If the cruise leaves from Fort Lauderdale at 4:00 - what is the LATEST I can arrive?

naylenk

The ONLY flight I can get this summer would have me arriving at 1:45 to Fort Lauderdale Airport. The cruise I want to go on leaves at 4:00. Do you think there's ANY way I'd be able to make it on the cruise? How far away is the port from the airport? What happens if I miss the ship? I know it's probably cutting it much too close, but I really want to go on this cruise - help!!!

The ONLY flight I can get this summer would have me arriving at 1:45 to Fort Lauderdale Airport. The cruise I want to go on leaves at 4:00. Do you think there's ANY way I'd be able to make it on the cruise? How far away is the port from the airport? What happens if I miss the ship? I know it's probably cutting it much too close, but I really want to go on this cruise - help!!!

The airport in Ft Lauderdale is less than 3 miles from Port Everglades.

You will easily make it if you land at 1:45

The airport in Ft Lauderdale is less than 3 miles from Port Everglades.

You will easily make it if you land at 1:45

Provided there aren't any traffic SNAFU's

naylenk, I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but we received our travel docs yesterday (ok, that was gratuitous bragging) and booked our air through Carnival.

They have us arriving in Ft Lauderdale at 1:30pm.

I also can't leave the day before for the same reason (honeymoon! yay!). The worst part is having to make a 6am flight the morning after our wedding! :(

Congratulations to you on your upcoming marriage and best wishes to you for your honeymoon planning!

Count yourselves lucky you can still make it, though what we decided is pretty good too. It's our honeymoon, and the only flight to Tampa would arrive at 4-something, so we're flying out three days after our wedding, spending a few days in Disney World, and then driving to Tampa for the week-later cruise.

On second thought, I count myself lucky...

Does anyone know how trip insurance works? Is there a certain amount of time that flights need to be delayed in order to qualify?

Hi naylenk,

Every plan's different (usually the delay has to be 5 - 12 hours depending on the plan). If you want to learn more, go to www.google.com and search for "travel delay". You'll find some good information.

I hope this helps.

Archived