Coral Princess - Medical Excellence

coiran

I posted my satisfaction with the medical attention I recently received on the Coral Princess in another thread which was a medical topic and was promptly blasted for attacking the OP. I guess a positive experience should be posted on a positive thread - so here it is. The details are in a letter I sent to Princess headquarters after arriving home.

Princess Cruises

24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Att: Manager Customer Relations

Dear Sir,

I just wanted to let you corporate management folks know what a great time we had on the December 2, 2006 Coral Princess Panama Canal Cruise. This was our 19th cruise with Princess and it was as good as the first and all in between. The food, service and entertainment was all first class.

I would like to give special thanks to Doctor Martin Carroll and his fine staff. On the third day of the cruise I became ill and was treated by Dr. Carroll. He made me feel that he really cared about my well being and was as anxious to get me back up and running as I was to get back up and running. I was back to normal after a couple of days. Dr. Carroll also has an unique bedside manner as do all of his staff.

I also want to commend the Cruise Director, “Good Ole Stu”. I had arranged with the corporate offices to have a “Cruise Critic” get together on the second day. Stu had it all set up in the Wheelhouse Lounge and showed up personally to greet us. He also volunteered to have a closing get together toward the end of the cruise, which he hosted and attended. Stu is a very personable CD and a real “people person”.

I found the medical staff to be very attentive and concerned about my welfare. The treatment rooms and bathrooms were exceptionally clean. I didn't request or get room service but I did not expect it unless I was having a heart attack or stroke.

I am truly sorry if I offended anyone on the other thread. It was not intended. I just wanted to express my experiences.

Ron

I too would like to respond to this thread. My DH and I were on the Coral in January...and I became ill with a sinus infection. Being a nurse....I was extremely aphrehensive about seeing an unknown doctor....but I knew I had to be treated. I went to Medical and was seen by a nurse and the doctor who both knew understood what was wrong with me....and in my opinion...treated me correctly. In 24 hours, I was feeling much better and was once again able to enjoy my trip. They were both so nice and professional.....and I was assured that if I wasn't feeling better....I should return.

I am so grateful for the care that they gave me....so that I was able to enjpy the rest of my cruise.

I would never have a fear in the future of seeing the Medical Staff on a Princess Cruise....and this comes from a nurse!!!!!!!!!

Robin

Thanks to both of your for posting your positive experiences. As you know so much of the time on these boards people come here to complain, which definitely has its place. However, lost in it all are the good experiences such as you both had. It is good to know that we can count on the medical center when it is needed. I am an MD and despite that it is still good to know that they are well staffed and well equipped.

Thanks for posting!

I have yet to need medical care on a ship but am glad that quality medical care is available. Didn't I read once that many Princess ships have a medical hookup/linkup with Mayo or some other very well known hospital? So in case the physicians need more assistance, they are equipped for that.

Plan B would be to make sure Toronto is on all of my sailings :)

Thanks for the positive post here. We leave to go on the Coral Princess in 3 days! Can't wait!

Thanks - I think the Senior and Junior Doctors that attended me are not on board now. They were both English and were a Hoot! English medical terminology is slightly different than ours. Hope you have a great trip and do not have to use the medical services, but if you do, I'm certain you will get good medical attention.

Ron

On my parents very first cruise, my mother was not feeling well before they went but her doctor thought "the sea air would do her some good". Well, she ended up with pnemonia and spent 3 days in the ships medical facility. The were on the Costa Carla C and to this day will say that was their favorite cruise!

Last yr my brother had to have emergency surgery the night before our cruise in a Ft Lauderdale hospital and had to go the the Star Princess medical facility everyday to have his packing and bandage changed and checked. He was very impressed with the service and facility.

Both times, the medical staff was very professional and facility clean.

Archived