Murder Mystery Dinner ???

Arubamoose

Haven't had much luck getting an answer to this question in the past....

Going on the Dawn 3/1 - 10 day intinerary

What night is the murder mystery dinner?

Going to figure out this weekend when to make reservations for the restaurants against posted menus and ports and times....need to figure where to fit in the MM dinner.

Thanks!

What is the Murder Mystery Dinner????

You sign up to take part. The event takes place at one of the restaurants, so you have dinner while you participate (role play).

First, everyone meets at a lounge to be assigned to a table for the dinner. You also watch a short film giving you the basis of the murder mystery (characters, locations, possible clues, etc.)

Each person on a team is given a packet with information of the character they will play in the mystery while sitting at your table for dinner. The packet tells you what you can say in answering questions about your character. All characters, except the one assigned to be the murderer, cannot lie when asked questions. Obviously, the murderer will lie to throw you off. There are a series of question answer periods (in between the meal being served). At the end, everyone has to guess who they think the winner is.

It can be a fun event, especially if you are in a group of people that have fun with it. Everyone in our group had a lot of fun embellishing their character's stories to make it fun and interesting. Later on, whenever we met these same people on the ship, we made jokes about their character.

What is the Murder Mystery Dinner????

You sign up to take part. The event takes place at one of the restaurants, so you have dinner while you participate (role play).

First, everyone meets at a lounge to be assigned to a table for the dinner. You also watch a short film giving you the basis of the murder mystery (characters, locations, possible clues, etc.)

Each person on a team is given a packet with information of the character they will play in the mystery while sitting at your table for dinner. The packet tells you what you can say in answering questions about your character. All characters, except the one assigned to be the murderer, cannot lie when asked questions. Obviously, the murderer will lie to throw you off. There are a series of question answer periods (in between the meal being served). At the end, everyone has to guess who they think the winner is.

It can be a fun event, especially if you are in a group of people that have fun with it. Everyone in our group had a lot of fun embellishing their character's stories to make it fun and interesting. Later on, whenever we met these same people on the ship, we made jokes about their character.

We were on the Jewel in December and attended the Murder Mystery Dinner (which was a lot of fun by the way!!), but there was an age restriction 'no one under 18 allowed' so our two kids had room service and a movie in our stateroom instead. I don't know if your daughter would want to do something like that, but my kids were happy to be able to kick back and relax for one night!

Does anyone know if this is offered on the Pride of Hawaii as well?

I am leaving the day after tomorrow on the 3/1 Dawn and I still have yet to find the answer.....:confused:

What night is the Murder Mystery dinner on the 10 Day Dawn?

Some of you have to know!!!! ANYONE? :rolleyes:

Dawn...10 day....

Just the Dawn......:)

I was on the Dawn on the Feb 8-18 cruise with the original identical itinerary as your cruise. The Murder Mystery was on Wed at 5 pm ,the day we were in San Juan.

I guess with the change in itinerary it will probably be the day you are in St Thomas.

I was on the Dawn on the Feb 8-18 cruise with the original identical itinerary as your cruise. The Murder Mystery was on Wed at 5 pm ,the day we were in San Juan.

I guess with the change in itinerary it will probably be the day you are in St Thomas.

Do they only offer this on longer cruises? Should I expect this on the 8 Night Star next week?

Not every ship or cruise director does the Murder Mystery dinner. Read your Freestyle dailies to discover if, when, and where.....

It is impossible for any of us to tell one way or another, as cruise directors move about from one ship to another.

Do they offer this on all ships? I'll be on the STAR next week and this sounds fun.

Once again, check the roll call board for 3/6, the answer is there. Yes.

You need to sign up for this at a designated time and place. Only a limited amount of people will be allowed to take part.

Those attending our meet & greet may be able to sign up in advance.

Archived