where you went, etc.

Lunch is included as part of our full day with him. Does anyone know if it is safe to eat most places in Turkey? I thought I read a post about this but can't find anything again.

Thanks,

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

We are on the May 26 Grand Princess cruise and will be with Nejat on June 2. You will probably be with him before us. We will be doing a review on this cruise and will have lots of pictures of this amazing place. I can't wait.

Thank you for your comments, Mike.

You won't have time to read my report because you'll be on your own cruise, MVP. We return home on May 31st. I have heard many people say Ephesus was the highlight of their cruise. I'm excited!

~Lynn

Mike,

From what I have read about the tour guides that do Ephesus, it seems that they all do a fine job. I can't remember reading about any bad ones.

Lynn,

I am so looking forward to going to Ehpesus. We were so disappointed in 2003 when the port was cancelled. I am sure it will be a wonderful day. Can't wait.

Mike,

From what I have read about the tour guides that do Ephesus, it seems that they all do a fine job. I can't remember reading about any bad ones.

Lynn,

I am so looking forward to going to Ehpesus. We were so disappointed in 2003 when the port was cancelled. I am sure it will be a wonderful day. Can't wait.

Mike, why was your stop in the port cancelled in 2003? We are sailing in August/Sept. and wondering if there are any potential weather problems which would result in a port being cancelled.

Thanks

Kathy

Archived