Jeans on the Wind... the facts.

Holg

In the roll-call thread for the Wind 2/10 James, who was on the Wind the day before yesterday reports...

The dress code for dinner was pretty relaxed. You can't wear tank tops, t-shirts, flip flop type shoes (I did with black socks a few nights) and no shorts. You could wear jeans but none with holes (if your my age you know how hard it is to get jeans for us without holes so I just put my hand over a few when I walked in but I don't think they would of cared.) That's about all I can think of. I'm on my way to honolulu airport now for a 7pm flight to texas then home.

James

I'm not trying to start yet another debate, just present a recent, first-hand report on the issue.

I am not expressing an opinion on jeans in the dining rooms one way or the other.

Thank you Holg for finding this information and posting it. It is just another in a serious of reports that we are getting back from most of the NCL ships that the new dress code does allow jeans. This is the first hand kind of information that we need to better be able to inform those that ask.

Barb: James is not on this thread. That was his quote that Holg took from a recent review of the Wind by James.

Why is it offensive to wear jeans in the dining room? I don't get that. Also stop worying about others and stop letting what they wear affect your cruise... you will live longer. I know I know start slamming me... I am sure I offended somebody and ruined their cruise....

Why is it offensive to wear jeans in the dining room? I don't get that. Also stop worying about others and stop letting what they wear affect your cruise... you will live longer. I know I know start slamming me... I am sure I offended somebody and ruined their cruise....

You should be ashamed of yourself! ;)

-Monte

Scroll down and look at the locked thread, and you'll see why some people object to jeans at dinner in a ship's dining room.

Again, the solution would be for NCL to have one dining room (in addition to the buffet) set aside for those who want to wear jeans, and the others for those who enjoy a dressier atmosphere. Then, everyone would be happy.

Again, the solution would be for NCL to have one dining room (in addition to the buffet) set aside for those who want to wear jeans, and the others for those who enjoy a dressier atmosphere. Then, everyone would be happy.

You just don't get it, do you? The solution is, quite simply, for those who for some inexplicable reason can't bear to dine in the same room as someone wearing jeans to cruise on another cruise line--and leave in peace those of us who are mature enough to judge people by who they are, not what they wear.

I've read some of your comments on this board about your aversion to jeans in the dining room. It seems like a rather narrow focus to lump all jeans together as unfashionable for a dining room, as if they are all dungarees. Your fashion sense appears to be not quite up to date, which is surprising for a young woman like yourself. There are jeans that are quite fashionable (and also expensive), particularly marketed for women. You talk about jeans as if they are all work clothes, suitable for gardening and cheap bars, but if you look in specialty stores you'll find a whole industry, using high quality denim fabric that produces attractive, stylish jeans for the fashion concious consumer. Its a far cry from the levis one might throw on to work in the garden and I suppose the price does reflect the difference. Bottom line is all jeans are not the same, far from it. I know it can be easily to generalize but in this case, its not working...

Scroll down and look at the locked thread, and you'll see why some people object to jeans at dinner in a ship's dining room.

A better solution would be for you to purchase a ship or cruise line. Then you could dictate what the dress code would be. Then you would be happy.

::sigh:: I thought we'd have more than 12 hours before this came up again. The OP was just sharing something that someone else said. That's not an invitation to fight over how someone feels about jeans. Agree to disagree. :D

Archived